Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
SPIRIT AIRLINES should I be scared to fly?

amother
OP  

Post Thu, Jul 25 2024, 4:28 pm
Is it dangerous because its cheap?
Havreu flown spirit before??

hodeez

Post Thu, Jul 25 2024, 4:30 pm
It's fine I've flown repeatedly without incident

amother
Celeste

Post Thu, Jul 25 2024, 4:30 pm
You couldn’t pay me to fly them but not because they’re. Unsafe . Just because they don’t treat their customers well and they nickel and dime you

amother
Pearl

Post Thu, Jul 25 2024, 6:44 pm
Flown spirit multiple times with no issues at all

Simple1

Post Thu, Jul 25 2024, 7:11 pm
I’m not a frequent flyer so no pesonal experience . But this came up in a conversation and someone said if you have no expectations and very low needs like it’s a short trip and don’t need much luggage etc, then it’s fine. Regarding safety, he claims that all airlines are under the same safety regulations and therefore not an issue. I have OOT relatives who use Spirit often because they want to be able to afford to fly in for all occasions including vacations. But do your own research to see if it works for you and you’re comfortable.

amother
Vermilion

Post Thu, Jul 25 2024, 7:18 pm
Spirit is a horrible airline, but it's nothing to do with safety. They fly the same planes and have the same quality pilots as everyone else. It's just that their service is terrible. You get what you pay for. I've flown them before, and I'm generally ok with it if I'm traveling a short distance (NY-FL) and without kids. I can put up with the unpleasantness for a short time. I will not fly with them with the kids because too many chances of something logistical to go wrong and I don't want to deal with that with kids in tow. But no, I have never been concerned about safety.

amother
Raspberry

Post Thu, Jul 25 2024, 8:09 pm
Flown with kid a multiple times and was always fine bh. No issues. Had more issues in United honestly than spirit.

amother
Orange

Post Thu, Jul 25 2024, 8:37 pm
Love it, we use it all the time. Tickets can really be cheap sometimes. I have no expectations though other than transport me from point A to Point B

amother
Bone

Post Thu, Jul 25 2024, 8:52 pm
amother Vermilion wrote:
Spirit is a horrible airline, but it's nothing to do with safety. They fly the same planes and have the same quality pilots as everyone else.

That’s actually not true. Most airlines use Boeing which have had a lot of safety issues lately. Spirit uses airbus which have less safety incidents.

amother
  OP

Post Thu, Jul 25 2024, 11:36 pm
What happens wit they cancel the flight?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics