Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Temporary Medical Exemption

amother
OP  

Post Tue, Aug 13 2024, 7:28 pm
Anyone have experience using a Temporary Medical Exemption for preschool vaccination?

Yes, I am the OP of the other thread.

ETA Backstory: LO had reaction to vax. Don't want to vax again. Didn't tell doctor about reaction because I was in shock and dealing with it. Then moved and changed doctors. Don't know if new doc will give TME based on my personal account of what happened to LO.

So my questions are:
How easy/difficult is it to get a TME?
How long do they usually last, specifically for preschool age?
Would a doctor need to witness the reaction to write an exemption?

Thanks in advance.

mommy1000  

Post Tue, Aug 13 2024, 7:42 pm
My kids school didnt accept medical vaccination exemptions. Seems people abuse the system and therefore they gave me a very hard time. My son was/is allegic to dtap vaccine and they still didnt want to accept it. It was a nightmare. Good luck

amother
  OP  

Post Tue, Aug 13 2024, 7:44 pm
mommy1000 wrote:
My kids school didnt accept medical vaccination exemptions. Seems people abuse the system and therefore they gave me a very hard time. My son was/is allegic to dtap vaccine and they still didnt want to accept it. It was a nightmare. Good luck

Wow... Thanks for sharing!! What did you have to do to get him into school, if you don't mind asking?

mommy1000  

Post Tue, Aug 13 2024, 7:55 pm
amother OP wrote:
Wow... Thanks for sharing!! What did you have to do to get him into school, if you don't mind asking?

Being that his reaction was only hives (not anaphylaxic), my dr told me I should just give him the vaccine in order to get him accepted. It was very upsetting, honestly, because who else is a medical exemption for if not such a scenario, but I bit the bullet and gave the vaccine. Bh hes ok 😀

amother
  OP  

Post Tue, Aug 13 2024, 8:04 pm
mommy1000 wrote:
Being that his reaction was only hives (not anaphylaxic), my dr told me I should just give him the vaccine in order to get him accepted. It was very upsetting, honestly, because who else is a medical exemption for if not such a scenario, but I bit the bullet and gave the vaccine. Bh hes ok 😀

That's so messed up. BH glad to hear your son is ok!!

mommy1000

Post Tue, Aug 13 2024, 8:06 pm
amother OP wrote:
That's so messed up. BH glad to hear your son is ok!!

Completely messed up! But I literally didnt have a choice. Otherwise he wouldve been out of a school. I hope you have a better experience than I did. 😀

amother
  OP

Post Tue, Aug 13 2024, 8:11 pm
Amen! Thanks
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics