Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Do voucher playgroup mommies tip in boro park?

If you live in BP, do you tip morahs?
Yes  
 93%  [ 29 ]
No  
 6%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 31

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 15 2024, 5:25 pm
I'm a morah and wondering if I'll get tips or its not a thing in bp...

amother
Bone  

Post Thu, Aug 15 2024, 5:32 pm
Im a teacher in voucher daycare. I dont expect parents to tip-I know people are struggling. I become disgusted of this attitude that it became an OBLIGATION to tip- and even hear comments from my workmates that say "only $20??? ,or rather they dont give me donut...

amother
  Bone

Post Thu, Aug 15 2024, 5:33 pm
I always tip for my kids morahs cuz I know how hard they work cuz I also do this for a living...

Amelia Bedelia

Post Thu, Aug 15 2024, 6:45 pm
What does vouchers have to do with anything? Vouchers or not, I think you can expect most parents to tip anywhere from $20-50 at least once a year, Chanukah, Purim, and/or last day of school.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Thu, Aug 15 2024, 9:19 pm
Absolutely! And sending to a vouchers place has nothing to do with tips. You show appreciation because that’s what’s mentchlich to do, regardless if you pay for playgroup or not.

amother
Cadetblue

Post Fri, Aug 16 2024, 1:38 am
I have 6 little kids in daycamp each one has 3 morahs . That's a lot of money to shell out after paying daycamp. I'm no talking Ab t the price I'm paying for sleep away camp....
My husband works very hard but it's a klei kodesh job(not in a school) and many ppl don't think they need to pay for his help. I work all year and take off summer to catch my breath. We can't afford to get away even for a Shabbos .
I wish I can give every one tips but I just can't. During the winter when it's same teacher for ten months I give chanukah and Purim . But in the summer wen the morah changes after 4 weeks ....I just can't afford it.
But that doesn't mean I don't appreciate their hard work. I sit and write 18 thank you cards letting them know that I really appreciate all they did. and btw 18 donuts ain't that cheap either ...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics