Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
SETSS providers: Was a bill passed?
1  2  Next

amother
OP  

Post Mon, Jul 15 2024, 4:56 pm
Was the bill regarding enhanced rate in private schools passed? Any details?

chrysanthemum12

Post Wed, Jul 17 2024, 12:23 pm
Bump. What is this bill about?

nicole81  

Post Wed, Jul 17 2024, 1:42 pm
They're not going to pay the rates they are anymore, and they've taken away parental rights to ask for an impartial so they can get a provider with higher rates. Agudah seems to say that they will pay $125/session and anyone willing to take that will be fine but rates higher than that will not be approved nor will impartials be granted.

amother
Lightgreen  

Post Wed, Jul 17 2024, 1:46 pm
nicole81 wrote:
They're not going to pay the rates they are anymore, and they've taken away parental rights to ask for an impartial so they can get a provider with higher rates. Agudah seems to say that they will pay $125/session and anyone willing to take that will be fine but rates higher than that will not be approved nor will impartials be granted.

Does this affect speech therapists and OT's also?

Honestly doesn't sound so bad to me...I'm a speech therapist and my rate has always been less than 100 an hour

nicole81

Post Wed, Jul 17 2024, 1:51 pm
It's about setss services specifically. I'm not sure if the impartials were taken away for rates increases in other service areas. I haven't read the bill in detail yet.

amother
Maize  

Post Wed, Jul 17 2024, 1:53 pm
Is this the lawsuit that the agudah was involved in and sent emails about? I thought and was told the decision will come out in middle of September.?!

amother
Orchid  

Post Wed, Jul 17 2024, 2:09 pm
They held an emergency session early

amother
  Maize  

Post Wed, Jul 17 2024, 2:18 pm
amother Orchid wrote:
They held an emergency session early
oh wow! Where is everyone hearing about this? Where can I hear more. Is there a way I can see the bill? Is the decision final for the coming year?

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Wed, Jul 17 2024, 4:35 pm
It seems nothing is finalized. But if I understand correctly, it's the agencies who ask for $175+ an hour who will "lose out." I assume they'll still enhanced rates for those who ask, but no hearings required.

Last edited by BrachaVHatzlocha on Wed, Jul 17 2024, 4:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Charcoal

Post Wed, Jul 17 2024, 4:42 pm
I’m a provider and have never received 125 a session
Most 85
Is this how much some ppl are receiving?

amother
  Maize  

Post Wed, Jul 17 2024, 4:44 pm
amother Charcoal wrote:
Most 85
it's referring to what the agencies receive I think. And what providers who somehow bill directly (not through agencies) for enhanced cases, receive.

amother
  Orchid

Post Wed, Jul 17 2024, 4:53 pm
amother Charcoal wrote:
Most 85

If the agencies will receive 125 instead of 175 then the 85 will go down too, no?

Post Wed, Jul 17 2024, 5:01 pm
ye, it might go down but then no one will wanna work for less than 85 and much more providers will go private.
makes sense?

amother
  Maize

Post Wed, Jul 17 2024, 5:43 pm
1346 wrote:
ye, it might go down but then no one will wanna work for less than 85 and much more providers will go private.
makes sense?
I was already approved by an agency for 80 an hour. They haven't contacted me that it changed. I'm scared, I really can't make less financially. I can't go private because I don't have students for that, the agencies took over the schools students

amother
Razzmatazz

Post Wed, Jul 17 2024, 6:49 pm
https://www.regents.nysed.gov/.....ation

The item in the link is the transcript. I cant understand it. But as a related service provider, and parent of a child who receives services, Im worried

amother
Forsythia  

Post Wed, Jul 17 2024, 7:55 pm
amother Charcoal wrote:
Most 85

You where paid through an agency!?!
The therapist enhancing independently where making upward of 250 and related services 300.
Signed-a fusturated mom who's" officially the one hiring lawyers" and constantly taking Boe to court
(Therapist- not sure your surprised that boe has had enough of all this)

amother
  Lightgreen

Post Wed, Jul 17 2024, 7:58 pm
amother Forsythia wrote:
You where paid through an agency!?!
The therapist enhancing independently where making upward of 250 and related services 300.
Signed-a fusturated mom who's" officially the one hiring lawyers" and constantly taking Boe to court
(Therapist- not sure your surprised that boe has had enough of all this)

I'm a therapist through an agency and the most I ever got was 90 an hour. I can't believe some therapists make 300.

amother
  Forsythia  

Post Wed, Jul 17 2024, 8:01 pm
amother Lightgreen wrote:
I'm a therapist through an agency and the most I ever got was 90 an hour. I can't believe some therapists make 300.

Believe it. When you hire lawyer independently without agency taking major cut

amother
  OP

Post Wed, Jul 17 2024, 8:13 pm
I work through an agency. Most of my students get $175. I get much less than that... I wonder how much the agencies will take off now. I wish we can all go directly with the DOE, but the agencies took over all the schools...

amother
  Forsythia

Post Wed, Jul 17 2024, 8:20 pm
amother OP wrote:
I work through an agency. Most of my students get $175. I get much less than that... I wonder how much the agencies will take off now. I wish we can all go directly with the DOE, but the agencies took over all the schools...

Therapist used to with an RSA but now that everyone got used to enhance nobody can handle the good pay of an RSA anymore
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics