51%  [ 78 ]
Low  
 25%  [ 39 ]
Almost Non-Existent  
 6%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 151

Cheiny

Post Thu, Aug 08 2024, 1:18 pm
Please explain, and are you aware of where your self esteem or lack of it emanates from?

#Happymom

Post Thu, Aug 08 2024, 2:03 pm
It's a gift from Hashem! I didn't do anything, He gave it to me

Motherhood

Post Thu, Aug 08 2024, 2:45 pm
I vote medium/rare
Whenever I see myself backing away from doing something I want, I look inside and see it’s my lack of self confidence.
In general, though, I don’t give off that feeling

ETA I might explain more if it was anon enabled

Goody2shoes

Post Thu, Aug 08 2024, 2:54 pm
Ranging from medium to high for me.

I find it so amazing to see how far I've come. I always had a very healthy amount of self confidence but my home life caused me to suppress it out of fear of the punishment that I knew would follow if I didn't toe the line. Took me a long time and loads of hard work to be able to be myself again. I'm still a work in progress but BH, Today I'm mostly happy and comfortable with myself.

sunshine23

Post Thu, Aug 08 2024, 5:54 pm
My mother gave me my self esteem. Unfortunately now it's clear she is borderline and the same person who had such a positive impact is now having the opposite effect. I am bH successful at my job and with my friends and I know it's bc my mom told me I can do anything, I am pretty, I am amazing over and over and over

Ravenclaw

Post Thu, Aug 08 2024, 6:29 pm
I truly love myself. I often feel random surges of gratitude that I get to be ME of all people.

But it didn’t come easy. I used to have extremely low self worth. Lots of therapy, lots of inner work, lots of facing myself and growth to get here.

esther11

Post Thu, Aug 08 2024, 7:18 pm
I’m between medium and high. A lot of it is a natural inborn personality thing, I don’t think I can take credit. It helps that im not anxious by personality, so I don’t worry about social anxiety.

weasley

Post Thu, Aug 08 2024, 7:37 pm
Around 4 years ago I would have said a solid very very low. Now bh with alot of work on myself I would say im a medium.
Not a day goes by where I don't take for granted the gift of feeling good about yourself. Bh.

b.chadash

Post Thu, Aug 08 2024, 7:40 pm
You would get more responses if this was in an anon-enabled forum.

lavendar310

Post Thu, Aug 08 2024, 8:10 pm
Not sure if this counts but I'm super secure with what I wear/do. I live in an extrememy affluent community and wear non brand name, dont buy ridiculous things for my kids to wear etc. But I don't have confidence always to take on challenges though which is something I wish I could change about myself

jerusalem90

Post Fri, Aug 09 2024, 2:38 am
I voted medium..if medium + were an option I would have chosen that.

I instinctively feel like I can do most things better than most people, so that's pretty high.

But other people tend to count me out and underestimate me, and what I'm NOT good at is selling myself and convincing others that I can, so this one point is bringing me down. I wish someone could teach me how to be better at "selling myself". It happens all the time that people say "oh, you can't do that!", then I do it and they say "wow! I can't believe you did that!" But that only works in cases when I can go do something all by myself, and it isn't dependent on someone "giving me a chance", because almost no one has ever given me a chance.

Tamari

Post Fri, Aug 09 2024, 9:36 am
I would say my self esteem is pretty healthy, as in I value and appreciate my worth as a human being, and I don't rely on external validation to confirm that truth.
I see self confidence more as having faith and trust in one's abilities and judgement. I do have a good measure of that, in that I believe I am a capable person overall and that I can stay strong in the face of adversity. However, I am currently working on identifying my strengths, and being able to use them to live a more meaningful life.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics