Ami summer fiction contest
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

chestnut  

Post Sat, Aug 03 2024, 11:46 pm
What about this week's story?

amother
DarkRed

Post Sat, Aug 03 2024, 11:52 pm
thank you for posting this! I wanted to vote for that bosch story last week and completely forgot. it was incredible !

amother
Bergamot

Post Sat, Aug 03 2024, 11:57 pm
amother Daylily wrote:
Not every story needs a message it was clever with a nice unexpected twist at the end and well written.

I thought the twist was very expected. As soon as she said that she unloaded every night on the neighbor, I was like I don't care how caring this neighbor is, that's a huge downer to dive into every night, what's in it for her? Why isn't she insisting that she gets to run the conversation every now and then? Why is she up for this heavy drama night after night, it's exhausting. I totally suspected the ending.

amother
  OP

Post Sun, Aug 04 2024, 4:01 am
chestnut wrote:

Eh

amother
  Daylily

Post Sun, Aug 04 2024, 4:04 am
chestnut wrote:

Didnt care for it

amother
Firebrick  

Post Thu, Aug 08 2024, 6:18 pm
amother Daylily wrote:
Didnt care for it

I didnt understand it. was the brother sick and died?

Amelia Bedelia  

Post Sat, Aug 10 2024, 8:51 pm
amother Poppy wrote:
I dint understand the neighbor 1 who was he?

Did anyone see the response to the letter this week explaining the story? Did anyone interpret the story that week? I thought the mysterious neighbor was the arsonist...

Amelia Bedelia  

Post Sat, Aug 10 2024, 8:51 pm
amother Firebrick wrote:

Can you give a recap?

Oh... Nm, that was this week's story. You quoted the comment about last week's .

What was last week's?

Last edited by Amelia Bedelia on Sat, Aug 10 2024, 9:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

chestnut  

Post Sat, Aug 10 2024, 8:57 pm
amother Firebrick wrote:

That's how I understood it

chestnut  

Post Sat, Aug 10 2024, 8:57 pm
Amelia Bedelia wrote:
Did anyone see the response to the letter this week explaining the story? Did anyone interpret the story that week? I thought the mysterious neighbor was the arsonist...

What is the letter saying?

amother
Molasses

Post Sat, Aug 10 2024, 8:58 pm
If he was sick was he home all this time?
No hospital?

chestnut  

Post Sat, Aug 10 2024, 9:00 pm
amother Molasses wrote:
If he was sick was he home all this time?
No hospital?

There was no mention of hospitals

amother
Phlox

Post Sat, Aug 10 2024, 9:03 pm
Really didn't like this week's story. Felt it was written poorly and hard to understand. I understood it as the brother was sick and died.

momX4

Post Sat, Aug 10 2024, 9:05 pm
amother Phlox wrote:
Really didn't like this week's story. Felt it was written poorly and hard to understand. I understood it as the brother was sick and died.

I agree. It was badly written. I'm surprised it was printed.

Coffee Addict

Post Sat, Aug 10 2024, 9:07 pm
The bosh machine story was amazing! I felt pulled in the story completely. I was so happy with the end. Very well written!

Amelia Bedelia  

Post Sat, Aug 10 2024, 9:09 pm
chestnut wrote:
What is the letter saying?

The letter writer was saying how she didn't understand the story and the people she discussed it with didn't either understand it.
The response was
Editor's reply:
The suspicious neighbor was a federal agent who was trying to protect the nice family who were in witness protection. That's why he was constantly outside and watching the street, and that's also why he purposely fell off the skateboard so he could tag and track the suspicious car. in the end he saved the family from an arson attack and moved them to a different neighborhood

chestnut  

Post Sat, Aug 10 2024, 9:13 pm
Amelia Bedelia wrote:
The letter writer was saying how she didn't understand the story and the people she discussed it with didn't either understand it.
The response was
Editor's reply:
The suspicious neighbor was a federal agent who was trying to protect the nice family who were in witness protection. That's why he was constantly outside and watching the street, and that's also why he purposely fell off the skateboard so he could tag and track the suspicious car. in the end he saved the family from an arson attack and moved them to a different neighborhood

Thank you.

chestnut  

Post Sat, Aug 10 2024, 9:14 pm
amother Phlox wrote:

Why was it hard to understand?

Amelia Bedelia  

Post Sat, Aug 10 2024, 9:24 pm
chestnut wrote:
Thank you.

I feel like if the story needed to be explained this way, then it was missing some information.
Why would I think the mysterious neighbor was a federal agent and that the other neighbors were in witness protection?

qwerty4  

Post Sat, Aug 10 2024, 9:24 pm
Amelia Bedelia wrote:
The response was
Editor's reply:

I don't think there was anything in the story that pointed us in this direction.
I reread it after I read this letter and I still don't get it.
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room