Aren’t the drivers also the shoppers?

Not for Walmart. It's not Instacart.

amother
  NeonYellow

Post Fri, Apr 26 2024, 6:40 am
amother Alyssum wrote:
Not for Walmart. It's not Instacart.

Are you sure about that?

So then if I tip I’m only tipping the driver and not the one who shppped it? So if I’m not happy with that they shopped if they did a poor job I still should tip because the tip goes to the driver?

imanotmommy

Post Fri, Apr 26 2024, 10:46 am
amother NeonYellow wrote:
Are you sure about that?

So then if I tip I’m only tipping the driver and not the one who shppped it? So if I’m not happy with that they shopped if they did a poor job I still should tip because the tip goes to the driver?

yes
and walmart should refund you for items that aren't good (bruised apples, substitutions you don't want, etc)

ezerkinegdo  

Post Wed, Jul 24 2024, 8:10 am
I never tip Walmart delivery. My opinion is, it's not my fault if Walmart is not paying you enough salary. And if they are (in my state they make $14/hour) then great.

amother
Iris

Post Wed, Jul 24 2024, 8:18 am
ezerkinegdo wrote:
I never tip Walmart delivery. My opinion is, it's not my fault if Walmart is not paying you enough salary. And if they are (in my state they make $14/hour) then great.

The expectation for any delivery is that the one who receives the delivery has to tip. If you don't want to tip, go to the store yourself.

ezerkinegdo  

Post Wed, Jul 24 2024, 8:22 am
amother Iris wrote:
The expectation for any delivery is that the one who receives the delivery has to tip. If you don't want to tip, go to the store yourself.

I disagree. Tipping by its nature is something extra you give to show appreciation. It is not, nor is it meant to be, part of the driver's salary. The reason I am using Walmart + is not for convenience, it is to save money. I pay yearly for the delivery service. That is money earmarked for the driver. As with all tipping, if you can afford it, wonderful and I'm sure the driver appreciates it as an extra. And if it is NOT an extra but needed as part of his/her salary, that's a problem they should take up with their employer. It's not my fault if Walmart doesn't pay their drivers enough, and it's not my responsibility to supplement their income through tips.

amother
Clematis  

Post Wed, Jul 24 2024, 8:24 am
amother Iris wrote:

You don’t have to tip. And tipping culture has become insane. You pay for delivery it’s never free. Paying twice for delivery is crazy.

amother
Ultramarine

Post Wed, Jul 24 2024, 8:27 am
amother Clematis wrote:
You don’t have to tip. And tipping culture has become insane. You pay for delivery it’s never free. Paying twice for delivery is crazy.

There is no delivery cost for Walmart plus members. This isn't something new, I remember my mother tipping the guys who brought our grocery delivery 30 years ago!

ezerkinegdo

Post Wed, Jul 24 2024, 8:29 am
amother Ultramarine wrote:
There is no delivery cost for Walmart plus members. This isn't something new, I remember my mother tipping the guys who brought our grocery delivery 30 years ago!

Yes, there is a yearly fee for Walmart + members. Tips are by their NATURE extra and not required. That's why they're TIPS.

amother
  Clematis

Post Wed, Jul 24 2024, 8:30 am
amother Ultramarine wrote:

Yes in those days we gave a $1 per person. Not the insane amounts we give today. And the membership is paying for delivery. It’s not a free service.

Ruchel

Post Wed, Jul 24 2024, 10:20 am
No 🇫🇷

amother
  PlumPink

Post Mon, Sep 16 2024, 10:06 pm
ezerkinegdo wrote:
I disagree. Tipping by its nature is something extra you give to show appreciation. It is not, nor is it meant to be, part of the driver's salary. The reason I am using Walmart + is not for convenience, it is to save money. I pay yearly for the delivery service. That is money earmarked for the driver. As with all tipping, if you can afford it, wonderful and I'm sure the driver appreciates it as an extra. And if it is NOT an extra but needed as part of his/her salary, that's a problem they should take up with their employer. It's not my fault if Walmart doesn't pay their drivers enough, and it's not my responsibility to supplement their income through tips.

It is absolutely the social expectation that you tip for adequate/good service, and everyone using the service knows that this is the expectation. Delivery services ARE for your convenience, that's their purpose, they're not to save you money on expected tips to pay for the delivery service. Delivery fees do not go to shoppers and drivers, they go chiefly to corporate overhead for the service. You're expected to tip whether you like that fact or not and it's very obvious that the frum community stands out starkly as dramatically undertipping or not tipping at all when compared to their non-frum neighbors. Shoppers/drivers don't see tips as "extra" - the model is 100% based on tips - roughly 50% of the shopper's pay comes from tips. When you don't tip, you're being subsidized by others in your community that are tipping and they make the service available to you only through their tips. It is indirectly your fault that shoppers/drivers are not paid adequately because you're not willing to pay them adequately - sure, Walmart could pay them more, but they'd simply pass along that higher pay to you, that's how it works. Either you tip, or you pay higher prices for products and delivery fees. At the end of the day, the customer always pays for the cost of a service, one way or another. So why not know that you're helping pay your shopper directly, without question? If you answered your door directly for your shopper and stood face to face with them, rather than hiding behind your curtains while they drop off, would you not be embarrassed to not be tipping them? What if your rav or your rav's child showed up delivering your order? Would you not then feel ashamed?

amother
Magnolia

Post Mon, Sep 16 2024, 10:19 pm
You absolutely have to tip

I pay for Walmart in home. That explicitly includes tips. Which means that Walmart plus explicitly doesn't include tips.

amother
  Alyssum

Post Mon, Sep 16 2024, 10:26 pm
amother Magnolia wrote:
You absolutely have to tip

I pay for Walmart in home. That explicitly includes tips. Which means that Walmart plus explicitly doesn't include tips.

I'd happily pay for Walmart In Home. It's not available in my area.

But don't tell me that the $50 additional you pay is all you'd have paid for tips over a year. And I wonder how much more they are paying the drivers.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Mon, Sep 16 2024, 10:53 pm
I think Walmart in home deliverers aren't freelancers but actually salaried Walmart employees who get a Walmart van to fill with multiple orders for delivery...

amother
  Steelblue

Post Mon, Sep 16 2024, 10:58 pm
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
I think Walmart in home deliverers aren't freelancers but actually salaried Walmart employees who get a Walmart van to fill with multiple orders for delivery...

Not in my city. Maybe it varies.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics