Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training
Issues with both my 6 yo ds and 3 yo

amother
OP  

Post Sun, Jul 28 2024, 7:13 am
Ds 6 is always leaking. I can’t figure out if it’s behavioral (he’s holding himself in while he’s playing and then he can’t anymore) or he has a physical issue that he can’t hold himself in. He started off fine after he was toilet trained and this started about a year and a half later. The last few months were much better but now it started again.

Ds 3 has been trained since before pesach but he has accidents daily. He simply doesn’t tell us when he needs to go to the bathroom. When I’m around and see him do the dance he always insists he doesn’t need to go but I take him anyway and he goes. But if I miss it or I’m not with him he just makes in his underwear. He only tells us when he needs to poop.

I’m so frustrated. My kids constantly smell and constantly need changing. I’m afraid older ds will be made fun on when boys notice he’s wet and smells.

What should I do? ?

amother
Violet  

Post Sun, Jul 28 2024, 7:16 am
The older one sounds like encopresis. Very common with boys. You need to do a full clean out and then get him to sit on the toilet consistently every day usually after supper. Boys tend to not sit and empty and you need to break that habit and create good ones.

amother
  OP  

Post Sun, Jul 28 2024, 7:20 am
amother Violet wrote:
The older one sounds like encopresis. Very common with boys. You need to do a full clean out and then get him to sit on the toilet consistently every day usually after supper. Boys tend to not sit and empty and you need to break that habit and create good ones.

He goes usually every morning when he wakes up…

amother
Coral

Post Sun, Jul 28 2024, 7:21 am
I second encopresis. Dealt with it took a very very long time but bh we r past it. Until I actually decided to go check it out was a good yr since it started. I had no idea about encopresis wish I known about it and had taken care of it right away. Go to a gi who deals with this.

amother
  Violet

Post Sun, Jul 28 2024, 7:22 am
amother OP wrote:
He goes usually every morning when he wakes up…

It’s confusing because it looks like they are going every day but they aren’t emptying fully.

amother
  OP

Post Sun, Jul 28 2024, 7:30 am
Anyone have a recommendation where to take him in the Lakewood area?

amother
Carnation

Post Sun, Jul 28 2024, 8:13 am
Check if they have pinworms

amother
Nemesia  

Post Sun, Jul 28 2024, 8:15 am
Strep is also connected to accidents

amother
  Nemesia

Post Sun, Jul 28 2024, 8:17 am
Also with 3yo sometimes when kid rejects needing bathroom and I know they do I say something along the lines of “that doll/car is Dovid’s, no one touch it he’s running to the bathroom. The car is waiting for you to get back. No one is touching it” that usually eases their mind

amother
Maroon

Post Mon, Jul 29 2024, 5:27 pm
Dealing with the exact same thing with my 3 yr old as your 3 yr old. It's so frustrating. Multiple wet underwears a day. Whyyyyy?? She knows perfectly well how to go! She just... doesn't.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training