Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
If I can buy linen & towels on amazon…
Previous  1  2

amother
  Melon  

Post Fri, Jul 26 2024, 10:39 am
amother Ruby wrote:
I got the full size which was over 200 in the stores..

That’s without fitted sheets.

amother
  Ruby

Post Fri, Jul 26 2024, 10:40 am
Yes but sheets arent that expensive for me I bought for $20 2 beds

amother
  Melon  

Post Fri, Jul 26 2024, 10:41 am
amother OP wrote:
What renders a set of linen unsalable? Is the fact that it was opened a problem? Do you have a way to re fold and package linen that was already open to look new again?

Once it’s unfolded we have no way to know forsure if it was used or not. So it doesn’t really matter if I can refold it or not. I cannot resell it as new. Besides, Amazon doesn’t make sure it gets returned to the seller anyways. So we very rarely see it after that.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Fri, Jul 26 2024, 11:31 am
amother Melon wrote:
Once it’s unfolded we have no way to know forsure if it was used or not. So it doesn’t really matter if I can refold it or not. I cannot resell it as new. Besides, Amazon doesn’t make sure it gets returned to the seller anyways. So we very rarely see it after that.

Why are the Amazon sets without sheets?

amother
  OP

Post Fri, Jul 26 2024, 11:33 am
amother Mistyrose wrote:
Why are the Amazon sets without sheets?

And why are all the linen sets sold online always with a flat sheet?

amother
  Melon

Post Fri, Jul 26 2024, 11:41 am
Because that is what the non Jewish world is looking for. The idea of a set of linen with fitted sheet, duvet covers and shams is a Jewish thing.

amother
Cantaloupe

Post Sun, Aug 18 2024, 3:23 pm
amother Snowdrop wrote:
I don’t know what kind of linen you are buying on Amazon but almost all of my sets, children’s and master are from Amazon and I love all of them. They’re all great quality, some of them are quite a few years old already and still looking great

I would love a link for master linen from Amazon

amother
Strawberry

Post Sun, Aug 18 2024, 5:08 pm
amother OP wrote:
And why are all the linen sets sold online always with a flat sheet?

Because that's the American way. You'll see them in hotels.
And yes I prefer to buy Jewish. I bought a couple of times online and by the time I added the fitted sheets, bought for 2 beds and made all the adjustments, I could have bought something that didn't wrinkle and came all inclusive from a heimish store with better pattern options. Yes I don't buy in the $700 store but there are plenty of other good options within various budgets.

amother
Babypink

Post Sun, Aug 18 2024, 7:15 pm
Because the quality and selection on amazon is not the same as one can get on any number of websites.

The only towels I have bought on amazon are cheap white wash cloths because I keep a stack of them on the bathroom counter to dry faces and hands for sanitary reasons.

Being able to return for free isn't a factor because I generally don't return items and I am more concerned with getting exactly what I want in the quality that I want.

Duvets are not a "Jewish" thing - anyone who has a down comforter either uses a duvet cover or no cover and washes the down quilt frequently. At one time they might have been because down quilt were more of a European thing but at this point almost every person below a certain age uses a quilt - no one "makes" a bed with a top sheet and bedspread anymore - that is a very dated look and people just want to be able to toss a quilt on their bed and have the bed look nice.

Many better linen stores do not sell "sets" - they sell fitter, flat and pillow cases separately.

amother
Tuberose

Post Sun, Aug 18 2024, 7:19 pm
amother Bergamot wrote:
Most likely, the sets on Amazon are a lower quality to begin with. The other linen stores who don't offer free returns - are they selling $35 sets?

Basically are you comparing apples to oranges?

While it def wasn’t high end, I recently got my daughter beautiful linen for camp from Amazon. I expected it to be junk as it was so cheap, albeit pretty. It is such great quality and survived camp laundry so well that I’m trading it out as her regular linen…
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics