Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Would u say this industry is saturated

amother
OP  

Post Tue, Sep 17 2024, 8:45 pm
I’m looking into opening a kids or preteen clothing line

I know there are a ton of companies popping up left and right, but this is something I really enjoy, and I just can’t let the idea go so fast.
I want it to be different than what the Jewish world has so far and I have some ideas of how to do that (although I don’t know if it’s enough to push thru)

I recently spoke with someone who does it and she said that it’s basically fully saturated and would be very hard to break through, that it’s very hard to get into the stores, and that the economy isn’t going so well rn and in all not a good idea

Does anyone here do this kind of thing and can weigh in and give your opinion? Would really appreciate it!

amother
Sand

Post Tue, Sep 17 2024, 8:50 pm
I think there is a need for affordable teen/preteen shabbos clothing. My dd is 14 and she is too tall for kids/doesn't want to wear what little kids are wearing, but the ladies stuff is way too mature looking for her and just not appropriate for a girl her age. Tons of her friends mothers have the same issue shopping for their daughters.

amother
Papaya

Post Tue, Sep 17 2024, 8:55 pm
amother Sand wrote:
I think there is a need for affordable teen/preteen shabbos clothing. My dd is 14 and she is too tall for kids/doesn't want to wear what little kids are wearing, but the ladies stuff is way too mature looking for her and just not appropriate for a girl her age. Tons of her friends mothers have the same issue shopping for their daughters.

Literally dealing with this right now. DD is 12. And she checked every website and hasn’t found a thing

amother
  OP  

Post Tue, Sep 17 2024, 8:57 pm
Really?
I thought there are a lot of preteen/teen options

amother
Mustard

Post Tue, Sep 17 2024, 8:59 pm
amother OP wrote:
Really?
I thought there are a lot of preteen/teen options

I think there are.

Do you have manufacturing connections? That’s the biggest challenge I think. To be able to make good quality clothing with decent margins…

amother
  OP  

Post Tue, Sep 17 2024, 9:00 pm
amother Mustard wrote:
I think there are.

Do you have manufacturing connections? That’s the biggest challenge I think. To be able to make good quality clothing with decent margins…

Right, so I may have someone to help me with all that… not sure yet

amother
Papayawhip

Post Tue, Sep 17 2024, 9:08 pm
It’s an extremely expensive and challenging business (assuming you are designing and manufacturing your own items and not just buying stuff from China). Pattern making, for example, is not cheap.

Also, a lot of people in the industry won’t share information or contacts. Part of this is protecting other people. New entrants without experience can be very unprofitable to service.

amother
Copper

Post Tue, Sep 17 2024, 9:10 pm
I would say there's a demand for tznua classy clothing.
classy timeless pieces at a decent price point Smile
And a XL that XL not a medium lol

amother
Banana

Post Tue, Sep 17 2024, 9:15 pm
I can’t comment to this because I’m totally unfamiliar, but OP I’m thinking about starting a women’s clothing line and If you end up going through with it I’d really appreciate any recommendations for manufacturers

amother
  OP

Post Tue, Sep 17 2024, 9:19 pm
amother Banana wrote:
I can’t comment to this because I’m totally unfamiliar, but OP I’m thinking about starting a women’s clothing line and If you end up going through with it I’d really appreciate any recommendations for manufacturers

I don’t have any yet lol

amother
Gardenia

Post Tue, Sep 17 2024, 9:36 pm
Please! a nice teen line is so important! Shabbos clothes especially. There are one or two but it’s not enough! I’m hitting a brick wall with my teens. The children’s company is too babyish and adult too mature.

amother
Ruby

Post Tue, Sep 17 2024, 9:40 pm
There is always room well low priced lines. You will need a salesperson to get you into stores or you can join a show.

I had a similar business that I no longer operate, it’s a lot of hard work and the burnout is real.

amother
Whitesmoke

Post Tue, Sep 17 2024, 9:42 pm
There is a demand of course.

The problem is that it would be almost impossible for someone without experience and contacts plus significant financial backing to actually create a successful business.

If this is your passion you should probably get a job at a company that manufactures clothing so that you become knowledgable about all that is involved.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics