Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Preschool Morahs- what is your pet peeve?
Previous  1  2

amother
Petunia

Post Fri, Jul 26 2024, 2:42 pm
amother Moonstone wrote:
Maybe parents don't realize that they need to let the teachers know of any changes going on at home.
My kids teachers send home a paper with their policies.... and they write that parents should let the teachers know of any changes at home or with the child.

I’m in chinuch as well and wrote teachers notes about goings on at home and little snippets and comments and thank yous. There were some teachers that hung them up and thanked me for taking the time to write and others who scrunched up the papers and let them sit on the cubbies for a week. Well, more kids joined and it was harder to find the time to jot something that went so unappreciated so there went that.

amother
Royalblue  

Post Fri, Jul 26 2024, 2:50 pm
Black encrusted dirt on feet including toenails.
Face and sticky hair not washed for more than a few days.

amother
Papayawhip

Post Fri, Jul 26 2024, 4:09 pm
biggest pet peeve is parents coming in to daycare before we start and coming late at end of the day.... and few don't even apologize...

label all your child's belongings

dont bring your child after breakfast and say your child didnt eat yet...

dont bring your child during naptime if they woke up 10 minutes ago....

amother
Mintcream

Post Fri, Jul 26 2024, 5:34 pm
Don't bring your kids in pajamas! I had a mother who brought clothes for us to change her into, including that she didn't bother changing her daughters diapers before coming in!

amother
  Royalblue

Post Fri, Jul 26 2024, 5:44 pm
Parents sending their kids with dangerous items to make them happy to leave the house in the morning. Please do not show up to my playgroup with balloons, long pointy sticks, or choking hazards.

amother
  OP

Post Fri, Jul 26 2024, 5:46 pm
amother Slateblue wrote:
Oh gosh with every post I'm reminded of more pet peeves...I once had a parent drop off his kid in our class and say "oh by the way he's wearing underwear, he trained himself over the weekend" like WHAAATTT???? that obviously didn't go very well and we just put him in diapers for school. Another mom brought her daughter in after training extensively at home, got her regular at home first. But in school, unfortunately, this girl was constantly having accidents. We spoke to the mom but she just wanted us to keep going. This girl needed to be changed like 4 times a day Sad poor kid.

This. Is. The. Worst.
Like, please ask the teacher when is a good time for her to toilet train, or what the school policy is.
Also, just a point to ponder- teachers work really hard with toilet training. Constantly running to the bathroom, cleaning up accidents, and it's not even their own child..... Some parents bought goodies for the Morahs as a thank you, and it was so appreciated to have the parents acknowledge the hard and dirty work that we do for their kids.

amother
  Moccasin  

Post Fri, Jul 26 2024, 5:52 pm
Another one I just remembered, parents that bring kids in crying and don't say why. When I ask "oh I just took away her paci!"
Either train them not to have it or let them have it in playgroup! Don't have different rules for home and playgroup!!

amother
  Snapdragon

Post Fri, Jul 26 2024, 6:01 pm
When the parents get upset a toy that was brought doesn't come home

amother
  Moccasin  

Post Fri, Jul 26 2024, 6:16 pm
amother Mintcream wrote:
Don't bring your kids in pajamas! I had a mother who brought clothes for us to change her into, including that she didn't bother changing her daughters diapers before coming in!

In 25 years of doing playgroup, I never had such a thing!!

amother
  Moccasin

Post Fri, Jul 26 2024, 6:17 pm
amother Royalblue wrote:
Parents sending their kids with dangerous items to make them happy to leave the house in the morning. Please do not show up to my playgroup with balloons, long pointy sticks, or choking hazards.

Yes this!
Or in the same style: "make sure this comes back intact, it's his brother's!!" LOL

amother
Babypink

Post Sat, Jul 27 2024, 2:31 pm
amother Snapdragon wrote:
Kids putting everything in their mouth

I have kids who put everything in their mouth! It is also a pet peeve at home. Morahs - any advice on what to do about it? I work on it with them, constantly remind them, etc. What can we do about it?

amother
Clover

Post Sat, Jul 27 2024, 3:10 pm
[quote="[url=https://www.imamother.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=7789749#7789749]amother Papayawhip.

dont bring your child during naptime if they woke up 10 minutes ago....[/quote]

This!!!!!
I especially put it in my contract at the beginning of they year that the children sleep between 10.15-11.30. unless your child is ready to sleep please don't bring at that time.
Every. Single. Day. A freshly woken father and toddler would knock on the door at 10.15.
We are in Israel so gan starts at 8. He would wake up all the exhausted babies who come at 8 and need their sleep. I was soo excited for the day they came at 10.20 for the second time and I told him you can't come in, last time I tried it and he woke everyone up. After that they got slightly better. Mother said to keep him in the stroller he might go back to sleep most times he did. I found out after his mother came back from work at 4 and would want a rest so he rested everyday with his mother between 4-6/7 and only went to bed at 12/1 each night.

I had a parent bring a child with red sticky eyes and 20 mins later I realised he had fever. Father fetched him saying I noticed this morning but thought it's coz he just woke up and it will go away. I'm sorry? Every morning he wakes up and you bring him and he doesn't look like this, why when he does do you think it is normal???

If child brings a toy from the house coz 'he is so attached to it I didn't want to make them cry if I took it away'. how do you think he will reach when a different child takes it from their hand? Please don't bring toys, unless I can persuade them to put it in their bag straight away and it fits otherwise they will be miserable trying not to let anyone touch it.

If you are late, call and tell me you are on your way. Don't only when you fetch say ' I'm so sorry x came up and I only finished at finishing time. I was waiting 10 mins with your child making me late to fetch my child. If I would have known it was you fetching not your husband I could have told you to meet me there it's half way.

Send enough diapers each day especially if I keep telling you. If you don't, don't complain to me that often your child comes home wet. I can't magically make diapers appear for your child and only so many times can borrow from other kids.

amother
  Cognac

Post Sat, Jul 27 2024, 9:50 pm
amother Mintcream wrote:

I actually had no problem with kids in PJs. Happens every so often that a kid just refuses to put on clothes and in the morning rush, it's not worth the fight. Clean diaper? Yes please. But PJs? It's fine, I'll change them after they've played for a while

amother
Mintgreen

Post Sat, Jul 27 2024, 10:03 pm
Kids wearing long underwear and sweatsuits every single school day throughout all 4 seasons.
4-year-olds drinking baby bottles.

amother
Yarrow

Post Sat, Jul 27 2024, 10:43 pm
We keep a stash of plastic bags to send projects home in on Fridays. Thise little backpacks are just for show/ a snack.

I think my only real pet peeve is when parents can't be reached by phone when needed during the day.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics