Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Auto insurance - how long for a claim to get processed?

amother
OP  

Post Sun, Jul 21 2024, 12:03 am
A truck banged into us on the highway on Thursday night. BH we are all OK but our car is damaged and then we need to get new car seats. Does anyone know how long insurance claims usually take to get fully processed? And if we lay out the money to buy a new car seat will that make any difference in the amount we get compensated?

We filed the claims with both our insurance and the other driver’s insurance.

Thank in advance for any insights!

amother
  OP  

Post Sun, Jul 21 2024, 12:20 pm
Bump

amother
Thistle

Post Sun, Jul 21 2024, 12:36 pm
I would guess it depends on the insurance company. Our car was totaled and we got a check from insurance 2 weeks later (progressive). It was the other drivers fault but we filed through our insurance and they deal with the other insurance to get reimbursed

amother
Pink

Post Sun, Jul 21 2024, 12:41 pm
For damage you will take your car to a repair shop and they deal with insurance. They are the ones who get the insurance money for the repairs. For us it took a month for our car to be done, I only dealt with insurance to get the rental car (they give a link to book with a major rental car company directly)

They did not reimburse me for car seats

I do wish I had gone directly to my car dealership to have repairs done by the manufacturer itself. The local repair shop did a horrible job, and once insurance was covering it there was no reason to not just have it done directly by the car company

amother
  OP

Post Sun, Jul 21 2024, 5:54 pm
Thanks so much. I just told the insurance about a local body shop I have heard good reviews of, I didn’t even think of asking if it could just go back to the car manufacturer. The insurance rep said the body shop has to be “in network” (I guess have a contract) with the insurance company.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics