Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Obgyn
Previous  1  2

amother
  Vermilion  

Post Tue, Aug 06 2024, 9:41 am
amother Pearl wrote:
My close friend gave birth in NYU Brooklyn, and had a terrible experience. They missed a really important detail and she had to have an emergency c-section…her doula said she has had bad experiences there and would not recommend it at all.

Oh wow so I wasn’t the only one with a bad experience. I’m sorry your friend went through that.

They also missed my empty epidural bag, so I felt the pain and they kept saying nonsense you have an epidural
Yet it was empty aka no actual pain relief

amother
  Vermilion

Post Tue, Aug 06 2024, 9:44 am
tweety1 wrote:
When I was pregnant with dc I had a worker in my house. Somehow hospitals came up in the discussion. He told me that his wife recently gave birth in NYU Brooklyn. So I asked him how the experience from his perspective is because I'm terrified I'm about to give birth there very soon. He could not stop talking about the place.
Personally, I think the rumor is because the hospital used to be Lutheran. Lutheran was a disaster! Now, NYU took over that hospital. NYU Manhattan is a fantastic hospital. They expect the same standard of the NYU brooklyn location as they do of the Manhattan. (I was in both already).
You know the term our kids use "everybody" and "nobody" I think the same idea is here. "You have been told" who are those people? Every hospital people will have both negative and positive experiences. But for the most part, people who actually gave birth in the brooklyn NYU were extremely happy.

My story with NYU Lutheran is my own experience with them. I still have trauma from that birth and I’m now pregnant again.

Bh living in Lakewood now and using TRU midwives. They also have a birthing center which I might use if I’m eligible since I want a completely positive experience this time
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries