Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Possible to do full day at American dream on a budget?
1  2  Next

amother
OP  

Post Mon, Jul 15 2024, 7:44 pm
My kids have been begging me to go and I'm free this Sunday. I don't want to spend tons of money though.... I have 4 kids ages 2-11 (also a baby but not including her bec I'm assuming I won't need to pay anything for her)

It's not worth it for me to go if the whole time they are just disappointed that I'm saying no to everything so want to see if there's enough there to do without spending tons. Ideally I would love to spend $100 or less, but am ok with up to $150. Maybe I could push to $200 if it's something they'll really love, but rather not...

Whats there to do there that doesn't cost tons? Also is it enough to keep them busy for a while? I'm coming from Brooklyn so it's only worth it if we end up spending a few good hours there at least and making a day of it....

As for food, I'll bring lunch and snacks with us, but if there's any place not so expensive there depending on what we spend aside from that maybe id consider getting them something....or getting them a treat like ice cream or something...

Also is there parking? Does that cost?

amother
Mauve  

Post Mon, Jul 15 2024, 7:51 pm
Just walking around is an experience. So much to see and look at. You can go to toys r us and play with many samples, they have dollar bins you can get them prizes from. You can do the train ride not sure how much it is or if it’s your budget. It’s outside toys r us. Toys r us also has cholov yisroel ice cream and treats. You can go to it’s sugar the candy store it’s very cool to look at and they have a kosher section. It’s definitely fun even if you don’t do big attractions. The garden is also cool usually decorated with interesting things my kids love walking around. Ride on animals are $10 for ten minutes you can put 2 kids on each and only pay per animal.

amother
Orchid  

Post Mon, Jul 15 2024, 7:54 pm
Parking is $5-6 dollars, not more. The activities (mini golf, ice skating, I don't recall what else) have options to purchase tickets on line (some of them must be purchased online, and I think they all have slightly better prices online) but are pretty expense (20+ per child). The pizza is also very expensive. I paid almost $100 for a pizza, large fries, and four drinks. But it's good, cheesy pizza.

amother
  OP  

Post Mon, Jul 15 2024, 8:00 pm
amother Mauve wrote:
Just walking around is an experience. So much to see and look at. You can go to toys r us and play with many samples, they have dollar bins you can get them prizes from. You can do the train ride not sure how much it is or if it’s your budget. It’s outside toys r us. Toys r us also has cholov yisroel ice cream and treats. You can go to it’s sugar the candy store it’s very cool to look at and they have a kosher section. It’s definitely fun even if you don’t do big attractions. The garden is also cool usually decorated with interesting things my kids love walking around.

Thanks. Just nervous bec my kids love action and don't want them to kvech the whole time although I will warn them before hand about what we are/and aren't doing....but if I have ideas and can go straight to those things it would help.

I appreciate the above ideas, and will write those down!

amother
  OP  

Post Mon, Jul 15 2024, 8:00 pm
amother Orchid wrote:
Parking is $5-6 dollars, not more. The activities (mini golf, ice skating, I don't recall what else) have options to purchase tickets on line (some of them must be purchased online, and I think they all have slightly better prices online) but are pretty expense (20+ per child). The pizza is also very expensive. I paid almost $100 for a pizza, large fries, and four drinks. But it's good, cheesy pizza.

Thanks for the info

amother
Molasses  

Post Mon, Jul 15 2024, 8:01 pm
Parking is $5. The first time we went the kids were happy walking around, watching the ice skating, watching the skiing and taking pictures in the candy store and on the Avenue. We eat lunch before we go or bring with us. You can add in the mirror maze or Tilt or maybe both in your budget and feel like they had a good experience.

amother
Stone  

Post Mon, Jul 15 2024, 8:02 pm
I'm thinking of just doing the dream wheel. I think it will be around 100 for my family (2 adults, 3 kids) and then we can explore toys r us and hopefully wont end up spending there..

amother
Obsidian

Post Mon, Jul 15 2024, 8:03 pm
I was there last week with 2 and 4 year old didnt spend much at all.
the kids went to the amuzement park ran around and didnt take them on rides at all. Toys r us has a train ride and slide they loved.
just walking the mall is entertaining enough
one tip just take along plenty of food because every food purchase there is SUPER expensive.

amother
  Molasses  

Post Mon, Jul 15 2024, 8:06 pm
Adding that if you buy more than one attraction at the same time online you get a discount off the second one. Make sure to go to the website for the cheaper activity first because you’ll get the discount on the more expensive activity and save more.
Mirror maze is the cheapest thing you can do there it’s $10.

amother
  Stone

Post Mon, Jul 15 2024, 8:08 pm
amother Obsidian wrote:
the kids went to the amuzement park ran around and didnt take them on rides at all. Toys r us has a train ride and slide they loved.
one tip just take along plenty of food because every food purchase there is SUPER expensive.

How much does the train ride at toys r us cost?

amother
  OP  

Post Mon, Jul 15 2024, 8:09 pm
amother Molasses wrote:
Parking is $5. The first time we went the kids were happy walking around, watching the ice skating, watching the skiing and taking pictures in the candy store and on the Avenue. We eat lunch before we go or bring with us. You can add in the mirror maze or Tilt or maybe both in your budget and feel like they had a good experience.

Thanks for the suggestions! I looked those up and think my kids would enjoy them. And I see 2 and younger can go free so I would only have to pay for my 3 older ones and myself which is nice. How long do those activities take? Is there usually a line? Just want to sort of plan the time... Like walk around first and do those after so end off in on a good note.

amother
Crimson  

Post Mon, Jul 15 2024, 8:12 pm
amother Stone wrote:
I'm thinking of just doing the dream wheel. I think it will be around 100 for my family (2 adults, 3 kids) and then we can explore toys r us and hopefully wont end up spending there..

Its kind of a let down for all that money.

My kids loved the animal riding toys and a really good value for your money.

patzer

Post Mon, Jul 15 2024, 8:12 pm
Toys R Us is right near the amusement park, so that might be a tease for your kids if they enjoy rides and you don't plan on taking them

amother
  Crimson  

Post Mon, Jul 15 2024, 8:14 pm
amother OP wrote:
Thanks for the suggestions! I looked those up and think my kids would enjoy them. And I see 2 and younger can go free so I would only have to pay for my 3 older ones and myself which is nice. How long do those activities take? Is there usually a line? Just want to sort of plan the time... Like walk around first and do those after so end off in on a good note.

Its not so fun to go if you dont want to spend money. Most activities are expensive and are not so long time wise.

You can go to toys are us, get ice cream, see the candy shop, do one activity but all the cool stuff will be out of range.

amother
  OP  

Post Mon, Jul 15 2024, 8:15 pm
amother Obsidian wrote:

Thanks. I'm not worried about my younger ones but my oldest two really liked action and aren't the type to just enjoy walking around so I want to add in something more. Sounds though they might surprise me and enjoy the looking around anyhow especially as it's our first time, so maybe if we do that and end of with 1-2 paying activities it can be really fun for them.

Thanks for the food tip. Will do

amother
  Molasses  

Post Mon, Jul 15 2024, 8:17 pm
amother OP wrote:

Sundays are usually crowded there probably more so in the summer I would expect lines.
Mirror maze we spent maybe half hour maybe an hour at tilt. It was a while ago.

amother
  OP  

Post Mon, Jul 15 2024, 8:18 pm
amother Molasses wrote:
Adding that if you buy more than one attraction at the same time online you get a discount off the second one. Make sure to go to the website for the cheaper activity first because you’ll get the discount on the more expensive activity and save more.
Mirror maze is the cheapest thing you can do there it’s $10.

Thanks!

amother
Topaz

Post Mon, Jul 15 2024, 8:18 pm
Honestly I have a very small family BH but I wouldn’t consider going. I’m not keen on going places that show them everything I’m
Going to say no to. The prices are insane and it adds up so fast.

amother
  OP  

Post Mon, Jul 15 2024, 8:19 pm
amother Crimson wrote:
Its not so fun to go if you dont want to spend money. Most activities are expensive and are not so long time wise.

You can go to toys are us, get ice cream, see the candy shop, do one activity but all the cool stuff will be out of range.

I hear. This is what I'm worried about

amother
  OP  

Post Mon, Jul 15 2024, 8:20 pm
amother Molasses wrote:
Sundays are usually crowded there probably more so in the summer I would expect lines.
Mirror maze we spent maybe half hour maybe an hour at tilt. It was a while ago.

Thanks
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics