Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Delete
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next

amother
NeonPink

Post Fri, Jun 07 2024, 6:21 am
We are a chasidish Yiddish speaking family, (my husband wears white socks on shabbos) and send to gan Yisroel. I am constantly blown away by the fabulous chinuch, love for hashem, and love for each other that my girls are taught in this school.

amother
  Almond

Post Fri, Jun 07 2024, 10:44 am
amother OP wrote:
He said lets see what the other school says.
I am gonna tear my hair out

That doesn’t make sense… didn’t the other schools already say- no?

Gan Yisroel is for chassidish girls from fine homes. I don’t think you will find any girls there who aren’t from chassidish homes.

BYBP is a bit of a mix but there are very few girls from litvish homes since it’s located in BP and BP is mostly chassidish these days.

amother
  Razzmatazz  

Post Fri, Jun 07 2024, 5:00 pm
Maybe it's time to tell husband straight out. All those schools we applied to are being nice by rejecting us with the excuse that they don't want us , that is just a generic rejection to be nice. THEY DO NOT WANT TO ACCEPT US! WE NE3D TO APPLY TO A SCHOOL THAT WILL EMBRACE US AND APPRECIATE OUR FAMILY! WHERE OUR DAUGHTER WILL BE GIVEN A CHANCE AT SOCIAL STANDING!

amother
  OP  

Post Tue, Jul 23 2024, 2:21 am
Delete

amother
Lightpink  

Post Tue, Jul 23 2024, 5:38 am
Im so confused though.
So which schools did you try that say they are full?

Satmar? Pupa? Bobov?

You need to apply to an unaffiliated school.

amother
  Papaya

Post Tue, Jul 23 2024, 5:44 am
amother OP wrote:
No school for my very soon to be three year old daughter this year. Obviously, I did what I could to have my husband reconsider and beg for these 8 schools to take her. He said SO bitterly when people tell us to beg, it's easier said than done. We had literal askanim rabbonim, and big people from our shul vouch for us. Nothing doing. His last hope is T.D, G.Y, and B.S.
I think it's far too late and these are for sure full but we're gonna try.
regarding bybp, someone told me that the girls are much more exposed to things, the mothers have a smartphone they use in front of their kids, and there is no father who goes with white socks like my husband. I'd hate to make my husband uncomfortable although it could be comfortable for me. A few people told me the same so now I'm just confused and unsure.
Anyway, not sure why he's going for the most chasidish schools. Honestly, I don't know what to think anymore. This was exhausting. The running around the calls the hope the huge let down. I'm also dealing with health issues with my baby so I don't think I have headspace to argue why this school sounds promising. I'm just so tired. I gave up on the English speaking part. I will teach my kids English on my own during the summer but Yiddish is their prominent language. I'm learning more every day. Anyway I'm getting off topic.

For now, my daughter is signed up for another year of playgroup. Better than nothing I guess.

Will update this if she gets in somewhere. Meanwhile, I gotta daven.

(I don't know what words to use to beg. The whole begging thing makes me nervous and that's me being honest. Maybe I gotta get over myself and pick up the phone. But again, unsure what to say. Is it "PLEASE DO take my daughter please please please!!!"?? I need pointers. Growing up my mom just filled out the registration forms and sent us off. This is a private school and I never had experience with this. Please be nice though.)

Did parents in the schools vouch for you? You applied to gan yisroel yet?

amother
  Lightpink  

Post Tue, Jul 23 2024, 5:48 am
This is what it means when ppl come here to post they dont have a school for their amazing, special child.
They do, they just dont want to send there.

I have a friend here in Lakewood that crying about this and its bec she only wants a top" exclusive, hard to get in school, while she could send elsewhere.

amother
Mintgreen

Post Tue, Jul 23 2024, 6:14 am
From what op said, none of the schools accepted her daughter. They all said they're full

amother
NeonPurple

Post Tue, Jul 23 2024, 6:20 am
amother Mintgreen wrote:
From what op said, none of the schools accepted her daughter. They all said they're full

Gan yisroel is full

newinbp

Post Tue, Jul 23 2024, 6:28 am
For what it’s worth OP, I know those who chose to keep their 3 year old for another year of playgroup. It can be a very good option especially if your child is already comfortable there, etc.

It’s a smaller setting where they can learn and play before kindergarten in a big school next year.

Start early like December for next year applying to girls schools and when they say no, perhaps move on to another option.

Best of luck to a healthy summer and a successful school year! Keep up a positive attitude Hashem has the best place for your child Smile

amother
Lime  

Post Tue, Jul 23 2024, 6:28 am
Your right bybp doesnt have fathers in white socks. But they will still be accepting do diverse backgrounds. Another year of playgroup is worse than a year in bybp in my opinion. Since majority 3 year olds dont go to playgroup. Puts you at a disadvantage for next year in addition to other reasons.

amother
  Lime

Post Tue, Jul 23 2024, 6:29 am
Also the schools that are full wont magically have a slot for kindergarten...

amother
  OP  

Post Tue, Jul 23 2024, 6:30 am
amother Lightpink wrote:
Im so confused though.
So which schools did you try that say they are full?

Satmar? Pupa? Bobov?

You need to apply to an unaffiliated school.

Delete

amother
Raspberry  

Post Tue, Jul 23 2024, 6:36 am
amother OP wrote:
I'm a little nervous to specify because I'm scared to be found out here but we tried the ones that are affiliated with a chasidus or two and others that don't have the names of a chasidus on them (I'm guessing they're the unaffiliated schools?) They all said they're full/have no open slots
Our last, last chance is a school called T.D. which someone my husband knows has a LOT of pull.
But if that's a no then we'll try B.S and G.Y.

TD is one of the most impossible schools to get into. BS and GY are a bit easier.
BYBP is the most diverse, with many chasidishe people there. I believe they even have a "chasidish" class in preschool. In 3k they definitely have children whose fathers wear white socks.

amother
Junglegreen  

Post Tue, Jul 23 2024, 6:36 am
amother Mintgreen wrote:

Wrong. She can apply for BYBP but she said a few posts back that they won't consider there.

amother
Orange

Post Tue, Jul 23 2024, 6:50 am
As far as I know , TD only accepts siblings at this point or someone connected to the school. (Siblings mostly fill up the classes and they don't want to expand). Plenty of very choshuv families and their own alumni get rejected. But perhaps you have the right connections to get in.

BS is not full, shouldn't be a problem getting accepted there

I'll say some tehillim for you. Bezras Hashem, your daughter will get accepted into school.

(As an aside, read about it on the site, I have done the segulah from R' Masya Ben Chorush several times and BH merited yeshuos)

amother
  Arcticblue

Post Tue, Jul 23 2024, 6:50 am
There’s a school called bc. Also did you try pupa? They are less extreme or picky than other chasidish schools.

amother
  Lightpink

Post Tue, Jul 23 2024, 6:51 am
Hm.

The only schools I know that dont belong to a chassidis are gy bs and bybp.

Bais tzipora, visnitz belong to a chasidis.

Munktach may have been an option, but they are not around.

Eta bnos chaya, its small and may be an option too.

amother
Magnolia

Post Tue, Jul 23 2024, 7:04 am
For eight pages amothers are telling you that gan yisroel is the right fit. Respectfully, I feel the imas here get it more than your husband. If I were you I would apply to gy myself and take it from there. If and when your husband manages to get into a school of his choice you can reconsider then. But as a mother you need to make sure to get her into a school thats good for her!
If its too late for this year apply for the following year asap.

amother
  Razzmatazz  

Post Tue, Jul 23 2024, 7:08 am
amother Lightpink wrote:
Hm.

The only schools I know that dont belong to a chassidis are gy bs and bybp.

Bais tzipora, visnitz belong to a chasidis.

Munktach may have been an option, but they are not around.

Eta bnos chaya, its small and may be an option too.

Bnos chaya is a good place to try if they want more run around. Her children will also prob be bullied there.
If bs is bais sura I don't know why everyone keeps mentioning them as a great place to try they also think they are elite and play hard to reach.
Op it's very Normal to send to bjbp for free pre school and then transfer after.
Page 8 of 10   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next Recent Topics