Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Started Weight Loss Shot Semaglutide - AMA
Previous  1  2

amother
Dustypink  

Post Wed, Jun 26 2024, 12:39 pm
amother OP wrote:
Going in for my 4 week appointment never. Will update shortly.

What dose are you on?

amother
  OP  

Post Mon, Jul 15 2024, 10:24 am
amother Dustypink wrote:
What dose are you on?

Wanted to come back and update. I am still on .5mg until next week. I have lost 13 pounds or so in 8 weeks. Really unbelievable and feels like I am a cheater.

amother
  Caramel  

Post Mon, Jul 15 2024, 10:26 am
How do you feel?
Can you tell us about your side effects?

amother
  Nectarine

Post Mon, Jul 15 2024, 10:30 am
I lost 65 pounds so far.
I did it slowly over the course of 7 months.

I still have to lose 20 pounds or so and it'll probably take me another few months.

I am still on .25 mg and sometimes I up it to .35 mg.

I didn't take it this week because I wanted a break.
I just want to let everyone know that I do feel a major change.

1. I am not hungry all the time.
2. When I'm hungry I get full after a small meal.
3. I can think if it is too much or if I feel too full whereas before this there was never a too much or too full feeling.

I would love to continue like this!
Let's see how it goes without it.

OP keep us posted.

amother
  OP  

Post Mon, Jul 15 2024, 10:33 am
amother Caramel wrote:
How do you feel?
Can you tell us about your side effects?

I feel fine! I was very worried about side effects and still read up on it daily. The only side effect I can really speak to is some constipation. I use to go every day. Now it could be a good 4-5 days where I do not go but it doesn't hurt. I use to also be very gassy and I rarely pass gas anymore, it just makes everything slower. I have not used anything for the constipation and I realized in the last week or so I have gone way more often.

I am supposed to increase my dose this week to 1mg but I am worried about the full jump to 1mg. May stay on this lower dose since it is still working.

I use to think about food all day. Snack all day. Get hunger headaches. That feeling is no longer taking up the majority of my thoughts throughout the day. I eat whatever I want but the LOVE for food has gone away. In fact, I just ate some chocolate and instead of reaching for more. I am done.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Mon, Jul 15 2024, 11:04 am
That’s wonderful OP!
I’m on it for about a year.
Started in small doses and very slowly worked my way up to .3 on the shot itself.
Bh lost 37 pounds so far. Still have more to go.
It’s the best thing that ever happened to me.
I did speak to the NP an y drs - they said long term maintenance I’ll need to stay on the lowest dose so I don’t regain.
Took bloodwork a few months ago - bh al my numbers came back lowere. My dr said - just keep doing whatever I’m doing!

amother
  Dustypink

Post Wed, Jul 17 2024, 10:58 am
amother OP wrote:
I feel fine! I was very worried about side effects and still read up on it daily. The only side effect I can really speak to is some constipation. I use to go every day. Now it could be a good 4-5 days where I do not go but it doesn't hurt. I use to also be very gassy and I rarely pass gas anymore, it just makes everything slower. I have not used anything for the constipation and I realized in the last week or so I have gone way more often.

I am supposed to increase my dose this week to 1mg but I am worried about the full jump to 1mg. May stay on this lower dose since it is still working.

I use to think about food all day. Snack all day. Get hunger headaches. That feeling is no longer taking up the majority of my thoughts throughout the day. I eat whatever I want but the LOVE for food has gone away. In fact, I just ate some chocolate and instead of reaching for more. I am done.

Can you take something for constipation on the semaglutide?

amother
Honey  

Post Sun, Sep 01 2024, 12:08 am
Hi, I was searching for info on weight loss shots and found your thread.
How much have you lost? How do you feel?
I’m 30 lbs overweight and cannot lose the weight. I have developed high blood pressure and I’m pre diabetic. This might be an option for me.
I know some people will think that 30 lbs overweight is no big deal but I’m very short and 2 years ago I was only 8 lbs overweight so things aren’t looking very good.

amother
  OP  

Post Sun, Sep 01 2024, 8:23 am
amother Honey wrote:
Hi, I was searching for info on weight loss shots and found your thread.
How much have you lost? How do you feel?
I’m 30 lbs overweight and cannot lose the weight. I have developed high blood pressure and I’m pre diabetic. This might be an option for me.
I know some people will think that 30 lbs overweight is no big deal but I’m very short and 2 years ago I was only 8 lbs overweight so things aren’t looking very good.

I have lost 20 pounds and feel good. With the higher doses I did sometimes get loose GI issues after a few days. That isn't too pleasant but manageable. I want to lose another 15 pds and then get off of it. I still worry about long term complications because it's like a miracle drug.

amother
  Caramel

Post Sun, Sep 01 2024, 8:40 am
amother OP wrote:
I have lost 20 pounds and feel good. With the higher doses I did sometimes get loose GI issues after a few days. That isn't too pleasant but manageable. I want to lose another 15 pds and then get off of it. I still worry about long term complications because it's like a miracle drug.

I don’t think you can get off it completely and not regain the weight
You will need to go on a very low dose every 2-3 weeks to maintain the weight loss
I would love to hear from others what happened when they stopped totally

amother
  OP

Post Sun, Sep 01 2024, 9:09 am
amother Caramel wrote:
I don’t think you can get off it completely and not regain the weight
You will need to go on a very low dose every 2-3 weeks to maintain the weight loss
I would love to hear from others what happened when they stopped totally

Yea so this is just about every diet. I at least feel good about a reset.

amother
  Honey

Post Sun, Sep 01 2024, 9:51 am
Wow… 20 lbs in 3 months!
Can I ask how much you weighed before you started? And how tall are you?
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics