Previous  1  2  3

hodeez

Post Sun, Aug 04 2024, 7:08 am
Since when does krm take WIC?

amother
  Sage

Post Sun, Aug 04 2024, 7:14 am
singleagain wrote:
If a store wants to be part of WIC program then they need to follow WIC rules. Every store has loss leaders so they just have to take into account that these will be some of those.

If they are not following the rules, they absolutely should be reported.

I worked for a grocery store. I know how complicated this stuff is but you can't be part of the program and then not follow the rules

With ever changing rules & food packaging It's way more likely that the store is correct or they made a mistake then they maliciously disregarded a rule.

happy chick

Post Sun, Aug 04 2024, 7:18 am
If it's a convenient store for you, try speaking to the manager. Tell him what happened (both times) and ask him to clarify why and how to prevent confusion in the future. You don't have to sleep halfway across town because of a little misunderstanding.

amother
  Oak

Post Sun, Aug 04 2024, 7:22 am
happy chick wrote:
If it's a convenient store for you, try speaking to the manager. Tell him what happened (both times) and ask him to clarify why and how to prevent confusion in the future. You don't have to sleep halfway across town because of a little misunderstanding.

The easiest way to prevent in the future is OP to take her phone with her to the store so she can scan the physical products.

I often will see something that matches the list in my benefits but when I scan it for some reason it’s not approved. And for juice I have a very hard time finding approved because it’s not just any brand and it’s specific sizes which are not easy to find

singleagain

Post Sun, Aug 04 2024, 7:23 am
amother Sage wrote:
With ever changing rules & food packaging It's way more likely that the store is correct or they made a mistake then they maliciously disregarded a rule.

The store needs a chance to fix the mistake. If they don't then yes they should be reported

amother
  Blueberry  

Post Sun, Aug 04 2024, 7:31 am
hodeez wrote:

Sorry I thought for sure they do. How come all the kollel families shop there? How do people afford it.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Sun, Aug 04 2024, 7:38 am
amother Blueberry wrote:
Sorry I thought for sure they do. How come all the kollel families shop there? How do people afford it.

Do you have WIC? WIC only covers certain products. The kollel families do the rest of their shopping there, but the few limited WIC products (monthly- few bottles of milk, $25-50 fruits and veggies, 1-2 bags of beans, some cheese, pb, cereal, as bit of whole grains....it's a small fraction of a family's monthly food costs), I'm sure they go to other stores.
Also, WIC is only for children up to age 5 and pregnant or breastfeeding women. What about the family members who don't fit into that category, or kollel families who don't have anyone in that category?

BH Yom Yom

Post Sun, Aug 04 2024, 8:22 am
On my WIC app there’s an option for “I couldn’t buy this” - where you send in the photo of the food including the barcode and the name of the store and the location and WIC will look into it to try to fix it for future purchases. Sometimes things are not marked correctly in the system at the store.

amother
Orchid

Post Sun, Aug 04 2024, 8:53 am
hodeez wrote:

They don't. Maybe the poster that said that got confused with foodstamps.

amother
  Blueberry  

Post Sun, Aug 04 2024, 9:08 am
Amelia Bedelia wrote:
Do you have WIC? WIC only covers certain products. The kollel families do the rest of their shopping there, but the few limited WIC products (monthly- few bottles of milk, $25-50 fruits and veggies, 1-2 bags of beans, some cheese, pb, cereal, as bit of whole grains....it's a small fraction of a family's monthly food costs), I'm sure they go to other stores.
Also, WIC is only for children up to age 5 and pregnant or breastfeeding women. What about the family members who don't fit into that category, or kollel families who don't have anyone in that category?

Yes I have wic. Most families in bp (not to stereotype but coming from my neighborhood/block/area) always have children under the age of 5 unless they are over the age of having children.
I use wic in Yidels and super 13 and tov meod

It makes a very big difference the few bottles of milk cereal bread rice juice etc in my grocery order especially with young children. Formula is a huge expense for those of us that don't nurse. And even for the ones that do both. Formula is a tremendous expense.

amother
Floralwhite  

Post Sun, Sep 01 2024, 5:56 am
I found landaus to be great for wic
I don’t think krm accepts wic
How is bingo for wic shopping?

amother
Linen

Post Sun, Sep 01 2024, 6:09 am
I don’t either take out my phone so I can’t scan the items. However I like to use it in stores that have self checkout so I could see for myself what’s covered through wic and what isn’t.

amother
  Blueberry

Post Sun, Sep 01 2024, 8:26 am
amother Linen wrote:
I don’t either take out my phone so I can’t scan the items. However I like to use it in stores that have self checkout so I could see for myself what’s covered through wic and what isn’t.

Same.
By now I know veggies fruits cereals milk etc are covered. Wish they would cover baby products like pampers wipes a discount something. But bh grateful for what we have

amother
  Clear  

Post Sun, Sep 01 2024, 8:40 am
amother Blueberry wrote:
Same.
By now I know veggies fruits cereals milk etc are covered. Wish they would cover baby products like pampers wipes a discount something. But bh grateful for what we have

I can’t find the paper they gave me, but they have locations. You can pick up diapers for free.

amother
Crocus

Post Sun, Sep 01 2024, 8:57 am
amother Clear wrote:
I can’t find the paper they gave me, but they have locations. You can pick up diapers for free.

What?? Where?

amother
  Clear

Post Sun, Sep 01 2024, 9:40 am
amother Crocus wrote:
What?? Where?

Brooklyn.
But if I recall correctly pickup is in the Bronx.

amother
  Floralwhite

Post Sun, Sep 08 2024, 3:50 pm
Are any frozen fruit or vegetables allowed on wic?

tkren

Post Sun, Sep 08 2024, 3:58 pm
amother Floralwhite wrote:
Are any frozen fruit or vegetables allowed on wic?

Yes but I think it varies by store.. upstate in the summer I got frozen broccoli and cauliflower.. there was frozen strawberries and other fruits allowed..
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics