Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Can anyone help me understand why BYBP is so different?
1  2  Next

amother
OP  

Post Tue, Jul 23 2024, 8:27 pm
Why do the three year old's in BYBP start school at 9 and end at 4?
Is this normal? Do most parents want this?
They do give an option to send home with the earlier route but I'm assuming most mothers don't feel comfortable sending home their child early and have them miss out...

amother
Maroon  

Post Tue, Jul 23 2024, 8:30 pm
amother OP wrote:
Why do the three year old's in BYBP start school at 9 and end at 4?
Is this normal? Do most parents want this?
They do give an option to send home with the earlier route but I'm assuming most mothers don't feel comfortable sending home their child early and have them miss out...

Flatbush schools all so the same. They had an earlier dismissal class or two years ago but that shut down. I guess people didnt like it.

amother
  OP  

Post Tue, Jul 23 2024, 8:32 pm
So its only the Boro Park preschools that finish earlier?

amother
  Maroon

Post Tue, Jul 23 2024, 8:37 pm
amother OP wrote:
So its only the Boro Park preschools that finish earlier?

For nursery? Probably.

amother
Diamond

Post Tue, Jul 23 2024, 8:41 pm
amother Maroon wrote:
Flatbush schools all so the same. They had an earlier dismissal class or two years ago but that shut down. I guess people didnt like it.

Not my experience at all. Late stay for one of kids school is til 3:30 (it may have been only until 3:00. I can't remember now) but you have to pay for it. For the other school, school officially ends at 3:00 and they have a bus run then. There's free later hours until 4:00, pick up only. It's free play with that day's toys (no more learning, projects, or special activities) and my kids never had fomo when leaving at 3:00 every day.

bsy

Post Tue, Jul 23 2024, 8:44 pm
Fwiw they have nap time

amother
Quince  

Post Tue, Jul 23 2024, 8:50 pm
My experience (but this was with the 2 to 3 yr old age so maybe different ) was that the teachers know some kids leave early so they don't do any major learning after 2:30. It's more like free play... The teachers themselves are tired at that point so it works out well, and I was totally comfortable sending home earlier (happy to actually... ). The 4 o'clock option is great for working parents though. I used that option when I had the occasional appointment and couldn't be back in time. I also liked the earlier dismissal bec it meant they would be bused home with only the younger children (and not with all the big kids)

Post Tue, Jul 23 2024, 9:01 pm
your experience in Bais Yakkov of Boro Park?

amother
Royalblue  

Post Tue, Jul 23 2024, 9:08 pm
I'm sending my child to their nursery in september and I'm probably going to do the 2:30 dismissal. I don't care what other people do. Crazy to keep a toddler in school for such a long day

amother
  Quince

Post Tue, Jul 23 2024, 9:09 pm
1346 wrote:

If your talking to me then yes I sent a child there. But like I wrote, it sounds like a year younger then the age OP is referring to so maybe things are different for that age...

amother
  OP  

Post Tue, Jul 23 2024, 9:13 pm
you're right for the toddler age many children leave at 2:30 but they have an option of staying.
I'm just curious what all the other nursery mothers are doing/feel like

amother
Blonde

Post Tue, Jul 23 2024, 9:13 pm
1346 wrote:

Great school. I went there and my girls are there/went there, starting from nursery.

amother
Blue  

Post Tue, Jul 23 2024, 9:51 pm
As a mom of multiple daughters in the school, I absolutely love the fact that they’re all on the same schedule and come and go together. It’s a long day for the little ones, but they do have nap time and downtime, and they adjust quickly.

l also find the preschool very well organized and well run, in general, FWIW.

amother
  OP  

Post Tue, Jul 23 2024, 10:07 pm
So most moms don't care?

amother
Violet

Post Tue, Jul 23 2024, 10:19 pm
Are you getting some program like headstart etc ? If I remember correctly, the full paying parents didn't have the option of earlier dismissal.

amother
Grape

Post Tue, Jul 23 2024, 10:24 pm
amother OP wrote:
So most moms don't care?

Most mothers work

amother
  OP  

Post Tue, Jul 23 2024, 10:27 pm
Oh, you're right most mothers work (including me)
I was just comparing to some other schools and getting concerned about the long day...
Anyone else sending to nursery this year?

amother
Honey

Post Tue, Jul 23 2024, 10:29 pm
Maybe it's because of the 3k program? They legally have to have a certain amount of hours?
Many moms don't care because 1. They work and need the child care and 2. Kids home alone when they're used to siblings being around often get bored which can lead to cranky

Post Tue, Jul 23 2024, 10:37 pm
Well chassidish schools in boro park also have the 3k program if I'm not mistaken.
and they end at 2:30

amother
Puce

Post Tue, Jul 23 2024, 10:56 pm
I was also super worried about it and felt so guilty sending my baby away for that many hours. I still don't think it's ideal and don't understand it but my daughter got used to it. They also have nap time which I was really unhappy about. My daughters bedtime went from 7:00 to 9:30.
Other than those issues I am really impressed with the pre-school. They have an amazing curriculum for nursery. They also really try to make you happy. I called them with an issue and got my problem resolved in minutes.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics