Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Torah videos for pre-teens

amother
OP  

Post Tue, Aug 13 2024, 7:02 pm
Looking for good Torah videos for my pre-teen. She isn't really feeling connected, has asked to drop her level of observance in one area. She is miserable in school. I am really looking for ways to help her connect and be interested.

I am looking for videos to watch (not just watch a speaker, one with actual visual content). She is a very creative person and has ADHD, and she connects best to media content. Nothing that is audio only, it just doesn't hold her attention, no matter how engaging it might be to others. Really just videos. It doesn't specifically have to be inspirational or anything, and nothing graphic (no Holocaust, October 7th, etc). Just Torah or halacha or something else engaging to watch (not just stories though), but videos that aren't for little kids (I miss the days when the Marvelous Middos Machine was enough!). Videos that are still stimulating for a kid this age who has spent their whole lives in a Jewish environment and Jewish schools.

English and/or Hebrew are both fine. We are dati torani, living in Israel (I guess sort of the equivalent of right wing modern orthodox), but we are open to videos from across the orthodox spectrum if there is something to recommend from a different part of the spectrum (more frum, more modern, as long as it is orthodox). She is so young and I don't want her to stray from religion just because she never really connected to it.

Thank you.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Aug 13 2024, 7:20 pm
Video on hashgacha pratis- not just stories, inspiring lessons?

Coffee beanz

Post Tue, Aug 13 2024, 7:23 pm
I'm not sure if alef beta is good because she may be too young bit worth checking out

amother
Peony

Post Tue, Aug 13 2024, 7:27 pm
Not movies, but fun ways to learn Torah concepts:

1. My teens love the rabbi itchy kadoozie show on Chabad dot org
It looks like it’s made for kids but the nuances and humor is high level so my teens appreciate it.
Same creator (rabbi Dovid Taub) now makes the parsha rabbit hole. It’s geared for adults, but my younger kids (under 10) like it too.

I think creative adhd ppl appreciate his style.

Yoel gold videos are shown at my kids middle school and it seems to be very popular.

I’m sure there are more. But this is a good start to explore.

Hatzlacha!

amother
  OP

Post Tue, Aug 13 2024, 8:13 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Video on hashgacha pratis- not just stories, inspiring lessons?

Sure, if you have a good one to recommend, thanks!

And thanks to the rest for your ideas, I will check them out.

More ideas welcome Smile
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children