Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Grant writing

amother
OP  

Post Mon, Aug 05 2024, 8:58 am
I'm looking for suggestions as to how to get started in this field. I have a professional degree and years of experience in another field but I am looking to transition out.

Where can I find more information? How to decide what type of grant-writing to do, is the work mostly freelance or regular employment, what type of income or salary can be expected?

I appreciate all suggestions.

amother
Brass

Post Mon, Aug 05 2024, 9:02 am
I work for a major philanthropic foundation in the States (not a frum one, but the name is all over Israel and the US). When an org has a grant writer on their expenses, it's not a good look for the org. A grant giving institution would rather see a less than stellar application but written by the org's in-house development person, than see an expenditure for outsourcing to a third-party grant writer. More and more orgs are realizing this and in the 10 years I've been in this work, we've noticed less and less grant writers. I'd suggest going to school to become credentialed for a job as a director of development rather than grant writing on it's own.

amother
  OP

Post Mon, Aug 05 2024, 10:23 am
amother Brass wrote:
I work for a major philanthropic foundation in the States (not a frum one, but the name is all over Israel and the US). When an org has a grant writer on their expenses, it's not a good look for the org. A grant giving institution would rather see a less than stellar application but written by the org's in-house development person, than see an expenditure for outsourcing to a third-party grant writer. More and more orgs are realizing this and in the 10 years I've been in this work, we've noticed less and less grant writers. I'd suggest going to school to become credentialed for a job as a director of development rather than grant writing on it's own.

Thank you, this is good information. Does this hold true for other types of organizations, like universities?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics