Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Q regarding my sitter

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 05 2024, 8:55 am
If she gets paid monthly regardless of the days that she doesn't work then that means she gets paid for every day of the month. Correct?
If you decide not to send a day or three or she is out on vacation she still gets paid
She may open on Tisha bav. She wants 75$ per child that wants to come on Tisha Bav.
Isn't she already getting paid for that day technically she would be closed and getting paid but she wants to be open and get an additional amount from all parents that want to send.
Is it correct to ask to be paid twice?

kenz

Post Mon, Aug 05 2024, 9:03 am
Most people who have Tisha B’Av options charge a separate fee for that day. It is a difficult day for them, yet they are doing you a tremendous service. That said, $75 is a bit high - is it a full day? Can you try to negotiate a bit if that will make you feel better? But remember she is probably perfectly content to let you keep your kid home that day.

Notsobusy

Post Mon, Aug 05 2024, 9:04 am
I think it's correct in this case. I'm sure you didn't expect her to work on Tisha Bav, the same way you wouldn't expect her to work on Purim, so this day wasn't included in the original calculations. It's also a much harder day to babysit and of course she would expect to be paid accordingly.

ShishKabob

Post Mon, Aug 05 2024, 9:05 am
amother OP wrote:
If she gets paid monthly regardless of the days that she doesn't work then that means she gets paid for every day of the month. Correct?
If you decide not to send a day or three or she is out on vacation she still gets paid
She may open on Tisha bav. She wants 75$ per child that wants to come on Tisha Bav.
Isn't she already getting paid for that day technically she would be closed and getting paid but she wants to be open and get an additional amount from all parents that want to send.
Is it correct to ask to be paid twice?
It depends on the particulars of the contract. What was included as days covered? and what was excluded from being covered?
If she did not list certain days as being excluded, I hear where you are coming from and Tisha B'av should be included in the monthly deal.

abound

Post Mon, Aug 05 2024, 9:07 am
Yes, fair of her to ask. It is not part of the monthly deal.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics