Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
When kids aren’t so interested in good middos etc

amother
OP  

Post Mon, Aug 12 2024, 4:43 pm
I noticed that something bothers me- my kids would want to watch a tisha bav kids video all about good middos but the next minute literally or even while they are watching they will have no problem punching each other in the face and fighting non stop. It’s like they don’t understand the obvious message.

Also they don’t really show much in the way of davening for Eretz Yisroel with kavanah. I talk about moshiach and geulah all the time, we have family in EY, I am constantly davening for the hostages soldiers and am Yisrael but they don’t really care to say tehillim.

Ages 7 and 10

I’m assuming this is normal kid stuff right?

amother
Eggplant

Post Mon, Aug 12 2024, 4:53 pm
amother OP wrote:
I noticed that something bothers me- my kids would want to watch a tisha bav kids video all about good middos but the next minute literally or even while they are watching they will have no problem punching each other in the face and fighting non stop. It’s like they don’t understand the obvious message.

Also they don’t really show much in the way of davening for Eretz Yisroel with kavanah. I talk about moshiach and geulah all the time, we have family in EY, I am constantly davening for the hostages soldiers and am Yisrael but they don’t really care to say tehillim.

Ages 7 and 10

I’m assuming this is normal kid stuff right?

Very normal. Many kids have a hard time davening and applying things to them as well. But sibling rivalry is normal:(

amother
Leaf

Post Mon, Aug 12 2024, 4:57 pm
They are normal this is all age appropriate. They are learning to control their emotions and impulses. We need to have realistic expectations of children. If we show them that we are always disappointed in them they will forever hear that tiny voice saying you will never be good enough.

amother
Yellow

Post Mon, Aug 12 2024, 4:58 pm
They are kids. Cut them some slack.

amother
Petunia

Post Mon, Aug 12 2024, 5:10 pm
The messages kids is absorb tend to come out in the late teen and adult years. That's when they show their parents values.

Let them be children now. That's their job. Please don't make them guilty for not being able to control their impulses just like all children

amother
  OP

Post Mon, Aug 12 2024, 5:20 pm
Don’t worry I did not make them feel guilty or comment at all

I asked here bec I had a feeling it was normal behavior for young kids but wanted to double check
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics