Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
What type of chinuch are you giving?
Previous  1  2  3  4

amother
  OP  

Post Fri, Aug 02 2024, 11:46 am
amother Lilac wrote:
They don't say it's not tznius to wear white tights. They aren't idiots.
Ok, maybe some individual teachers are lol.
They say that standing out and wearing white in school is not tznius.
I'm not saying I agree with that rule or their definition of tznius, but they are not contradicting themselves.

I wonder if your neighbor was the one who told you that satmar says this. Sounds like her type!

No, that neighbor didn't tell it to me. A different neighbor that has her girls in Satmar said it. They're only allowed to wear navy or black tights to daycamp. The principle said that white, tan, Chambray & grey tights are not tzenuis'dig.
But they must wear white tights on shabbos. It's either tzenuis'dig or not.
This is what's confusing to kids.

amother
  OP  

Post Fri, Aug 02 2024, 11:48 am
amother Springgreen wrote:
She obviously has issues. Really severe issues. Don’t listen to people who don’t seem very healthy.

I don't know if she has issues, but they recently moved frum an ultra chassidish neighborhood & they're just not used to living with all different types of people on the block & neighborhood. People that aren't exposed to other types of jews, cannot fathom a different way of life other then their own.

amother
  Lilac

Post Fri, Aug 02 2024, 12:18 pm
amother OP wrote:
No, that neighbor didn't tell it to me. A different neighbor that has her girls in Satmar said it. They're only allowed to wear navy or black tights to daycamp. The principle said that white, tan, Chambray & grey tights are not tzenuis'dig.

You are misunderstanding because you heard it second or third hand.
Wearing a gown and a layers of heavy makeup is not refined when you are in the supermarket on a Wednesday afternoon. Wearing a gown and heavy makeup is acceptable at your own wedding.

The Satmar schools do not teach that white tights are not tznius. They teach that wearing white tights at the wrong time is not tznius. Again, I don't agree with that definition, but it's very different than saying contradicting statements. They aren't idiots.

amother
  Springgreen  

Post Fri, Aug 02 2024, 12:21 pm
amother OP wrote:
I don't know if she has issues, but they recently moved frum an ultra chassidish neighborhood & they're just not used to living with all different types of people on the block & neighborhood. People that aren't exposed to other types of jews, cannot fathom a different way of life other then their own.

Sure they can. They aren’t missing intelligence. Anyone who goes around talking like this chooses to do it.

amother
Ivory

Post Fri, Aug 02 2024, 12:35 pm
I send to a school that allows socks till 5. For some reason, my 4 year old keeps complaining that socks aren't tzniusdig and hates wearing socks. In day camp (they are allowed to wear short socks till 5), they always put stickers on the newsletter to cover girls knees, or legs wear the socks end... I look at it as someone in the camp having personal issues.... but so strange to me.

behappy2

Post Fri, Aug 02 2024, 12:38 pm
Next time she brings it up tell her "How about we talk about something else"

Just because she brought it up 5 times doesn't give it more credence. It just feels that way.

amother
Orange  

Post Fri, Aug 02 2024, 12:39 pm
amother Chartreuse wrote:
She's probably very chassidish so to her it's akin to your kids making brachos in school but not at home.

No matter how Chassidish you are, one is halacha one one is not.

amother
  Chartreuse

Post Fri, Aug 02 2024, 12:41 pm
amother Orange wrote:
No matter how Chassidish you are, one is halacha one one is not.
I agree with you but we all know chassidish people who think tights from 3 is halacha.

amother
Caramel  

Post Fri, Aug 02 2024, 12:50 pm
amother Whitewash wrote:
Yes, I think she has a point. Having one rule in school and one at home is confusing.
I dont understand it.
I send to schools that have the same religious shita that I do.
I dont understand sending somewhere that its different. Its confusing to the kids.

Our school requires 3 year old to wear tights.
It is the halacha according to our kehillas possum.

At an ot office
A fellow non chasidish client, asked how old my petite 3 yr old daughter was and then proceeded to make a ruckus about her cotton tights.
Lol out loud she was fine with the other little girlie,same age who was tall and broad!!

amother
  Caramel

Post Fri, Aug 02 2024, 12:56 pm
amother Whitewash wrote:
Yes, I think she has a point. Having one rule in school and one at home is confusing.
I dont understand it.
I send to schools that have the same religious shita that I do.
I dont understand sending somewhere that its different. Its confusing to the kids.

I agree with you.

In our kehilla after age 3 the halacha is paskened that a 3 year old needs to wear tights.

Most people don't abide by it.
My daughter in law told me that some of her friends keep it others have a hard time with it.

amother
  OP  

Post Fri, Aug 02 2024, 12:58 pm
amother Lilac wrote:
You are misunderstanding because you heard it second or third hand.
Wearing a gown and a layers of heavy makeup is not refined when you are in the supermarket on a Wednesday afternoon. Wearing a gown and heavy makeup is acceptable at your own wedding.

The Satmar schools do not teach that white tights are not tznius. They teach that wearing white tights at the wrong time is not tznius. Again, I don't agree with that definition, but it's very different than saying contradicting statements. They aren't idiots.

I did not hear it third hand. My neighbor has 5 girls in Satmer & the principle said that only black & navy tights are tzenuis'dig. The principle said that white, tan, Chambray, gray tights are not tzenuis'dig & they're not allowed to wear it in daycamp. The girls are all upset over it.
Especially when the younger grades are allowed to wear colored tights but from 4th grade is only allowed black & navy.
And white or chambrey sneakers is not tzenuis'dig, but the younger grades are allowed to wear white or Chambray sneakers. So it's either tzenuis'dig or not. This type of talk & rules, is confusing to kids.

amother
  OP  

Post Fri, Aug 02 2024, 1:06 pm
behappy2 wrote:
Next time she brings it up tell her "How about we talk about something else"

Just because she brought it up 5 times doesn't give it more credence. It just feels that way.

Her kids go around telling other neighbors that they not tzenuis'dig.....
I don't understand why their moved to our neighborhood, I wonder if they did research on the area before moving here. They think that the yeshivish neighbors are modern.

amother
  Springgreen  

Post Fri, Aug 02 2024, 1:11 pm
amother OP wrote:
I don't understand why their moved to our neighborhood, I wonder if they did research on the area before moving here. They think that the yeshivish neighbors are modern.

Like I said she has issues. Why do you let it bother you?

amother
Carnation

Post Fri, Aug 02 2024, 1:25 pm
When people have brought it up on imamother before I thought it was a joke. What the heck is tznuisdig?? Which sect of yidden says tzenuis? I’m trying to understand. It’s not any havara that I’ve ever heard. It’s not chassidish, litvish, sefardi, Israeli…
The word is tznius

amother
  Springgreen

Post Fri, Aug 02 2024, 1:29 pm
amother Carnation wrote:
When people have brought it up on imamother before I thought it was a joke. What the heck is tznuisdig?? Which sect of yidden says tzenuis? I’m trying to understand. It’s not any havara that I’ve ever heard. It’s not chassidish, litvish, sefardi, Israeli…
The word is tznius

It’s when chassidim think litvish say u instead of ee and don’t realize tznius is pronounced tzneeus.

amother
Stoneblue

Post Fri, Aug 02 2024, 1:44 pm
amother Lilac wrote:
They don't say it's not tznius to wear white tights. They aren't idiots.
Ok, maybe some individual teachers are lol.
They say that standing out and wearing white in school is not tznius.
I'm not saying I agree with that rule or their definition of tznius, but they are not contradicting themselves.

I wonder if your neighbor was the one who told you that satmar says this. Sounds like her type!

But if they didn't make the rule, then lots of girls would wear white tights and they wouldn't stand out and it would be tznius? So the rule makes it standing out.

(Or nobody would wear anyway because it's not socially acceptable - my girls in a Litvish school have no rule against white tights, but it would be considered super nerdy)

amother
  OP

amother Carnation wrote:
The word is tznius

The way it's spelled on my posts, is the way autocorrect spelled it out....

Chayalle  

amother OP wrote:

LOL when I was a young girl, my Chassidish neighbors all wore white tights all the time. To the point that we considered white tights to be "chassidish".
Viznitz, Satmar, etc....
Halacha didn't change, did it?

Chayalle

Post Fri, Aug 02 2024, 1:46 pm
amother OP wrote:

I used to have a neighbor like this in yeshivish neighborhood. He used to knock on everyone's doors to tell them that their daughters aren't tzniusdik enough.
Nu, he had issues. Nebach. So does your neighbor.

amother
  Orange

Post Fri, Aug 02 2024, 2:50 pm
amother Whitewash wrote:
And I disagree. I send to places where my kids wear the same in and out of school. No difference.

So your kids wear Shabbos clothes to school? Or schoom clothes for Shabbos? Or Shabbos clothes in the swimming pool? You don't get that there are different clothes for different situations? You wouldn't wear a parka in the middle of summer. Or pajamas to work. It's not about tznius or chinuchm. It's about having rules for what to where in different situations.
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics