Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
Paying on phone

amother
OP  

Post Thu, Jul 18 2024, 8:38 pm
Has anyone tried using Google pay or Samsung Pay - meaning putting in your information of your debit/credit card, etc.....?
Is this safe??

Do you really only leave your house with your phone and no credit card? How do you pay with it? Do you pay everywhere with this? Where do you keep your license?

What's the difference bet Samsung Pay and Google Pay?

Or is this not advisable and why?

Would love info on this

Tysm

amother
Burgundy

Post Thu, Jul 18 2024, 8:40 pm
I do Apple Pay. It’s fantastic. So convenient. The only problem is what happens if your phone dies?! So you need to always have a charger with you.

essie14  

Post Fri, Jul 19 2024, 12:48 am
Yes, I have a phone case with a slot for my license. All credit cards are in GPay and synced to my smart watch. I use my watch to pay. It's so convenient.

amother
  OP  

Post Sun, Jul 21 2024, 6:07 pm
amother Burgundy wrote:
I do Apple Pay. It’s fantastic. So convenient. The only problem is what happens if your phone dies?! So you need to always have a charger with you.

I'm the original op
this is a good point - ty!

amother
  OP  

Post Sun, Jul 21 2024, 6:09 pm
essie14 wrote:
Yes, I have a phone case with a slot for my license. All credit cards are in GPay and synced to my smart watch. I use my watch to pay. It's so convenient.

I'm the op
thank you for your response

So you never carry your cc's with you anymore?
Is there no way to scan drivers license?

Are these safe??

essie14

Post Mon, Jul 22 2024, 2:07 am
amother OP wrote:
I'm the op
thank you for your response

So you never carry your cc's with you anymore?
Is there no way to scan drivers license?

Are these safe??

If you get pulled over I am pretty sure you need your original driver's license. And if a store asks for ID when you want to buy alcohol you need an original ID.
I only carry a backup CC if I am shopping alone without my husband (he always carries his wallet). Once in a while a store's wifi won't be working and I have to actually swipe a CC but I can probably count one 1 hand the number of times I have taken out my wallet in the past month.
I don't know what you mean by "are these safe"?
I have a Samsung phone and I use Google wallet. I have to scan my finger on my phone to access my Google wallet. On my watch, I have to enter a passcode every time I put the watch back on my hand. Once it leaves my hand the passcode gets enabled again. It's way safer than carrying a wallet which can get stolen and a thief can swipe your credit card one minute later.
No one can access my phone or watch except me.

amother
Junglegreen

Post Mon, Jul 22 2024, 2:49 am
yeah these are considered safe. some even consider it safer because the card readers dont have access to your actual card information so if someone put a skimmer on the reader they wouldnt be able to steal your information when paying from the phone

amother
  OP  

Post Mon, Jul 22 2024, 3:21 pm
Thank you for explaining!
I am the Op.

amother
Candycane

Post Mon, Jul 22 2024, 3:48 pm
I use Apple Pay 99.9% of the time. I keep a picture of my card on my phone just in case I need it, and a physical card in my car, but it’s only 2/1k stores that don’t accept Apple Pay. Literally the best thing ever

Also, I don’t know if it’s the same on androids, but Apple Pay will conceal credit card numbers by creating fake numbers for you. So on your receipt it will show random digits just for added protection

(Side note- you don’t need to mention your the OP in your posts, your username automatically is listed as OP)

singleagain

Post Mon, Jul 22 2024, 4:06 pm
Yes it is the same for Google pay

amother
  OP

Post Mon, Jul 22 2024, 6:18 pm
amother Candycane wrote:
I use Apple Pay 99.9% of the time. I keep a picture of my card on my phone just in case I need it, and a physical card in my car, but it’s only 2/1k stores that don’t accept Apple Pay. Literally the best thing ever

Also, I don’t know if it’s the same on androids, but Apple Pay will conceal credit card numbers by creating fake numbers for you. So on your receipt it will show random digits just for added protection

(Side note- you don’t need to mention your the OP in your posts, your username automatically is listed as OP)

Ok! lol

Bethany85

Post Mon, Jul 22 2024, 7:13 pm
I’ve used Apple Pay even when I don’t have service. Surprisingly it still works.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics