Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Obgyn
1  2  Next

amother
OP  

Post Mon, Aug 05 2024, 2:28 pm
Hi,

My obgyn's practice is closing. I'm desperately looking for a new highly recommended doctor that has an office in brooklyn. I don't mind if delivery hospital is in Manhattan or methodist but not maimonides.

Thank you in advance!

amother
Snapdragon  

Post Mon, Aug 05 2024, 2:32 pm
Dr. Tracey Grossman in Methodist she also works at Cornell.

tweety1  

Post Mon, Aug 05 2024, 3:12 pm
Dr. Mosses at Ezra. Delivering in NYU Brooklyn. I only have the best things to say on him.
Op, I'm just curious , which ob/gyn is closing down?

amother
  OP

Post Mon, Aug 05 2024, 3:18 pm
Thank you! I'll look into both names. I'm just wondering is nyu brooklyn considered a good hospital to deliver? I've always been told that in Brooklyn the only decent hospital is Methodist for delivery but I'm wondering if that has changed.

amother
  Snapdragon  

Post Mon, Aug 05 2024, 3:23 pm
amother OP wrote:
Thank you! I'll look into both names. I'm just wondering is nyu brooklyn considered a good hospital to deliver? I've always been told that in Brooklyn the only decent hospital is Methodist for delivery but I'm wondering if that has changed.
I heard no. I was there and had a terrible experience. (Not pregnancy related)

bsy

Post Mon, Aug 05 2024, 6:57 pm
amother OP wrote:

I like that hospital. Had 2 babies there and an unrelated surgery there too. Was happy all three times.

tweety1  

Post Mon, Aug 05 2024, 8:15 pm
bsy wrote:
I like that hospital. Had 2 babies there and an unrelated surgery there too. Was happy all three times.

I had a fantastic experience there 3 times. I was in the er with my mother elderly and not well. My mother couldn't stop raving about them. They were so thorough and efficient. From when hatzalah was called till we arrived back home was less than 2 1/2 hours.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Mon, Aug 05 2024, 8:20 pm
Which Brooklyn OB practice is closing?

tweety1  

Post Mon, Aug 05 2024, 8:26 pm
amother OP wrote:

When I was pregnant with dc I had a worker in my house. Somehow hospitals came up in the discussion. He told me that his wife recently gave birth in NYU Brooklyn. So I asked him how the experience from his perspective is because I'm terrified I'm about to give birth there very soon. He could not stop talking about the place.
Personally, I think the rumor is because the hospital used to be Lutheran. Lutheran was a disaster! Now, NYU took over that hospital. NYU Manhattan is a fantastic hospital. They expect the same standard of the NYU brooklyn location as they do of the Manhattan. (I was in both already).
You know the term our kids use "everybody" and "nobody" I think the same idea is here. "You have been told" who are those people? Every hospital people will have both negative and positive experiences. But for the most part, people who actually gave birth in the brooklyn NYU were extremely happy.

amother
Cadetblue

Post Mon, Aug 05 2024, 9:09 pm
Dr. Alan Berger
delivers in NYU , manhattan
he’s the best!!

amother
Rainbow

Post Mon, Aug 05 2024, 11:52 pm
Premium Health. I’m so happy there. They deliver in Staten Island

amother
Ecru  

Post Tue, Aug 06 2024, 12:21 am
Horrible experience in Methodist, only there because that’s where my dr delivers.

amother
Junglegreen

Post Tue, Aug 06 2024, 12:25 am
amother Ecru wrote:
Horrible experience in Methodist, only there because that’s where my dr delivers.
what's horrible there?

amother
  Ecru

Post Tue, Aug 06 2024, 12:27 am
amother Junglegreen wrote:
what's horrible there?

Nurses were downright nasty and rude

amother
Pearl

Post Tue, Aug 06 2024, 12:50 am
My close friend gave birth in NYU Brooklyn, and had a terrible experience. They missed a really important detail and she had to have an emergency c-section…her doula said she has had bad experiences there and would not recommend it at all.

amother
Eggshell

Post Tue, Aug 06 2024, 12:59 am
Fantastic experience with Dr. Thomas Paone at Methodist 1 (929) 440-9303 and NYU Cityscape all female group +1 (212) 683-3595
(Only switched because of insurance)

tweety1  

Post Tue, Aug 06 2024, 9:08 am
amother Pearl wrote:
My close friend gave birth in NYU Brooklyn, and had a terrible experience. They missed a really important detail and she had to have an emergency c-section…her doula said she has had bad experiences there and would not recommend it at all.

Usually these things have to do with a Dr. Oda delivers there too. I wouldn't touch that group with a 10ft pole.
Dr. Mosses lives minutes away from Staten Island hospital. I asked him why he doesn't deliver there. When he joined ezra he had a choice which hospital to deliver and Staten Island is one hospital he won't step foot into.

amother
  Snapdragon

Post Tue, Aug 06 2024, 9:08 am
amother Eggshell wrote:
Fantastic experience with Dr. Thomas Paone at Methodist 1 (929) 440-9303 and NYU Cityscape all female group +1 (212) 683-3595

I’m using him iyh for delivery as my doc doesn’t do deliveries.

tweety1

Post Tue, Aug 06 2024, 9:11 am
amother Eggshell wrote:

City scape is a very large group. Dr. Ruggiero is amazing but most aren't like her.

amother
Vermilion  

Post Tue, Aug 06 2024, 9:38 am
amother OP wrote:

NYU Lutheran was where I delivered last baby 5 years ago.

My dr was amazing. But the hospital was messed up. The epidural was jammed into my bone giving me pain for weeks. The nurses were mostly rude and didn’t believe me when one leg stayed numb for 24 hours due to epidural. They forced me to stand up and I fell.
They thrn had me transfer on my own to the rollaway bed, I got no help whatsoever, it was very hard to do
I had hip pain since then and when I went to my chiropractor he fixed it (he said it’s a semi dislocated hip joint)

Only 1 nurse the last day was kind.

Also, as of then they had no kosher food. No bikur cholim room either.

I lost a lot of blood, was sick and weak. And starving.
And zero food except for one banana and 2 jellos.

Unless they improved and have kosher food I don’t recommend

ETA: they didn’t pick up my contractions on Doppler even though I told them my contractions are strong but low. and they kept upping the pitocin which made me shiver and go into high temps. Both me and baby had temperature due to this and they decided she must be sent to NICU stat since it might be an infection (which it wasn’t)
Literally they grabbed her off my breasts, it was horrible. She was breathing fine, let the poor kid bond with her mom after a traumatic birth
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries