Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Therapist in Lakewood for addiction
Previous  1  2

ahuvasrob  

Post Sun, Jul 28 2024, 4:40 pm
amother Seablue wrote:
What do you mean by this? I know she has a huge waiting list

I'm trying to understand too. I know at least 15 people who went to her and all had an amazing experience. I know many people trying to get in to her and all put on waiting list.

Last edited by ahuvasrob on Sun, Jul 28 2024, 4:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

Cheiny  

Post Sun, Jul 28 2024, 4:46 pm
Delete

Cheiny

Post Sun, Jul 28 2024, 5:04 pm
ahuvasrob wrote:
I'm trying to understand too. I know at least 15 people who went to her and all had an amazing experience. I know many people trying to get in to her and all put on waiting list.

That’s not always proof of anything. Those people may only be going on one person recommending her without having heard all those who had bad experiences.

amother
Gold

Post Sun, Jul 28 2024, 5:10 pm
Cheiny wrote:
That’s not always proof of anything. Those people may only be going on one person recommending her without having heard all those who had bad experiences.

She was recommended to me by multiple people, including my rav and relief. I couldn't wait for her to have an open slot so I went to someone else and I can't give any opinion about her.

ahuvasrob

Post Sun, Jul 28 2024, 5:12 pm
Cheiny wrote:

That's not the case here. All rabbonim I've spoken to, and even other therapists recommended her. R' Elya Brudny also says she is the best

amother
  Seablue

Post Sun, Jul 28 2024, 5:16 pm
The person that posted she had a bad experience never wrote anything concrete to support it . And every therapist I’m sure have a few clients that didn’t click with them

amother
Cornsilk

Post Sun, Jul 28 2024, 8:39 pm
For men with addiction I highly recommend a residential treatment center. Chabad Treatment Center in Los Angeles has decades of experience and results.

A therapist alone is not enough for someone currently addicted to drugs or alcohol. They need a full service program including groups, AA, therapy, trauma work, Psychiatry in many cases, MAT (medication for addiction treatment like naltrexone or vivitrol for alcohol) and a strong peer support network. And a continuum of care like IOP step down etc.

Now the family also needs therapy, al-anon meetings and support.

cnc

Post Sun, Jul 28 2024, 9:32 pm
amother Cornsilk wrote:
For men with addiction I highly recommend a residential treatment center. Chabad Treatment Center in Los Angeles has decades of experience and results.

A therapist alone is not enough for someone currently addicted to drugs or alcohol. They need a full service program including groups, AA, therapy, trauma work, Psychiatry in many cases, MAT (medication for addiction treatment like naltrexone or vivitrol for alcohol) and a strong peer support network. And a continuum of care like IOP step down etc.

Now the family also needs therapy, al-anon meetings and support.

That's a very broad statement which is not necessarily accurate. There are levels of care and the only way to determine what level of care is needed is by comprehensive assessment.

amother
Lemonchiffon

Post Mon, Jul 29 2024, 8:29 am
I used Rachel as the wife of an addict for a couple of years . Specifically relations. She was really great and helped me through some of the darkest parts of my life. She is compassionate and gave me a lot of tools to navigate addiction.
I ended up leaving. because I found that I needed an experienced csat to help me with the real ins and outs of addiction.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries