Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational
ISO stories about being kind to others

Gee  

Post Thu, Aug 08 2024, 12:04 am
Looking for short stories that could be shared with an elementary class about being kind to others, sensitivity, defending someone who is being hurt or power of beleiving in someone...

I've found a few story collections but can't seem to find stories that really hit the right note.

Any good stories could link to?

Or maybe good websites that have collections of stories?

Thx

Gee  

Post Thu, Aug 08 2024, 6:21 pm
Bumping if anyone has any links that cld share.

When I used to teach I had binders and binders of these types of materials and related poems or graphics but I gave them away and looking for something now that I could use.

I tried chinuch.org but it's hard for me to search there.

Any leads would be great.

TiA

ddmom  

Post Thu, Aug 08 2024, 6:38 pm
"Making hashem proud" by chaviva khron pfeiffer

ddmom

Post Thu, Aug 08 2024, 6:41 pm
Get the old olameinus

amother
Chambray

Post Thu, Aug 08 2024, 7:09 pm
The below is a bunch of prepackaged kiruv curricula on different topics, which include inspirational stories along with sources. If you poke through some of the ones on relevant topics, you will find stories.

https://nleresources.com/nle-m.....sses/

Also, on sensitivity, one example that comes to mind is Bikkurim, mishnah 3:7. Originally, the process of bringing bikkurim was set up so that people who knew the bikkurim declaration recited it themselves, and those who were unable to recite would repeat after a reader. This was embarrassing for the latter group and some of them began to refrain from bringing bikkurim altogether. Chazal noticed and decreed that the declaration would be read to EVERYONE and EVERYONE would repeat, so nobody would be able to tell the difference between those who knew it and those who didn't. Maybe I'm just a weirdo, but I find this so touching and beautiful.

Gee  

Post Fri, Aug 09 2024, 1:20 am
Thank you all!!

amother
Dahlia

Post Fri, Aug 09 2024, 1:43 am
I just heard a beautiful story from R Meilech Biderman about a young man who came to the grandson of R Vosner for a test for Semicha. R Vosner was so impressed with the breadth of the man's knowledge that he called the father to try and hear more about this young man. The father told him this story:
As a boy he was always at the lower end of average. One day, in 8th or 9th grade a boy in his class who stuttered terribly was called up for an aliyah and because of his stutter, the whole yeshiva was laughing. This young man went up to the gabbai and asked for hagbah which he proceeded to do -backwards. Again the whole yeshiva was laughing. When the RY heard about this he questioned the boy and when the boy admitted to doing it on purpose he was thrown out of yeshiva. Shortly after the RY had a change of heart and questioned him more closely. The boy told him that he deliberately made a joke out of himself in order the Yeshiva should forget about the other boy who was really embarrassed. The RY told him that because he did it leshma he could come back to Yeshiva.
The father concluded his story by saying: Since that day his son never forgot anything that he learned.

Gee

Post Fri, Aug 09 2024, 7:27 am
It's truly a beautiful story
Thank you

amother
Lemonchiffon

Post Fri, Aug 09 2024, 11:13 am
Mindy Shapiro wrote a book with true stories about kindness.

Thinking of You
True Stories of Kindness, Sensitivity, and Devotion
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational