Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
What do you have that people are jealous of?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

amother
  OP  

Post Fri, Jul 26 2024, 10:04 am
amother Smokey wrote:
Honestly no one is jealous of me. My life looks bad on the inside and out lol

Hugs! Then this one is for you to see that there’s no point in being jealous of others. Because everyone has a package.

amother
  OP  

Post Fri, Jul 26 2024, 10:23 am
I’m really benefitting from this from both sides.
Seeing that people struggle in different ways and seeing how on the outside it may seem like they have “it all”

amother
Cherry

Post Fri, Jul 26 2024, 10:27 am
I have beautiful expensive jewelry that people always comment on. No one knows DH bought them for me after each time he cheated

amother
PlumPink

Post Fri, Jul 26 2024, 10:32 am
amother Cherry wrote:
I have beautiful expensive jewelry that people always comment on. No one knows DH bought them for me after each time he cheated

Seriously wow.

Don’t wear them.

amother
  OP  

Post Fri, Jul 26 2024, 10:33 am
amother Cherry wrote:

Feel like that’s straight out of a novel
So sorry 😞

amother
  Banana

Post Fri, Jul 26 2024, 10:36 am
amother Cherry wrote:

Ouch. I wouldn’t wear them. My aunt was married to an emotionally abusive husband who only started caring for her when she was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer. He got her a diamond necklace for the first time since they got married (over 15 years of marriage). She calls it her cancer necklace and couldn’t stand to wear it

amother
Latte

Post Fri, Jul 26 2024, 10:39 am
Such an eye opening thread. I don't know that people are jealous- but I've gotten nice comments from others on my parenting skills Smile and my husband is jealous of my patience! Both are things I've really put effort into.
Ppl don't know that although I'm really truly generally happy, I have anxiety, an on meds, but every so often I have this period of time where I get into a funk of lots of anxiety and it really shakes up our Shalom bayis (thank Gd temporarily). Cuz I get so anxious I can't let my husband go to work/shul etc... It's really hard. But no one would have a clue just from looking at us...

amother
Hydrangea  

Post Fri, Jul 26 2024, 10:40 am
amother Vermilion wrote:
We go to Europe once a year just DH and me, seems great and romantic to all but no one would know what it's like living with a bisexual husband..
How does I show up
Did he tell you
Dh sa8d he is

amother
  Hydrangea  

Post Fri, Jul 26 2024, 10:41 am
amother Smokey wrote:

Same, but ppl think dh is a great husband
Which is hard because truth is he's not

amother
Quince

Post Fri, Jul 26 2024, 10:42 am
Wealthy in-laws

Doesn’t help because dh is too lazy to work because daddy can support him and too broken form his childhood to get up and hustle

amother
  Cinnamon  

Post Fri, Jul 26 2024, 10:47 am
I have something that happened to me when I was a kid. I posted on here about it once already. I was in a toy store with my mother with an overflowing basket of toys. Actually two and I saw a book I wanted. A silly kids book asked my mother if I can have it and she said yes the lady behind us told her it's an inappropriate book.(it was not) Couldn't get it. What the lady saw a spoiled kid getting all kinds of toys giving her a dirty look because she couldn't get one book. What she didn't know all those toys were for my siblings my mother just needed me there because my insurance was paying for the stuff. She got me diagnosed with mental illness. The one and only thing my mother ever told me yes to was that book.

amother
Impatiens  

Post Fri, Jul 26 2024, 11:30 am
[quote="amother Natural"]Money. I also happen to have end stage cancer. No one is willing to trade so far.[/quote

Me too Sad

amother
Stonewash

Post Fri, Jul 26 2024, 11:32 am
amother Cherry wrote:

Oh my Im so sorry.
That is so so painful.

My husband went away with his grandmother when my baby was 5 weeks old and with 2 other kids at home.
I really really was not ok with him going and I said so.

He didnt take off any work for me when I so badly needed.

He brought some beautiful things.
I wore them for a bit and then felt so yucky wearing it.
I crushed the jewlery and other stuff he bought me with my feet into the floor, and got rid of it.
It hurt me so much to wear it .

It was beautiful pieces but I dont miss it for an instant.

amother
Amber

Post Fri, Jul 26 2024, 11:40 am
I have adorable children ka"h; I'm an upbeat and humor-filled person.

My husband suffers from bipolar and extreme OCD. Refusing to medicate after having been to some #$%& doctors.

amother
Moonstone

Post Fri, Jul 26 2024, 11:40 am
I'm jealous of how good my sil looks post birth even though I know she's jealous of me for other things.

amother
Bluebell  

Post Fri, Jul 26 2024, 11:42 am
They might be jealous that both my husband and I are very intelligent and successful. We have prestigious jobs and a great relationship with family members. My husband and I are best friends and always make time time to date and have fun.

They won't be jealous that all our children struggle academically, my husband has health issues that mean we are in debt, and I am suffering from high functioning depression. We are best friends, but he is financially controlling and is also addicted to his phone.

amother
  Bluebell  

Post Fri, Jul 26 2024, 11:46 am
amother Smokey wrote:

I'm so sorry.

I wonder if someone will say the opposite about herself. That there's nothing people wouldn't be jealous of, her life is great inside and out.

lamplighter

Post Fri, Jul 26 2024, 11:57 am
I don't think anyone is jealous of me. Im pretty transparent about my imperfections and challenges in life.

amother
Ivory

Post Fri, Jul 26 2024, 12:03 pm
No idea what anyone could be jealous about. My positive attitude perhaps?
Or is anyone jealous that I'm divorced?

amother
Mayflower

Post Fri, Jul 26 2024, 12:03 pm
When I first read this thread I could not think of ONE thing that anyone would envy about me …

I’m a single mom waiting for a gett, trying to pay off thousands in credit card debt that was left in my name from my marriage, only receiving a fraction of the child support I am supposed to get , I don’t have a car, I live in a basement apartment, my ADHD is crippling me so I’m always always drowning in housework I can’t keep up with and feel so much shame about it I rarely muster the courage to invite company, I’m overweight and overwhelmed, have terrible skin and no fashion sense…

There is a lot of bad about my life that people see… but as I was writing this I realized there’s a lot of good within the bad that I’m grateful for …

I’m a single mom -but I’m the luckiest mom - because my children are incredibly adorable and smart BH

I’m waiting for a gett - but I’m SO happy to not be living with my ex anymore . So happy to be out of such a horrible marriage

I’m trying to pay off debt and don’t have a car - but my family and friends are incredibly supportive emotionally, physically and even financially from time to time . I know so many divorced women who don’t have a relationship with their family of origin and I’m blessed to be very close to mine

I’m receiving only a fraction of child support but many women don’t get any child support at all

I live in a basement apartment but it’s a beautiful bright apartment and the price is right and I have the most amazing neighbors that Invite me for meals and extend their hearts to me regularly

My ADHD is crippling but my neurodivergent brain has its strengths too that I’m grateful for

I don’t have a great body or the prettiest clothes but I people are drawn to my personality and sense of humor and I’m quite lovable ☺️

I also have gone through so much hardship in my life but I have grown SO much as a person- so grateful for that

Sometimes just looking a little deeper inside ourselves and our own lives Can give us the much needed perspective
Page 2 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics