Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
Do you keep your valuables in your underwear drawer?

Do you keep your valuables in your underwear drawer?
Yes  
 22%  [ 17 ]
No  
 74%  [ 57 ]
Other  
 3%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 77

amother
OP  

Post Mon, Aug 05 2024, 7:43 pm
Most women hide their valuables in their underwear drawer under their underwear. Thieves and burglars always check there first.

If you were doing that until now, find a new hiding place, not in your dresser or nightstand

amother
Currant

Post Mon, Aug 05 2024, 7:45 pm
I wear most of my jewelry. Everything else is in a safe. I have some money in my drawer, but it’s to hide from my children, not robbers.

B'Syata D'Shmya  

Post Mon, Aug 05 2024, 7:48 pm
Other: DONT HAVE VALUABLES IN MY HOME - thieves did you hear me? Nothing here to find. I got nothing...

You remind me of a neighbor who told us all at shul that we should take our money out of the bank and hide it under our mattresses. Sure, I told her, and you know where I live.

Why the poll?

amother
  OP  

Post Mon, Aug 05 2024, 7:52 pm
B'Syata D'Shmya wrote:
Other: DONT HAVE VALUABLES IN MY HOME - thieves did you hear me? Nothing here to find. I got nothing...

You remind me of a neighbor who told us all at shul that we should take our money out of the bank and hide it under our mattresses. Sure, I told her, and you know where I live.

Why the poll?

Fair point. The poll was to show the statistics of how many women do that.
A relative recent had a robbery and it was difficult not to roll my eyes after hearing that it was one of the two places the thieves checked. First they checked under the mattress.
It became a family discussion and most of my relatives admitted to keeping their jewelry/large cash in their underwear drawer

nolacola

Post Mon, Aug 05 2024, 7:53 pm
B'Syata D'Shmya wrote:

Why the poll?

LOL

amother
Amber

Post Mon, Aug 05 2024, 8:17 pm
amother OP wrote:
A relative recent had a robbery and it was difficult not to roll my eyes after hearing that it was one of the two places the thieves checked. First they checked under the mattress.
It became a family discussion and most of my relatives admitted to keeping their jewelry/large cash in their underwear drawer

If this poll means anything then so far most actually don’t keep it in their underwear drawer

amother
Hosta

Post Mon, Aug 05 2024, 8:25 pm
When I had a robbery my underwear drawer was dumped out embarrassed the only thing in there besides underwear were bedika cloths. Our freezer was opened also. We were away for a few days and the house smelled like spoiled meat. I guess people keep money in the freezer.

amother
Phlox

Post Mon, Aug 05 2024, 8:29 pm
amother Hosta wrote:
When I had a robbery my underwear drawer was dumped out embarrassed the only thing in there besides underwear were bedika cloths. Our freezer was opened also. We were away for a few days and the house smelled like spoiled meat. I guess people keep money in the freezer.

I used to hide my jewelry in the freezer when we left for long periods of time. Now I have a secret spot someplace in my bedroom that you can't tell it opens, so I put jewelry there.

amother
  OP  

Post Mon, Aug 05 2024, 8:32 pm
amother Amber wrote:
If this poll means anything then so far most actually don’t keep it in their underwear drawer

Apparently. I guess it’s mostly my family’s favorite spot. Probably learned behavior - my mother did it so I do it, my grandmother did it as well

amother
  OP

Post Mon, Aug 05 2024, 8:33 pm
amother Hosta wrote:

Oh yes! I’ve heard people do that

B'Syata D'Shmya  

Post Mon, Aug 05 2024, 8:34 pm
amother OP wrote:

Trust me, had they not found the valuables in the two places, they would continue looking....and overturn the whole place - they broke in for a reason and wont stop just because their first two places didnt pan out.

amother
Watermelon  

Post Mon, Aug 05 2024, 8:39 pm
My house was once robbed they didn’t take the candlesticks
My mom brought the candlesticks to Boro park to my grandmothers house to be polished and they were stolen it was on the fourth floor in a old building they took her new tv set also they carried the stuff out in pillow cases

amother
  Watermelon

Post Mon, Aug 05 2024, 8:40 pm
My freinds house was robbed they took the entire safe which had five hundred dollers in quarters from washing machines they own in building
S

B'Syata D'Shmya  

Post Mon, Aug 05 2024, 9:21 pm
I'm now considering hiding my underwear under my "valuables" Wink

Bubby6

Post Mon, Aug 05 2024, 9:33 pm
Where is the best place to hide valuables? Between you and me, of course.

B'Syata D'Shmya

Post Mon, Aug 05 2024, 9:43 pm
Bubby6 wrote:
Where is the best place to hide valuables? Between you and me, of course.

In school all day, where they belong....and tucked in bed at night.

amother
Marigold

Post Mon, Aug 05 2024, 9:48 pm
I have a shelf full of shoe boxes and keep in one of them-no way to tell or guess

happy Miriam

Post Mon, Aug 05 2024, 10:26 pm
in a tissue box with some tissues sticking out on top

amother
Turquoise

Post Mon, Aug 05 2024, 11:48 pm
Under a clean towel at the bottom of the dirty laundry basket. Extra points if you have little boy grimy clothes on top.

I learnt this from a friend who had a few break-ins, but the dirty laundry was never touched.

amother
Buttercup

Post Tue, Aug 06 2024, 12:17 am
amother OP wrote:
Most women hide their valuables in their underwear drawer under their underwear. Thieves and burglars always check there first.

If you were doing that until now, find a new hiding place, not in your dresser or nightstand

I came to say this.
"No, why would I, everyone knows to check there first."

My mother does keep her valuables in her underwear drawer though. I never understood why, even as a teen it seemed to me that the first place any thief would look is the underwear drawer.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics