amother
OP  

Post Tue, Jul 16 2024, 2:54 pm
I work on my clients in my studio in my home. In the last few months I’ve
- listened in on several over 30 min long work zoom session
- a meeting with early intervention therapist
- many many work calls and conversations
- calls with Shadchan following up on dates

If you have an appt to have something done where you’ll actively be worked on it’s not a good time for other calls. Sometimes woman walk in and sign for me to be quiet the whole time. I find it irritating and rude
Thanks for letting me vent

amother
NeonPurple

Post Tue, Jul 16 2024, 2:55 pm
You can make a. Policy where this isn’t allowed.

amother
Acacia

Post Tue, Jul 16 2024, 2:56 pm
That's up to each practitioner to decide. If it bothers you, communicate.

Hang a sign in your studio saying, please don't be on the phone while we work together. Or something like that.

amother
Aquamarine  

Post Tue, Jul 16 2024, 2:56 pm
Horrible. It’s the same thing in stores.
Take care of things on the phone when you have privacy.
It’s a total lack of derech eretz. And privacy.

amother
Beige

Post Tue, Jul 16 2024, 2:57 pm
People are busy and have to multitask. If you find it rude you can let them know at time of booking that phone calls aren't allowed.

amother
Holly  

Post Tue, Jul 16 2024, 2:58 pm
amother Acacia wrote:
That's up to each practitioner to decide. If it bothers you, communicate.

Hang a sign in your studio saying, please don't be on the phone while we work together. Or something like that.

No. Tell them in advance so they don't plan these meetings.

amother
Bone

Post Tue, Jul 16 2024, 2:59 pm
I guess I'm the weird one, I have literally no time in my life, if I managed to squeeze in a shaitel appointment, there's almost no way I'll be able to avoid work calls during it

amother
  OP  

Post Tue, Jul 16 2024, 3:01 pm
I’m curious - do you think this should be a policy or maybe just something understood cuz it is pretty basic menchlakite.. or maybe we’ve come to a place where that doesn’t exist and adults need to be told with signs and rules ahead of time how to act ..

lamplighter  

Post Tue, Jul 16 2024, 3:05 pm
I think it's rude to take a non emergency call when you are in an appointment with someone else.
If you must take a call, apologize and keep it short.

hodeez

Post Tue, Jul 16 2024, 3:06 pm
Some bubby in the audience took a phone call in the middle of my son's nursery graduation play, nothing urgent! Some people are just incredibly interesting.

amother
  OP  

Post Tue, Jul 16 2024, 3:06 pm
lamplighter wrote:
I think it's rude to take a non emergency call when you are in an appointment with someone else.
If you must take a call, apologize and keep it short.

Thanks for this!
Seems based on replies here that you have a controversial opinion.

amother
Stone  

Post Tue, Jul 16 2024, 3:08 pm
I don’t get why this bothers you. You’re doing your beauty related job, their hair or whatever. Why can’t they be productive and make personal or work calls? Their job isn’t to be social with you. It’s to show up and pay you for your service once you’re done.

amother
  OP  

Post Tue, Jul 16 2024, 3:10 pm
amother Stone wrote:
I don’t get why this bothers you. You’re doing your beauty related job, their hair or whatever. Why can’t they be productive and make personal or work calls? Their job isn’t to be social with you. It’s to show up and pay you for your service once you’re done.

Cuz when I need their participation they sometimes act like I’m interrupting them. .. do u want to see how u look?
Also I prefer it be very a calm atmosphere, hence why I love what I do. It’s becomes very chaotic quickly when someone is on a 10+ person work call

amother
Skyblue  

Post Tue, Jul 16 2024, 3:14 pm
I agree it's rude to be on a meeting the entire time. But, it also shows inflexibility on your part to make an official policy about it and will likely make you lose customers. So most likely you should just grin and bear it. Work isn't always an enjoyable experience, luckily you enjoy is most of the time.

amother
  OP  

Post Tue, Jul 16 2024, 3:16 pm
amother Skyblue wrote:
I agree it's rude to be on a meeting the entire time. But, it also shows inflexibility on your part to make an official policy about it and will likely make you lose customers. So most likely you should just grin and bear it. Work isn't always an enjoyable experience, luckily you enjoy is most of the time.

Yep. Don’t plan to do anything about it. Just a vent.
Venting on imamother lately is like walking into the lions den

amother
Blonde

Post Tue, Jul 16 2024, 3:17 pm
amother OP wrote:
Cuz when I need their participation they sometimes act like I’m interrupting them. .. do u want to see how u look?
Also I prefer it be very a calm atmosphere, hence why I love what I do. It’s becomes very chaotic quickly when someone is on a 10+ person work call

I understand you 100%.
I think it's incredibly rude. It would totally annoy me.

amother
  Skyblue

Post Tue, Jul 16 2024, 3:17 pm
amother OP wrote:
Yep. Don’t plan to do anything about it. Just a vent.
Venting on imamother lately is like walking into the lions den

You mentioned yourself about making it a policy. Sorry, was just responding to what you wrote. I think I wrote it pretty nicely.

Rappel

Post Tue, Jul 16 2024, 3:18 pm
I would feel weird taking a call when I'm in a meeting with someone - and a beauty session is a meeting

amother
  OP

Post Tue, Jul 16 2024, 3:23 pm
amother Skyblue wrote:
You mentioned yourself about making it a policy. Sorry, was just responding to what you wrote. I think I wrote it pretty nicely.

Ye, it’s not clear. After my OP a few people responded to make a sign or have a policy when they make the appt. I wrote in my second post “do u think that’s necessary or maybe it should just be understood “ I don’t actually have any intention of doing it

amother
Burlywood

Post Tue, Jul 16 2024, 3:26 pm
Yes, it's rude and disrespectful barring an emergency.
Another PSA I'd love to make on the subject.
I sometimes go to a beauty salon to air out and for some well deserved self care and quiet from my noisy and hectic life.
I cannot handle a beautician who wants to make constant conversation. The worst are the ones who want to talk nonstop and not even converse with me. Just to unload about their life.
So it goes both ways. Both should be respectful and not overdo the talking part. A bit of small talk is okay but some customers prefer quiet for the most part.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics