Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
What's the point of chareidy schools
1  2  Next

amother
OP  

Post Thu, Jul 25 2024, 3:49 pm
Why do we bother being frum? What is the point of fighting for our childerens chinuch and toroh education when the horrible governors of the schools make it impossible, they bully they threaten and have no heart whatsoever. Who gives them the right to behave this way? They call themselves frum Jews? Why do we hear the governors are vile in every chareidy school in uk?? Yes I'm in uk, what's the point of being chareidy. I'm so fed up and I hate the horrid frum school system. I feel sorry for their oilom habo. The pain they cause so many families is just unbelievable. Vent over
I'm just going to cry in my pillow now

amother
Stonewash

Post Thu, Jul 25 2024, 3:53 pm
amother OP wrote:
Why do we bother being frum? What is the point of fighting for our childerens chinuch and toroh education when the horrible governors of the schools make it impossible, they bully they threaten and have no heart whatsoever. Who gives them the right to behave this way? They call themselves frum Jews? Why do we hear the governors are vile in every chareidy school in uk?? Yes I'm in uk, what's the point of being chareidy. I'm so fed up and I hate the horrid frum school system. I feel sorry for their oilom habo. The pain they cause so many families is just unbelievable. Vent over
I'm just going to cry in my pillow now

Wow what happend? Why were you threatened?

yiddishmom

Post Thu, Jul 25 2024, 3:54 pm
Oiy, I'm so sorry!

Interesting that this also happens in the UK.

I thought this only happens here in the USA.

I hope you get in to a school very soon.

May this be a kapparah for you.

And yes, many administrators will need to face consequences one day....

Ani

Post Thu, Jul 25 2024, 4:17 pm
Can you tell us what actually happened/is happening? Is it about getting a place?

amother
Feverfew  

Post Thu, Jul 25 2024, 4:41 pm
Loads of hugs.
They will have to answer for every time they let their power get to their heads.
Do you de comfortable sharing? Did they threaten to expell your kids?

amother
  OP  

Post Thu, Jul 25 2024, 5:35 pm
My child was expelled and one not excepted. Because we are late by one month on school fees, we are struggling at the moment but we are working to get things on track, in the mean time the governors don't care they want it all NOW. They have no mercy, our child has one more week of school. Why can't they went till they break up? I feel sick

amother
  Feverfew

Post Thu, Jul 25 2024, 5:40 pm
amother OP wrote:
My child was expelled and one not excepted. Because we are late by one month on school fees, we are struggling at the moment but we are working to get things on track, in the mean time the governors don't care they want it all NOW. They have no mercy, our child has one more week of school. Why can't they went till they break up? I feel sick

Is there anyone to advocate for you?

amother
Steel

Post Thu, Jul 25 2024, 5:51 pm
Is chareidy the only way to be frum?🤔

CPenzias

Post Thu, Jul 25 2024, 5:54 pm
That's disgusting op. They're blaming your child for your financial situation. They obviously don't care about chinuch because money is more important. Yeshiva tuition shouldn't be birth control but it is. I'm beyond disgusted too. We filled out the financial aid application (which feels like a rectal exam with medical students observing) and we got a whopping 1k off. When my husband responded they gave another $500...like WT*?! Tuition went up as it does every year, my son is going to Israel iyh which is more costly, the raises we got don't account for that. It's just not fair. I have 2 children, would have loved to have more but can't afford to with the astronomical tuition fees. So are we supposed to grow our nation or pay tuition? That's what it comes down to. They want money money money 💰 🤑 💸. Yeshivas have become businesses.

My Best Self

Post Thu, Jul 25 2024, 6:02 pm
Hugs OP. That is heartless on their part and so painful for you.

s1

Post Thu, Jul 25 2024, 6:18 pm
I'm so sorry to hear OP, I've never heard of this happening in the UK before 😔

ETA I recently went through a very hard time and spoke personally to the governors of 3 different schools my kids are in, all were thoughtful, caring and considerate, and have not asked me for a penny of fees since then! One of my children is going to a different school next year and the governor told me to pay what I can.

Last edited by s1 on Thu, Jul 25 2024, 7:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Clematis

Post Thu, Jul 25 2024, 6:22 pm
s1 wrote:

Me neither, can't believe many of my classmates parents were able to pay
Noone was ever shamed or sent home
For 1 month late they expelled ?Confused

amother
Bisque

Post Thu, Jul 25 2024, 7:06 pm
I'm so sorry you have to go through this!!
It's so ridiculous- back in the 1930's Rabbanim and principals went knocking on doors begging for people to send to Yeshiva.
Look where we've come to.
These administrators have an achrayis on every single Yiddish Neshama and are will go through their own Din V'Cheshbon on all the aggravation they caused.

amother
  OP  

Post Thu, Jul 25 2024, 7:15 pm
Thank you all for your support. We do have people advocating for us, it really is very sad. Unfortunately it's happening a lot in uk, I'm talking in London but I'm sure other places in the uk have it too. Its really horrible I know someone that didn't get accepted till the winter holidays last year into high school. I'm davening this does not happen to us

amother
Mustard

Post Thu, Jul 25 2024, 7:45 pm
Oh ny
Im so sorry op.

Is this a state funded school?
Dont think they can make you then.
Either way, Im sorry for the way youre being treated.
Its really upsetting.

amother
Daisy

Post Thu, Jul 25 2024, 8:05 pm
I live in Gaeshead. Have never heard of a kid being expelled for such a reason.

Seems that the governors you're talking about are manipulative, but please remember that someone who behaves like this is not a representative of Chareidy Jews.

amother
  OP  

Post Fri, Jul 26 2024, 2:54 am
I've actually heard some nasty shocking things going on in gateshead schools lately. I have family there

amother
Lemon  

Post Fri, Jul 26 2024, 3:09 am
s1 wrote:

ETA I recently went through a very hard time and spoke personally to the governors of 3 different schools my kids are in, all were thoughtful, caring and considerate, and have not asked me for a penny of fees since then! One of my children is going to a different school next year and the governor told me to pay what I can.

I've had the same experience with schools in London.

Op I'm sorry for what you're going through I really feel your pain.
Can I ask what do you mean by chareidi schools? I don't find that the schools here are generally categorised in that way.

amother
Powderblue  

Post Fri, Jul 26 2024, 3:09 am
I'm sorry OP for what you are going through.
Sending you hugs 🤗

I haven't heard ever about anyone being expelled because of it. But not let in possibly, they needed entry cards which were received after sorting fees out. But that may be the past.

I know that a lot of people do not receive child care any longer. And someone just mentioned yesterday how they owe ££££ but they've not been expelled....

Being frum and acting frum are two different things imo. How frum a person is only Hashem knows. This is something we need internalise otherwise it's a real challenge to live in our society where so much is stressed and judged on externals sadly.

Keep strong op, ypu will get through this.

amother
  OP

Post Fri, Jul 26 2024, 3:15 am
Sorry expelled is probably the wrong word. English is not my first language. We were told my child can't come back till we pay everything we owe. Yes we are in this situation because of the cut of childcare unfortunately
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics