Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Karl lagerfeld trend?
Previous  1  2  3

chestnut

Post Thu, Aug 15 2024, 6:26 pm
amother Cerulean wrote:
I believe most frum people don’t know which designers are anti semites. What about all the people who shop at shein which clearly supports Palestine? What’s their excuse?

How does Shein support Palestine?
Amazon sells Palestinian flags, "free Palestine" and "from the river..." merchandise. Does Amazon support Palestine? Did you stop shopping on Amazon?

amother
Maroon  

Post Thu, Aug 15 2024, 7:02 pm
Just for the record- Karl Lagerfeld is not an anti-Semite. His parents were Nazi sympathizers but he has always proven himself to be pro-Jews. He even helped fund a shul being built in France by holocaust survivors

amother
  Maroon  

Post Thu, Aug 15 2024, 7:06 pm
RYK wrote:
Thanks so much for this information! I actually really like Karl lagerfeld stuff but never knew the logo is from trans persons face!!! Will def think again before wearing their stuff

Karl lagerfeld was not trans

amother
Hydrangea

Post Thu, Aug 15 2024, 7:50 pm
Quote:
How does Shein support Palestine?
Amazon sells Palestinian flags, "free Palestine" and "from the river..." merchandise. Does Amazon support Palestine? Did you stop shopping on Amazon?

I have this same question. I still shop on Shein.
I can't afford frum stores and my teenage DD and myself need tznius clothing. Shein is a marketplace, just like Amazon or Walmart. Are people also starting to boycott every single platform that sells anything to do with Palestine?

amother
Waterlily  

Post Thu, Aug 15 2024, 11:43 pm
amother Moccasin wrote:
How are you okay with supporting an anti semite? It's astounding how many jews support strong and outspoken anti semites.

He died already. Noone can support him

amother
  Waterlily  

Post Thu, Aug 15 2024, 11:47 pm
RYK wrote:
Thanks so much for this information! I actually really like Karl lagerfeld stuff but never knew the logo is from trans persons face!!! Will def think again before wearing their stuff
wth?
He wasn’t trans

B'Syata D'Shmya

Post Fri, Aug 16 2024, 12:00 am
The clothing we put on our children do matter. It makes a statement that isnt lost on the kids, even little ones.
We learned that the three areas that we clung to in Mitzrayim ensured our Jewish continuity - Language, Names and Clothing.

Clothes do make the man.

We should all take that into account before putting some garment into our children's closets.

I'm not commenting on this or that clothing line (or budget), just saying that this topic isnt trivial. It bears a lot more weight than we know.

amother
  Waterlily

Post Fri, Aug 16 2024, 12:23 am
Okay Karl Lagerfeld in cheder is hilarious and poor taste.

RYK  

Post Fri, Aug 16 2024, 7:04 am
amother Maroon wrote:

Oh! Don't know why I understood like that from this thread

amother
Yarrow

Post Fri, Aug 16 2024, 7:21 am
amother Strawberry wrote:
If chassidish schools made a rule like the yeshivish schools. Polo's only from 7 we wouldn't have this problem. Though I think it would have to be taken a step further only solids and no words. On the other hand I'd feel bad for the poorer kids because their aren't designs in the cheap department stores with polos.

Target had very nice striped polos for boys this summer.

Frumomsi

Post Fri, Aug 16 2024, 7:22 am
RYK wrote:
Oh! Don't know why I understood like that from this thread

He didn’t exactly live a very decent life according to our standards either!

RYK

Post Fri, Aug 16 2024, 8:02 am
amother Diamond wrote:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karl_Lagerfeld
He wasn’t so bad. He was a gay fashion designer who worked for Chanel. Read why he was labeled antisemitic. He’s anti Muslim and a compulsive liar.
I wouldn’t get a $99 sweatshirt for a toddler but if people do, good for them. I don’t think the picture is any worse than South Park pictures and no I wouldn’t put my kids in that either.
Sometimes people get things for their kids without realizing what it is. Especially in other countries.
What frum store was carrying this? A store that is owned by frum people and only caters to frum people? Or a store owned by frum people that everyone shops at?

I guess this made me think

amother
DarkViolet

Post Fri, Aug 16 2024, 8:09 am
amother Diamond wrote:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karl_Lagerfeld
He wasn’t so bad. He was a gay fashion designer who worked for Chanel. Read why he was labeled antisemitic. He’s anti Muslim and a compulsive liar.
I wouldn’t get a $99 sweatshirt for a toddler but if people do, good for them. I don’t think the picture is any worse than South Park pictures and no I wouldn’t put my kids in that either.
Sometimes people get things for their kids without realizing what it is. Especially in other countries.
What frum store was carrying this? A store that is owned by frum people and only caters to frum people? Or a store owned by frum people that everyone shops at?

Channel was known to be a huge Hitler supporter.

Bnei Berak 10  

Post Fri, Aug 16 2024, 8:14 am
amother Maroon wrote:

Correct. He was g-y (most me fashion designers are)

Bnei Berak 10

Post Fri, Aug 16 2024, 8:23 am
chestnut wrote:
Maybe ppl think it's just a man with a cat, not specifically Karl?

Just a man with a cat? It's KL with Choupette, his uber-famous cat who he wished to marry if it was possible.

amother
  Maroon

Post Fri, Aug 16 2024, 9:05 am
amother DarkViolet wrote:
Channel was known to be a huge Hitler supporter.

Coco *Chanel was herself a nazi. That has absolutely nothing to do with Karl Lagerfeld though, who has spent most of his life working for Jews and has only proven a pro Jewish opinion through actions and words

And to someone who mentioned Tommy Hilfiger, he is not an anti-Semite or racist and never has been. It was a mean email rumor from years ago that had literally zero basis

Hugo Boss was a Nazi supporter and used forced labor to make Nazi uniforms. As a result after WW2 he lost his company

Louis Vuitton also was possibly a Nazi supporter as they strongly supported the fake government officials Hitler placed in France during his occupation

HonesttoGod

Post Fri, Aug 16 2024, 1:22 pm
Half the women buying this have absolutely no idea who the image is of.
They know KL as a designer but not what he looks like necessarily.

It’s on the store owners for stocking this. Completely pathetic.

amother
  Diamond

Post Fri, Aug 16 2024, 2:11 pm
RYK wrote:
I guess this made me think

Made you think what? That he was trans? He wasn’t. He was gay.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics