Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Bsm monsey girl schools allow mothers to drive?

noidea

Post Tue, Aug 06 2024, 2:01 am
Looking into the school but hearing conflicting reports about whether mothers are allowed to drive. We are relatively simple chasidish (not extremely we do go away every summer but not 3x a year type) but I do drive so wondering if anyone currently sends there and can clarify for me ?
Thanks!

amother
Heather

Post Tue, Aug 06 2024, 6:58 am
Most mothers there drive.
Supposedly in the last 3 years they made this new rule about driving, but it depends on some factors.

amother
Pumpkin  

Post Tue, Aug 06 2024, 12:44 pm
They won't accept you if you drive. No matter what. Don't bother applying unless you want to give up driving.

amother
  Pumpkin  

Post Tue, Aug 06 2024, 12:46 pm
It doesn't depend on any factors. They won't take new families if the mother drives. They made this rule close to ten years ago.

amother
Mocha

Post Tue, Aug 06 2024, 12:53 pm
I think you should try. If you check off other boxes, they may take you.
Or you can apply, get accepted and then start driving. It's a risk but why not.
Sanz school in Monsey may be a better option for you, but be prepared to come with a money offer.
Hugs

amother
Whitesmoke  

Post Tue, Aug 06 2024, 1:37 pm
amother Heather wrote:
Most mothers there drive.
Supposedly in the last 3 years they made this new rule about driving, but it depends on some factors.

Most mothers there do not drive. The rule is at least 10 years old. They only allow driving, if you come from an old time Monsey family who's women drive.
They will not accept if you come from the city & drive or if you belong to a sect that does not allow driving & you want to send there because you want to drive. They are very picky with whom they accept.

amother
  Whitesmoke

Post Tue, Aug 06 2024, 1:37 pm
amother Mocha wrote:
I think you should try. If you check off other boxes, they may take you.
Or you can apply, get accepted and then start driving. It's a risk but why not.
Sanz school in Monsey may be a better option for you, but be prepared to come with a money offer.
Hugs

Sanz school does not allow driving.

amother
  Pumpkin

Post Wed, Aug 07 2024, 2:25 pm
There is no ten year rule or old time Monsey exceptions. They're very strict about the driving rule. You can start driving secretly later on, just like any other Chassidish school but they will kick you out if they find out.

amother
Honey

Post Fri, Aug 09 2024, 5:21 pm
BTW, we had offered a LOT of money to Sanz school in order to get in, but it didn't help they wouldn't even give us an application

amother
Cinnamon

Post Fri, Aug 09 2024, 5:25 pm
This thread really breaks my heart 💔
What does driving have anything to do with being frum?! I can’t take it anymore!
Signed by a litvish lady who grew up in monsey seeing chassidish women walking on almost highways, shlepping and shlepping and shnoring rides. Enough is enough!!! You can’t allow this to continue! It’s just a way for them men to control you!

amother
Cognac

Post Fri, Aug 09 2024, 5:26 pm
School: 'we only accept families where the mothers and kids are chauffeured around town by Mexicans and shvartzes '
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics