Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Summer Camps
Camp Malka Cook quit? Are there no more cooked meals? ?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 18 2024, 4:28 pm
Supper was only served after 10PM last night. Rumor has it that the cook quit and they didn't have supper and needed to get food sent from another camp they met at an amusement park. Is that true? Does anyone know?

They sent out a fluffy email saying how exciting a trip to Dorny park was last night. Past emails show that the fluffier the email the more suspicious. They threw in a line that snack was served on the bus and supper when they arrived. They left at 7 which is usually in middle of supper, and only got off the busses close to 10. Sounds like a cover up to me.

I can't upload the email. I'm sure others can.

amother
Milk

Post Thu, Jul 18 2024, 4:33 pm
I have never heard of camp malka.

It is not uncommon to spend a loooong day on the trip and have dinner very late when they come back to camp.

If you told me they left at 3, were in camp by 6 and dinner wasn’t served until 10- we would have a problem. This sounds normal.

amother
Blonde  

Post Thu, Jul 18 2024, 4:41 pm
Can we please stop having threads about this. Figure out a way to make a group chat with all the campers moms. This is irrelevant for the rest of us and unnecessary hype

amother
Emerald

Post Thu, Jul 18 2024, 4:43 pm
amother Blonde wrote:
Can we please stop having threads about this. Figure out a way to make a group chat with all the campers moms. This is irrelevant for the rest of us and unnecessary hype
I'm not getting the obsession with Camp Malka. Unless they are super snobby and people are reveling in their down fall so to speak.

amother
  Blonde

Post Thu, Jul 18 2024, 4:45 pm
amother Emerald wrote:
I'm not getting the obsession with Camp Malka. Unless they are super snobby and people are reveling in their down fall so to speak.

I don’t know anything about them other than having friends who went there years ago back when they opened but regardless this is really inappropriate to keep opening threads that maybe apply to 35 people here.

amother
Arcticblue

Post Thu, Jul 18 2024, 4:47 pm
Lol. It's almost comical. It's like me saying "Did you hear that in camp Riva the bathroom is clogged?"
This is the internet. Why do thousands of people need to know this for the next century? A private camp chat is way more appropriate.

momlife

Post Thu, Jul 18 2024, 4:53 pm
amother OP wrote:
Supper was only served after 10PM last night. Rumor has it that the cook quit and they didn't have supper and needed to get food sent from another camp they met at an amusement park. Is that true? Does anyone know?

They sent out a fluffy email saying how exciting a trip to Dorny park was last night. Past emails show that the fluffier the email the more suspicious. They threw in a line that snack was served on the bus and supper when they arrived. They left at 7 which is usually in middle of supper, and only got off the busses close to 10. Sounds like a cover up to me.

I can't upload the email. I'm sure others can.

I just spoke to my sister who is a camper there and didn’t hear anything of the sort.

admommy

Post Fri, Jul 19 2024, 8:15 pm
Why the loshon hora? Why the motzee shem ra? Since when do we Yidden take every rumor and post it for the whole world to see???

Here are the facts. I am a director of another program who was at Dorney Park together with Malka so I know this first hand. They served snacks on the buses on the way to the park. Malka had a truck bring supper to the parking lot, where it was waiting for the girls to eat. I wasn’t nosey enough to look what food exactly they were serving, but there seemed to be plenty and the girls seemed to have been enjoying it quite a bit. (This is common practice for camps to serve meals in amusement park parking lots, nothing unusual about that).
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Summer Camps