Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Plus Size Fashion- Safe Haven
Self conscious

amother
OP  

Post Mon, Sep 09 2024, 3:14 pm
I don’t think I look good in dresses. I like how I can cover up more in tops and skirts. But I feel like everyone is only wearing dresses on shabbos and I stand out even more not wearing them. I already feel so self conscious that I’m the fattest in the room. Should I wear what’s in style or what makes me look a few inches less fat? I just feel so gross any time I go to anything on shabbos. Anyone have tips?

amother
Nutmeg

Post Mon, Sep 09 2024, 3:26 pm
You have to find a good dress, in a good fabric, that fits your size and shape without being too tight or too loose. If you can afford it, you should go to a dressmaker and get your dresses fitted properly.

Also, to get your clothes to look right, what's underneath matters. A good smoothing tank top, slip shorts or chemise layered under your dress can make the dress look more structured and modest.

And a good bra is essential. Unfortunately, I have over a 90% chance of being right if I tell you that you're not wearing the right size bra - and that's just based on you being a woman. It's even harder to get fitted for bras when you're plus size. But having the wrong size bra is something that subtly messes with your confidence, especially if you don't question it.

amother
  OP  

Post Mon, Sep 09 2024, 3:33 pm
Actually just got a new one because I realized that’s a big issue. I still don’t like my hips and stomach. I feel almost every style dress makes them look bigger. Anyone have links to dresses that make don’t make every curve and bulge stand out even more.

amother
Peru  

Post Mon, Sep 09 2024, 3:46 pm
I've found the new style of a-line satin dresses with cardigans to look great.
There is no waist so it smooths and the cardigan is just cropped enough not to empathize your behind.
I got a really nice one in My Dream Dress this week.

amother
  OP

Post Mon, Sep 09 2024, 3:47 pm
Haven’t seen that yet. Anyone has online links?

amother
  Peru

Post Mon, Sep 09 2024, 5:39 pm
amother OP wrote:
Haven’t seen that yet. Anyone has online links?

https://junees.com/products/co.....66819 doesn't have the best fit, the one I got was way nicer
I got this cardigen with it
https://junees.com/products/mo.....55523
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Plus Size Fashion- Safe Haven