Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Free BP center event vent

meeze  

Post Sun, Aug 11 2024, 4:44 pm
If anyone wants to know if people are in the county (BP), pls come to the BP center event today by 49 and 10th.
There were literally 3000 people there, plus the double carriage. Oh my! I couldn't move. You needed to wait 3 hrs on line to get a ride on the horse and buggy.

Anything free plus on sunday is MISHIGUIM HOZE!

END OF VENT

ladYdI

Post Sun, Aug 11 2024, 4:45 pm
Is it still worth to go now?

meeze  

Post Sun, Aug 11 2024, 4:49 pm
ladYdI wrote:
Is it still worth to go now?

Absolutely not! Only if you like being a sardine around people who are shvitzing with no shower!

hodeez

Post Sun, Aug 11 2024, 4:50 pm
I drove by with the kids and kept on driving. It was nuts

meeze  

Post Sun, Aug 11 2024, 4:55 pm
I would love to hear if anyone's experience was different

Kumphort

Post Sun, Aug 11 2024, 6:05 pm
Would u really expect a free event to be any different? Especially today being the 9 days families are more limited on what they are doing regarding big trips etc.

Is it any different when they do these things chol hamoed?

meeze

Post Sun, Aug 11 2024, 7:59 pm
Kumphort wrote:
Would u really expect a free event to be any different? Especially today being the 9 days families are more limited on what they are doing regarding big trips etc.

Is it any different when they do these things chol hamoed?

Yes. Today was officially visiting day. So I would assume much a lesser crowd

cholenteater

Post Sun, Aug 11 2024, 8:24 pm
We had a wonderful time!! We started by the petting zoo. Then husband waited with the kids for the horse and buggy for a half hr while I waited on the snack and the regular balloon lines. Kids loved the petting zoo so much that they went back to it after the buggy. Yes, they ran out of ices so we didn't get the free ices but overall was wonderful! We went approximately at 11:45, finished around 1:30 or so. The second time to the petting zoo was definitely more crowded. We were so appreciative of a free event especially during the 9 days! One kid kvetched and I told him he can wait in the car that was parked right in view (a big kid) or put a smile on and enjoy shmoozing and spending time together. It was completely a fair choice, had books and drinks in the car etc. He chose to stay and when we were leaving he even said it turned out to be more fun than he had thought it was and he was happy he joined the fun!
These free things are always crazy, it's all about perspective. I've gone to free events and left right away, if I/kids can't handle there is no point in staying. Just because something is free doesn't mean we need to go
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics