Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
54” beds downsizing question
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP  

Post Wed, Jul 24 2024, 8:57 am
Hi,
We have 54” beds bh and like them, have them for 10 years k”h.

Thing is we may switch rooms with our kids due to space, our room is bigger and they need more space.

To do that we need to either get 48” beds which would b really tight, or 39” beds. Has anyone ever done that or would we be miserable?

For reference we r tall like 5’8 and 6’2..k”h

Anyone ever switched rooms w their kids due to space? Looking for all tips and experience

amother
Petunia

Post Wed, Jul 24 2024, 9:00 am
I never heard of this.
But if you're coming from 54" downsizing to 39" will probably be way too hard am adjustment.
I would probably go with the 48".

amother
  OP  

Post Wed, Jul 24 2024, 12:11 pm
Thanks. You say you’ve never heard of it - I mean everyone does what they need to do for space and we r thinking what could work with our rooms.

Anyone else?

amother
Thistle

Post Wed, Jul 24 2024, 12:21 pm
I assume bunkbeds in the kids rooms doesn't work?

amother
Honey  

Post Wed, Jul 24 2024, 12:22 pm
we are going to be downsizing from 48 inches to 39, but we’re in israel and planning to get the kind of beds that are made for frum couples and can easily be joined together/come apart. is that an option for you?

amother
  Honey  

Post Wed, Jul 24 2024, 12:23 pm
amother Thistle wrote:

😂 my husband jokes that we should get bunk beds for ourselves

amother
Lemon  

Post Wed, Jul 24 2024, 12:27 pm
Switching rooms with the kids- Yes my parents did this growing up due to space issues.
I had a 54 inch and downsized to 39 when we moved because the master was tiny but had private bathroom so at least there was a trade off. It was really a struggle coming from such big beds I recommend if you can swing it do 48

amother
  OP  

Post Wed, Jul 24 2024, 12:27 pm
amother Honey wrote:
😂 my husband jokes that we should get bunk beds for ourselves

Thanks for the laugh! LOL

amother
DarkYellow

Post Wed, Jul 24 2024, 12:29 pm
I did 54" to 39" and I love it. The room is much bigger & the beds can be fully pushed together and use a king sheet, and its much more comfortable.

amother
  OP  

Post Wed, Jul 24 2024, 12:29 pm
amother Lemon wrote:
Switching rooms with the kids- Yes my parents did this growing up due to space issues.
I had a 54 inch and downsized to 39 when we moved because the master was tiny but had private bathroom so at least there was a trade off. It was really a struggle coming from such big beds I recommend if you can swing it do 48

Oy we don’t have a private bathroom either place, like not in master or kids room lol. But that is a good trade off.

I’m wondering if we could do 1 39 and 1 48 or if that wouldn’t feel right.

amother
  OP  

Post Wed, Jul 24 2024, 12:32 pm
amother DarkYellow wrote:
I did 54" to 39" and I love it. The room is much bigger & the beds can be fully pushed together and use a king sheet, and its much more comfortable.

Ya? But what if we have things inbetween like a nightstand or porta crib is it annoying to move everything and push the beds together? Or do U keep nothing in between

It’s funny cuz it was my husband’s idea to maybe switch rooms, but when I measured and mentioned different beds he wasn’t so thrilled about that.

amother
Violet  

Post Wed, Jul 24 2024, 12:33 pm
I'm surprised no one mentioned 44" beds! You can use them with 48" headboards since these are easier to find. Whatever size you get make sure to get platform beds so there are no additional inches for the frame.

amother
  OP  

Post Wed, Jul 24 2024, 12:33 pm
amother Honey wrote:
we are going to be downsizing from 48 inches to 39, but we’re in israel and planning to get the kind of beds that are made for frum couples and can easily be joined together/come apart. is that an option for you?

I’ll ask in the frum stores here I never heard of it, is it called something, that kind of bed? Or a brand name/manufacturer name? Like what’s different about it when u join together does it kind of click together or something

amother
  OP  

Post Wed, Jul 24 2024, 12:34 pm
amother Violet wrote:
I'm surprised no one mentioned 44" beds! You can use them with 48" headboards since these are easier to find. Whatever size you get make sure to get platform beds so there are no additional inches for the frame.

I’ve never heard of a 44” bed what is that?

amother
Anemone

Post Wed, Jul 24 2024, 12:34 pm
amother OP wrote:
Oy we don’t have a private bathroom either place, like not in master or kids room lol. But that is a good trade off.

I’m wondering if we could do 1 39 and 1 48 or if that wouldn’t feel right.

It won’t look right
Get the 38 and this way it will be easier to find sheets

amother
  OP  

Post Wed, Jul 24 2024, 12:35 pm
amother Thistle wrote:

Thank you, no. We had a broken bone already so not doing this again for our family bh all is ok now just not worth the risk in my opinion for us.

amother
  Lemon  

Post Wed, Jul 24 2024, 12:45 pm
amother DarkYellow wrote:

We did this in the beginning and bought this whole contraption. But then got lazy and dont bother any more. I guess if I was pregnant or going to have them together for a length of time I would do it again

amother
  Lemon  

Post Wed, Jul 24 2024, 12:46 pm
amother OP wrote:
I’ll ask in the frum stores here I never heard of it, is it called something, that kind of bed? Or a brand name/manufacturer name? Like what’s different about it when u join together does it kind of click together or something

They dont sell those here in US at least I havent been able to find

amother
  Lemon  

Post Wed, Jul 24 2024, 12:48 pm
amother OP wrote:
Ya? But what if we have things inbetween like a nightstand or porta crib is it annoying to move everything and push the beds together? Or do U keep nothing in between

It’s funny cuz it was my husband’s idea to maybe switch rooms, but when I measured and mentioned different beds he wasn’t so thrilled about that.

We dont keep anything in between- no space. Crib goes at foot of the bed. We even bought headboard bookshelves. The room is longer than wide so no real room for night tables.

amother
  Violet

Post Wed, Jul 24 2024, 1:17 pm
amother OP wrote:
I’ve never heard of a 44” bed what is that?

44" wide, in between twin & 48. Jewish stores sell them.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics