Yes  
 62%  [ 32 ]
No  
 37%  [ 19 ]
Total Votes : 51

amother
OP

Post Fri, Aug 02 2024, 9:01 am
This letter made me realize I subconsciously only shop in groceries with clear price labels

amother
Calendula

Post Fri, Aug 02 2024, 9:07 am
I literally wouldn’t even go into a a store without prices. That’s for people who have more money than sense. I have more sense than money!

Cheiny

Post Fri, Aug 02 2024, 9:10 am
amother OP wrote:
This letter made me realize I subconsciously only shop in groceries with clear price labels

It’s against the law to not post prices. Mention it to the manager/owner of any store that doesn’t.

Amarante

Post Fri, Aug 02 2024, 9:11 am
I can't think of a store I go to which doesn't have prices. Sometimes it can be a bit confusing if a product is moved slightly to know which is the price. Stores also have scanner at the end of each aisle where I can check prices.

So far as I know it is required to have prices for each item and there is a penalty if you are charged more than the marked price.

I don't think there is a correlation between higher priced stores disguising their prices. I often shop for produce at the more expensive market in my area because the qualify of the produce is better and they have a better selection. They all have prices marked.

amother
Orchid

Post Fri, Aug 02 2024, 9:21 am
I shop at deccios sometime they only have one working scanner in the corner of the store
Stop and shop has a scanner at the end of each aisle
I wish amazing savings had a scanner it’s a great store I wish they had one I. Hollywood Florida someone should open one

amother
Topaz

Post Fri, Aug 02 2024, 9:51 am
I bring multiple items to cashier to scan during checkout since prices are non-existent or inaccurate.

amother
Candycane

Post Fri, Aug 02 2024, 10:19 am
I once went to buy a few packs of plastic plates. Of course there were 4 different brands. Probably all from the same manufacturer. It seemed similar in quality. The Spanish worker on the aisles don't no English. They are just their to stock the shelf. I stood on the long line bought all my other groceries. Then found out the prices of each brand. I held up the whole line while I put back the brand I didn't want. I saved more than $2.00 each pack. It was time consuming and most people wouldn't of done it. I'm sure their are other product that I overspend because it's not worth all the effort I would have to put in.

amother
Daphne

Post Fri, Aug 02 2024, 10:27 am
I wish my grocery store had prices. I live OOT and not every item has a price.
However, they do have self-scanners in 3 locations in the store so you can check prices.

To me it's crazy how one brand can be $2 cheaper than the other brand.

stillnewlywed

Post Fri, Aug 02 2024, 10:28 am
Which grocery stores in Lakewood don't have prices?!

Chayalle

Post Fri, Aug 02 2024, 11:21 am
I find it very annoying when the prices are inaccurate.
For example, I remember being in a certain grocery store choosing cocoa. I chose the one that was cheapest, only to find out at checkout that it was actually more expensive and the price on the shelf was wrong.
I sometimes wonder if something like this is against the Halacha that says your stones (for scales) must be accurate....

amother
Stone

Post Fri, Aug 02 2024, 11:22 am
I compare prices always.
Most stores I shop on are marked.
If something isn’t clear I’ll go up to the front desk and ask them to tell me the prices.
Many times there are huge differences between brands

rainbow dash

Post Fri, Aug 02 2024, 11:25 am
I worked in bar kol in israel for 2 years.
We have machines that stick stickers on the product. In the morning, we get a list of products that have changed price and fix those first thing.

yiddishmom

Post Fri, Aug 02 2024, 11:29 am
I sometimes check with their online website/ app as I'm shopping to see which brand is cheapest.

The grocery shelves are not marked clearly at all!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics