Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Kartrite this shabbos

amother
OP  

Post Fri, Jul 26 2024, 4:06 pm
Anyone being this weekend in the kartrite hotel? Just ooc.

SheviL  

Post Mon, Jul 29 2024, 1:25 am
we were there 3 weeks ago.
place had lots of jewish families.
it will prob be like this the whole summer.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Tue, Aug 13 2024, 6:05 pm
We are going this week. Do you have any tips for Shabbos food? Is there an option to buy there? Is there a room they let you eat in? We are coming from out of town and never did this before so any information and tips would be helpful. Thank you

SheviL  

Post Tue, Aug 13 2024, 6:29 pm
when we went we rented the conference room. we split the cost with few other families. we used that room for davening & eating. we took Boosar for the food. they have shabbos pkgs & a kosher kitchen in the hotel for additional price.
not sure what type of room ur taking. u might be able to just eat in ur room or outside by the picnic tables. (we saw few families doing that)

amother
Burntblack

Post Tue, Aug 13 2024, 6:30 pm
SheviL wrote:
when we went we rented the conference room. we split the cost with few other families. we used that room for davening & eating. we took Boosar for the food. they have shabbos pkgs & a kosher kitchen in the hotel for additional price.
not sure what type of room ur taking. u might be able to just eat in ur room or outside by the picnic tables. (we saw few families doing that)

Boosar has a kosher kitchen in the hotel? All summer?

amother
  OP

Post Tue, Aug 13 2024, 6:34 pm
We took a two room corner suite with a patio on the first floor so it didn't have that hotel room claustrophobic feel. And there was a proper dinette area. We took food from mehudar butcher in bp.
A conference room is only worth it if it's for a group.
I'm sure shabbos nachamu will be full of yidden.

up high  

Post Tue, Aug 13 2024, 7:52 pm
I w a need to make reservations at kartrite for this shabbos nachamu, though I wasn't sure if there will be minyan. Whoever is going, please reach out to me via pm, or email me at tizki.lmitzvos@gmail.com.

Thanks

SheviL

Post Tue, Aug 13 2024, 8:00 pm
just FYI there's a minyan like 10 min away. down the block in the Bungalow colony.

up high

Post Tue, Aug 13 2024, 8:01 pm
I'm specifically looking for minyan in the building. Otherwise we wouldn't go

amother
Yellow

Post Tue, Aug 13 2024, 8:02 pm
Just wondering...why would you stay in a Waterpark over shabbos vs renting an airbnb?

amother
Mauve

Post Tue, Aug 13 2024, 8:31 pm
amother Yellow wrote:
Just wondering...why would you stay in a Waterpark over shabbos vs renting an airbnb?

The only reason: we've been searching for the last 2 weeks. Couldn't find any accommodations anywhere between Niagara falls, Poconos, New Hampshire, Vermont. I didn't really want anywhere local upstate, nor can we afford the heimishe shabbos programs, for our size family.

amother
Steel

Post Tue, Aug 13 2024, 8:33 pm
amother Mauve wrote:
The only reason: we've been searching for the last 2 weeks. Couldn't find any accommodations anywhere between Niagara falls, Poconos, New Hampshire, Vermont. I didn't really want anywhere local upstate, nor can we afford the heimishe shabbos programs, for our size family.

Isn’t kartrite local upstate? Where s it?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics