Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Karl lagerfeld trend?
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP  

Post Wed, Aug 14 2024, 11:53 pm
What’s the hype?
I’ve been looking at the new arrivals at some of the Jewish children’s clothing websites.
There’s a little kids Karl sweatshirt, PRICED AT $99, with pic of Karl, signature ponytail, sunglasses and all, and sizes are sold out!
🤮
What am I missing?
Where is the beauty in it?
How to justify that look with that price tag?
I’m horrified.
Now I understand the need for the teleconference from the chassidish boys chadarim.

amother
Brass

Post Thu, Aug 15 2024, 12:00 am
Can you link this sweatshirt? Never saw it and I’m curious about what you mean.

amother
Burgundy

Post Thu, Aug 15 2024, 12:00 am
How mothers can put that giant profile picture of him with that long pony tail on their little boys hearts while sending them to learn the aleph beis is beyond me.

And I love designer stuff btw. But that is so outrageous!

amother
White  

Post Thu, Aug 15 2024, 12:02 am
Trends are not meant to be understood Banging head

Sometimes you can actually get them Cool
Sometimes they're downright nasty Surprised
Sometimes they're comical LOL

But they're always beyond comprehension Can't Believe It

amother
  OP  

Post Thu, Aug 15 2024, 12:05 am
amother Burgundy wrote:
How mothers can put that giant profile picture of him with that long pony tail on their little boys hearts while sending them to learn the aleph beis is beyond me.

And I love designer stuff btw. But that is so outrageous!

Yes yes yes
You said it so well Banging head

amother
Coffee

Post Thu, Aug 15 2024, 12:08 am
There have been a lot of trends that people jump into without really understanding them. Chaval- this is not for yidden! Many designers have low morals, this one particularly is an anti- Semite!!! And don’t even start with moose____. If you don’t know about something, don’t blindly buy it/ use it/ say it/ wear it.

amother
  OP  

Post Thu, Aug 15 2024, 12:22 am
https://I.imgur.com/QqI422X.jpeg

giftedmom

Post Thu, Aug 15 2024, 12:31 am
We all need to use our brains while shopping and not buy something just because a Frum store sells it

amother
Moccasin  

Post Thu, Aug 15 2024, 12:36 am
amother OP wrote:
https://I.imgur.com/QqI422X.jpeg

How a frum mother can dress their precious neshamas like this & use their children to advertise an anti semite, is just beyond me.
Then we wonder why schools have such strict rules. People have no common sense.

amother
Cerulean  

Post Thu, Aug 15 2024, 12:39 am
I personally like Karl Lagerfeld for myself but avoid anything with his face or profile on it. I find it so ugly. Also, the adult clothing end up being a lot cheaper than that because the website is always having sales. (I think he has two lines and one is cheaper.)

amother
Cognac

Post Thu, Aug 15 2024, 12:40 am
amother Moccasin wrote:
How a frum mother can dress their precious neshamas like this & use their children to advertise an anti semite, is just beyond me.
Then we wonder why schools have such strict rules. People have no common sense.

I would guess that the people who bought these tops have no idea that it's an image of KL. They likely thought it's just a random image.

Ignorance is not an excuse though. But the larger question is why would a Jewish store sell this particular item? Are the store owners ignorant too?

Regardless, $99 for that? People have gone totally mad to spend that kind of money for a kids weekday sweater.

amother
  Moccasin  

Post Thu, Aug 15 2024, 12:40 am
amother Cerulean wrote:
I personally like Karl Lagerfeld for myself but avoid anything with his face or profile on it. I find it so ugly. Also, the adult clothing end up being a lot cheaper than that because the website is always having sales. (I think he has two lines and one is cheaper.)

How are you okay with supporting an anti semite? It's astounding how many jews support strong and outspoken anti semites.

amother
  Cerulean  

Post Thu, Aug 15 2024, 12:41 am
There was a frum store selling a sweatshirt that said gentile across the front. I know this particular store doesn’t only cater to frum people but still!

amother
  Cerulean  

Post Thu, Aug 15 2024, 12:41 am
amother Moccasin wrote:
How are you okay with supporting an anti semite? It's astounding how many jews support strong and outspoken anti semites.

I didn’t know he was an anti semite.

amother
  Moccasin  

Post Thu, Aug 15 2024, 12:46 am
amother Cerulean wrote:
I didn’t know he was an anti semite.

The question is if anything will change now that you do know.
Unfortunately, many frum people don't care that they support anti semites, they care more about being in trend & wearing brand names.

amother
  Cerulean  

Post Thu, Aug 15 2024, 12:48 am
amother Moccasin wrote:
The question is if anything will change now that you do know.
Unfortunately, many frum people don't care that they support anti semites, they care more about being in trend & wearing brand names.

I believe most frum people don’t know which designers are anti semites. What about all the people who shop at shein which clearly supports Palestine? What’s their excuse?

amother
  Moccasin  

Post Thu, Aug 15 2024, 12:50 am
amother Cerulean wrote:
I believe most frum people don’t know which designers are anti semites. What about all the people who shop at shein which clearly supports Palestine? What’s their excuse?

I know many frum jews that know which designers are anti semites, yet they don't care. It's horrific. What are we supporting.
Many many people I know stopped shopping shein. There's no excuse for it, regardless of how cheap they are.

amother
Indigo

Post Thu, Aug 15 2024, 12:58 am
amother Moccasin wrote:
I know many frum jews that know which designers are anti semites, yet they don't care. It's horrific. What are we supporting.
Many many people I know stopped shopping shein. There's no excuse for it, regardless of how cheap they are.
I stopped buying on Shein. I now buy in Temu, please let me know if I should stop them too?
Also, I did not know that Karl is an anti semite. I'll stop buying. Thanks for sharing!

Regarding that sweatshirt. It's so ugly! Karl has cute things sometimes, but this top is just gross. Monkey see, monkey do. People buy it just because their friend bought it and not because they liked it.

amother
Sand

Post Thu, Aug 15 2024, 1:00 am
amother OP wrote:
What’s the hype?
I’ve been looking at the new arrivals at some of the Jewish children’s clothing websites.
There’s a little kids Karl sweatshirt, PRICED AT $99, with pic of Karl, signature ponytail, sunglasses and all, and sizes are sold out!
🤮
What am I missing?
Where is the beauty in it?
How to justify that look with that price tag?
I’m horrified.
Now I understand the need for the teleconference from the chassidish boys chadarim.

But why your last sentence? Is this marketed specifically towards the chassidish clientele? Are you saying chassidim dress worse than everyone else?

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, Aug 15 2024, 7:20 am
Just want to throw in that sizes sold out might actually mean they were never stocked.
I'm hoping, at least!
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics