Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
At what age does baby come out of infant car seat?
Previous  1  2

amother
  Magnolia  

Post Thu, Aug 15 2024, 11:09 am
amother Diamond wrote:
Not according to the manufacturer I switched my baby out at 17 months, she still had plenty of room more than an inch above her head and under the weight limit. Dont spread misinformation

Most babies are uncomfortable in a doona by the time they reach 8 months, max a year. Regardless of what the manufacturer says. It's very narrow & so sweaty.

amother
  Springgreen

Post Thu, Aug 15 2024, 11:54 am
amother Magnolia wrote:
So far all of my babies are miserable & shrieking in the car from around 6 months old. It's safer for us to put them in a forward facing car seat at about 12-14 months, then to drive with shrieking miserable children that get car sick from rear facing.

It’s really not. Most of the time they need a more upright convertible seat and fan blowing cool air on them. Also half are not buckled correctly and are really uncomfortable because of it. Chest buckle needs to be at armpit level and tightened. I have helped many people problem solve there is always a solution. Risking serious injury in a car accident shouldn’t be your solution.

amother
  Magnolia

Post Thu, Aug 15 2024, 12:26 pm
amother Springgreen wrote:
It’s really not. Most of the time they need a more upright convertible seat and fan blowing cool air on them. Also half are not buckled correctly and are really uncomfortable because of it. Chest buckle needs to be at armpit level and tightened. I have helped many people problem solve there is always a solution. Risking serious injury in a car accident shouldn’t be your solution.

My babies are buckled well in a good convertible car seat. Rear facing makes them nauseous & car sick. They are really miserable & vomit during every trip till I turn them forward facing. It's the only solution & safer then being distracted by crying vomiting children while driving.
Babies getting car sick when rear facing is actually pretty common. Just like older kids & adults may get uncomfortable & nauseous when riding in a car rear facing.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics