Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Karl lagerfeld trend?
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Outerspace

Post Thu, Aug 15 2024, 4:25 am
amother Sand wrote:
But why your last sentence? Is this marketed specifically towards the chassidish clientele? Are you saying chassidim dress worse than everyone else?

I don't think that's what she's saying. Just that the teleconference specifically mentioned karl lagerfeld and that he's an antisemite.

amother
Diamond  

Post Thu, Aug 15 2024, 4:39 am
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wik.....rfeld
He wasn’t so bad. He was a gay fashion designer who worked for Chanel. Read why he was labeled antisemitic. He’s anti Muslim and a compulsive liar.
I wouldn’t get a $99 sweatshirt for a toddler but if people do, good for them. I don’t think the picture is any worse than South Park pictures and no I wouldn’t put my kids in that either.
Sometimes people get things for their kids without realizing what it is. Especially in other countries.
What frum store was carrying this? A store that is owned by frum people and only caters to frum people? Or a store owned by frum people that everyone shops at?

amother
  OP

Post Thu, Aug 15 2024, 7:48 am
amother Sand wrote:
But why your last sentence? Is this marketed specifically towards the chassidish clientele? Are you saying chassidim dress worse than everyone else?

I’m chasidish myself.
I see what the kids are wearing.
Chasidish chedarim organized the teleconference.

amother
  Moccasin

Post Thu, Aug 15 2024, 8:12 am
amother Sand wrote:

Chassidish cheders have recently cracked down on dress codes because some mothers don't have common sense regarding how to dress their torah learning boys.
(I'm chassidish.)

amother
Emerald

Post Thu, Aug 15 2024, 8:15 am
amother Moccasin wrote:
How are you okay with supporting an anti semite? It's astounding how many jews support strong and outspoken anti semites.

What are you basing it on? Would antisemite contribute towards building a synagogue for holocaust survivors? He obviously was a controversial figure, but I don’t think he was outspoken antisemite.
So unless proven otherwise, I won’t cross him out from the list of brands I buy.

tigerwife

Post Thu, Aug 15 2024, 8:25 am
Coco Chanel was a Nazi collaborator and anti Semite.
Karl Lagerfield pretty much hated everyone, not necessarily Jews. You can google a list of some of his outrageous quotes if you feel like having a laugh. I don’t think he’s a person to look up to, but he’s not quite Chanel or Tommy Hilfigur either.

amf

Post Thu, Aug 15 2024, 8:37 am
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
Just want to throw in that sizes sold out might actually mean they were never stocked.
I'm hoping, at least!

Thank you!! What a beautiful post of dlz when it's easier/more satisfying to jump on the bashing bandwagon

amother
Navy  

Post Thu, Aug 15 2024, 8:51 am
amother Coffee wrote:
There have been a lot of trends that people jump into without really understanding them. Chaval- this is not for yidden! Many designers have low morals, this one particularly is an anti- Semite!!! And don’t even start with moose____. If you don’t know about something, don’t blindly buy it/ use it/ say it/ wear it.

Oh my. I never knew that’s what moose —- means. How horrible kids are walking around flaunting this. Ugh. I didn’t buy the brand for my kids just because I refuse to go along with pricey trends just because everyone else is doing it. Now I am appalled at what it means , I imagine many frum ppl don’t. I am even a worldly person , more so than others in my circle. If I didn’t know , …….

etky  

Post Thu, Aug 15 2024, 10:45 am
amother Diamond wrote:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karl_Lagerfeld
He wasn’t so bad. He was a gay fashion designer who worked for Chanel. Read why he was labeled antisemitic. He’s anti Muslim and a compulsive liar.
I wouldn’t get a $99 sweatshirt for a toddler but if people do, good for them. I don’t think the picture is any worse than South Park pictures and no I wouldn’t put my kids in that either.
Sometimes people get things for their kids without realizing what it is. Especially in other countries.
What frum store was carrying this? A store that is owned by frum people and only caters to frum people? Or a store owned by frum people that everyone shops at?

Came on here to say that.
He also worked very closely with Gaby Aghion, the founder of Chloe for many years. Aghion and her husband were Egyptian Jews who emigrated to France after WWII and became leading figures in Parisian intellectual/artistic circles. Lagerfeld basically launched his career at Chloe.
If we're talking about anti-semitic designers, anything he did or said pales in comparison to the likes of Coco Chanel or Hugo Boss who was affiliated with the Nazi party and even designed uniforms for them.

amother
  Navy  

Post Thu, Aug 15 2024, 10:48 am
I’m learning a lot on this thread about different designers , their policies and actions , that I didn’t know about. For ex hugo boss (it’s a popular brand in some frum circles ). If anyone has reputable info on other popular designers , can you share ?

etky

Post Thu, Aug 15 2024, 11:01 am
amother Navy wrote:
I’m learning a lot on this thread about different designers , their policies and actions , that I didn’t know about. For ex hugo boss (it’s a popular brand in some frum circles ). If anyone has reputable info on other popular designers , can you share ?

So the Hugo Boss company was family owned for a long while but nowadays no longer belongs to the Boss family.
Nonetheless, I personally will not allow anything with the name Hugo Boss into the house. It's just a visceral thing with me.
I feel differently about Chanel because it is now Jewish-owned by the Wertheimer brothers who are also supporters of Israel.
If you google the entire story you'll see that history has had its revenge on Coco Chanel Wink

amother
  Navy

Post Thu, Aug 15 2024, 11:02 am
etky wrote:
So the Hugo Boss company was family owned for a long while but nowadays no longer belongs to the Boss family.
Nonetheless, I personally will not allow anything with the name Hugo Boss into the house. It's just a visceral thing with me.
I feel differently about Chanel because it is now Jewish-owned by the Wertheimer brothers who are also supporters of Israel.
If you google the entire story you'll see that history has had its revenge on Coco Chanel Wink

Thank you

amother
  Cerulean

Post Thu, Aug 15 2024, 11:18 am
I appreciate those who are taking the time to educate and not jumping to assume we are knowingly supporting anti semites.

DrMom

Post Thu, Aug 15 2024, 11:53 am
amother OP wrote:
https://I.imgur.com/QqI422X.jpeg

Why would anyone spend $100 on any sweatshirt (let alone one with this design on it) for a little boy?

amother
  White

Post Thu, Aug 15 2024, 12:54 pm
K. I don't get the trend. But he was not davka an anti Semite, although he was a controversial figure. Let's not dilute the term. Neither was Tommy Hilfiger to whichever poster brought his name up. The quote associated with him is an urban legend and myth.

RYK  

Post Thu, Aug 15 2024, 5:24 pm
Thanks so much for this information! I actually really like Karl lagerfeld stuff but never knew the logo is from trans persons face!!! Will def think again before wearing their stuff

amother
Snowflake

Post Thu, Aug 15 2024, 5:52 pm
At least it's not the bunny from pb

amother
Strawberry

Post Thu, Aug 15 2024, 6:09 pm
If chassidish schools made a rule like the yeshivish schools. Polo's only from 7 we wouldn't have this problem. Though I think it would have to be taken a step further only solids and no words. On the other hand I'd feel bad for the poorer kids because their aren't designs in the cheap department stores with polos.

chestnut  

Post Thu, Aug 15 2024, 6:13 pm
amother OP wrote:

Maybe ppl think it's just a man with a cat, not specifically Karl?

TCR

Post Thu, Aug 15 2024, 6:14 pm
amother OP wrote:
Puke
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics