Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Dental hygiene or ultrasound in Israel-training

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 05 2024, 1:36 pm
My DD is interested in making aliyah in the next few years. She is mostly interested in the above 2 fields. I advised her not to train in the US since it will be a bigger pain to transfer her license, get tested, learn Hebrew terminology etc.

She is therefore open to studying in Israel. For both fields, it seems that the primary training site (in Y-m at least) is Hadassah Hospital in conjunction with Hebrew U (Bar Ilan for ultrasound).

Having been to all the above websites, it doesn't seem like something that is commonly done by olim and/or frum girls. In the US, both of these fields are very popular among BY graduates. I'm not really crazy about her getting off the plane and walking into Hebrew U for college the next day.

I guess I am looking for any information about these programs, alternatives for frum girls, etc. I am aware of Machon Tal Nursing School. She really only wants the above 2 jobs, ideally dental hygiene.

Green Tea

Post Mon, Aug 05 2024, 1:45 pm
amother OP wrote:
My DD is interested in making aliyah in the next few years. She is mostly interested in the above 2 fields. I advised her not to train in the US since it will be a bigger pain to transfer her license, get tested, learn Hebrew terminology etc.

She is therefore open to studying in Israel. For both fields, it seems that the primary training site (in Y-m at least) is Hadassah Hospital in conjunction with Hebrew U (Bar Ilan for ultrasound).

Having been to all the above websites, it doesn't seem like something that is commonly done by olim and/or frum girls. In the US, both of these fields are very popular among BY graduates. I'm not really crazy about her getting off the plane and walking into Hebrew U for college the next day.

I guess I am looking for any information about these programs, alternatives for frum girls, etc. I am aware of Machon Tal Nursing School. She really only wants the above 2 jobs, ideally dental hygiene.

If you PM me I can try and help.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics