Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Where in NY did you have a great delivery (with epidural)

amother
OP  

Post Yesterday at 8:19 pm
Looking for some advice for the second time around! I moved recently so need hospital recommendations preferably Brooklyn/Queens. Had a great experience with my first bli ayin hara and hoping for something equally great.

Specifically -

-Good experience with epidural. I had zero pain even during pushing. Had a doula but didn't really need her.

-Calm, patient, nice, and preferably mostly female staff. I didn't end up having my doctor at delivery (it was a huge practice) but the team was so nice I didn't care.

Where in NY did you have a great delivery? Please no negative stories I don't want to hear it right now lol

amother
Cyan

Post Yesterday at 8:20 pm
I was happy at Mt Sinai.

amother
Seagreen

Post Yesterday at 8:21 pm
I just delivered at Staten Island university hospital and was very happy

amother
Butterscotch  

Post Yesterday at 8:45 pm
I delivered at NYU 4x including operating room delivery (for twins) and was very happy

amother
Heather  

Post Yesterday at 8:50 pm
I delivered in nyu a few times and still felt pain. Delivered in Lenox hill once and didn't. It really depends on how your body responds to the epidural they give. My doc did say nyu gives a weaker epidural. As far as nurses it's luck of the draw. Some were good some weren't. Also depends how busy the hospital is when you deliver.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Yesterday at 8:50 pm
I delivered in a Manhattan hospital, a different hospital in Brooklyn and Maimonides-many times.

A low risk delivery, Maimonides was great. Efficient, female experienced staff.
They specialize in delivering babies, every 9 minutes-I made up that statistic.

amother
Bisque

Post Yesterday at 8:51 pm
I delivered twice in Staten Island university hospital. Bh had a great experience

giftedmom

Post Yesterday at 8:55 pm
I had a great delivery at NYU but their maternity ward is not so great so I won’t be going back. Epidural was phenomenal they got it right at the first try and the anesthesiologist was a really nice Jewish doctor.
Delivery nurse who took care of me afterwards was a kind Frum lady.

amother
Copper

Post Yesterday at 8:56 pm
Mount Sinai South Nassau in Oceanside

amother
Sienna

Post Yesterday at 9:28 pm
amother Heather wrote:
I delivered in nyu a few times and still felt pain. Delivered in Lenox hill once and didn't. It really depends on how your body responds to the epidural they give. My doc did say nyu gives a weaker epidural. As far as nurses it's luck of the draw. Some were good some weren't. Also depends how busy the hospital is when you deliver.

Interesting you say that. I had 3 times in nyu epidural and once in Lenox hill. I found Lenox hill epidural to be way too strong I couldn't feel my legs at all and it took me a while to get on my feet vs in nyu it was the right amount of numbing no labor pain.
In regards to experience both were amazing. Although nyu is so much busier vs in Lenox hill things were so much calmer.

amother
Celeste

Post Yesterday at 9:36 pm
(NYP) Methodist (park slope). Amazing experience.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Yesterday at 9:37 pm
giftedmom wrote:
I had a great delivery at NYU but their maternity ward is not so great so I won’t be going back. Epidural was phenomenal they got it right at the first try and the anesthesiologist was a really nice Jewish doctor.
Delivery nurse who took care of me afterwards was a kind Frum lady.

Can you give more info about maternity ward?
I'm due soon and plan to go to NYU....
I hope to be nursing and rooming with baby, so would that make it different?

amother
  Heather  

Post Yesterday at 9:45 pm
amother Aquamarine wrote:
Can you give more info about maternity ward?
I'm due soon and plan to go to NYU....
I hope to be nursing and rooming with baby, so would that make it different?

Nyu is baby friendly so they don't really have a nursery in any case. You are supposed to room with the baby.

amother
  Butterscotch

Post Yesterday at 9:48 pm
amother Heather wrote:
Nyu is baby friendly so they don't really have a nursery in any case. You are supposed to room with the baby.

I had 5 kids there and never slept with the baby. I told the nurse to give 2 bottles and bring baby back for the 6 am feed. They were always gracious about it and never made me feel bad for asking.

Ema of 5

Post Yesterday at 9:52 pm
amother Copper wrote:
Mount Sinai South Nassau in Oceanside

I was going to say south Nassau, but op said Brooklyn or queens.

amother
Mocha

Post Yesterday at 9:54 pm
amother Celeste wrote:
(NYP) Methodist (park slope). Amazing experience.

Same

amother
  Heather

Post Yesterday at 9:55 pm
amother Butterscotch wrote:
I had 5 kids there and never slept with the baby. I told the nurse to give 2 bottles and bring baby back for the 6 am feed. They were always gracious about it and never made me feel bad for asking.

I did not have that experience they never took my baby at night even when I wasn't nursing and I asked them too. Could be the timing that is was just busy who knows.

amother
  OP

Post Today at 6:23 am
Bumping for the morning crowd

tweety1

Post Today at 7:35 am
NYU Manhattan gives something called a walking epidural. It's the standard for labor. It wad great. Slightly weaker than a regular but it worked for me.
I delivered in the past in maimonides, Methodist, Staten island- had a horrible experience with the anesthesiologist and epidural, NYU Manhattan and Brooklyn. I was very happy in NYU. Both of them. While NYU doesn't have a regular nursery, they do so at night. They came to offer to take my baby.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries