Forum -> Children's Health
Pacifier fell into Toilet Bowl
1  2  Next

Would You Dump or Use?
Of course dump  
 64%  [ 94 ]
Obviously just rinse and use  
 7%  [ 11 ]
Sanitize and Use (explain sanitation process)  
 28%  [ 41 ]
Total Votes : 146

amother
OP  

Post Mon, Jul 15 2024, 9:02 pm
My newborn dropped her paci and clip into the toilet bowl. Pacifier is an expensive brand, I only have 2 pieces, and I have to order it online so it will take a few days until I can get more (we are using this specific paci for a medical reason and cannot change). I'll be ordering more pacifiers regardless, I'm just curious as to what other people would do in this situation.

Cheiny

Post Mon, Jul 15 2024, 9:16 pm
amother OP wrote:
My newborn dropped her paci and clip into the toilet bowl. Pacifier is an expensive brand, I only have 2 pieces, and I have to order it online so it will take a few days until I can get more (we are using this specific paci for a medical reason and cannot change). I'll be ordering more pacifiers regardless, I'm just curious as to what other people would do in this situation.

Ugh. I’d never consider reusing it… do you know how dirty a toilet bowl is, no matter how well you think you’re cleaning it? And the chemicals in cleansers… it’s cheap enough to replace.

amother
Viola

Post Mon, Jul 15 2024, 9:17 pm
Some companies sell UV light sterilizers that you can put it into, otherwise boil a pot of water and let it sit in the boiling water for 5 minutes.

amother
Currant

Post Mon, Jul 15 2024, 9:27 pm
There is more bacteria in your kitchen sink than in flushed toliet bowl. Assuming the toliet had clean water in it I would put the paci in boiling water and use.0

amother
Diamond

Post Mon, Jul 15 2024, 11:28 pm
If I was desperate, I would sterilize it.

mizle10

Post Tue, Jul 16 2024, 12:05 am
For an older kid I would probably sterilise and keep it, but for a newborn I would throw it out.

amother
Starflower

Post Tue, Jul 16 2024, 1:03 am
It depends on the paci. If it was completely watertight I might sterilize, but most have slight openings around the join and I wouldn't feel comfortable it could be sterilized properly.

amother
Tangerine

Post Tue, Jul 16 2024, 1:05 am
Ew, no.

amother
Lightgreen

Post Tue, Jul 16 2024, 1:49 am
amother OP wrote:

After sterilizing it if you would put it into your own mouth first then you can give it to your baby!

That’s sooo discusting it shouldn’t even be a question. Throw it out!

imaima  

Post Tue, Jul 16 2024, 1:56 am
amother OP wrote:

Dump and survive a couple of days without it

imaima  

Post Tue, Jul 16 2024, 1:58 am
I can’t believe this thread

amother
Apricot  

Post Tue, Jul 16 2024, 2:49 am
Throw it out
Easy enough to replace
Better safe than sorry

WhatFor

Post Tue, Jul 16 2024, 3:19 am
No question dump. Wouldn't want to risk the newborn's health - they're way too young and vulnerable at that age to even consider the risk. Even from a financial perspective, a single doctor's office visit and/or medicine is probably going to wind up costing more than the replacement.

Raizle

Post Tue, Jul 16 2024, 3:25 am
Cheiny wrote:
Ugh. I’d never consider reusing it… do you know how dirty a toilet bowl is, no matter how well you think you’re cleaning it? And the chemicals in cleansers… it’s cheap enough to replace.

Read the OP again. You missed something relevant

amother
RosePink

Post Tue, Jul 16 2024, 3:57 am
I'm just wondering how a newborn got into the toilet? Scratching Head

imaima

Post Tue, Jul 16 2024, 4:39 am
Raizle wrote:
Read the OP again. You missed something relevant

Regardless

amother
Poinsettia

Post Tue, Jul 16 2024, 4:42 am
Toss. In many other situations, I'd sterilize but not the toilet. Not for anyone...

amother
Acacia

Post Tue, Jul 16 2024, 5:07 am
Please throw it out.
Consider all the baal tashchis, wastage and overspending that our generation is guilty of - chucking out a pacifier for health risk is completely justified.
If your baby could speak, they'd want you to bin it.

amother
  OP  

Post Tue, Jul 16 2024, 9:39 am
For all you worried and disgusted people in this thread, as I said in my OP I am ordering new ones, I was just wondering what others would do. This was just to satisfy my curiosity. And as you can see in the poll, people have different opinions.
For the IMA who asked how my baby got to the toilet, I was waiting for that question! I usually keep the paci clipped to a muslin burp cloth but the cloth got dirty so I removed it until I could get a clean one. Life got in the way and I had to go supervise my young preschooler in the shower. Baby was fussy so I was bouncing around and I managed to turn towards the toilet at the exact moment she spit the paci out LOL

amother
Oldlace

Post Tue, Jul 16 2024, 9:41 am
amother Lightgreen wrote:
After sterilizing it if you would put it into your own mouth first then you can give it to your baby!

That’s sooo discusting it shouldn’t even be a question. Throw it out!

This this this
Well said
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics