Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Special ed degree.

amother
OP  

Post Wed, May 29 2024, 6:48 pm
Idk what to do. I really need the money for my family. I taught awhile back and it was way too much for me. I'm not meant to teach. And honestly the pay wasn't that great either.. I'm good at 1:1 p3 tutoring, but the pay is so low. Its an ok hourly rate but the yearly total it is literally peanuts. I dont know what to do. I need a job for summer and next year. I need to be able to make a nice amount of money. I am smart, capable, quick learner. Any tips, advice. Im desperate. Thanks in advance

amother
Linen

Post Wed, May 29 2024, 7:30 pm
Woops I misread- Yeah I agree the hourly rate seems high but with no benefits you literally make peanuts. Would you work some telehealth cases?

amother
Peach  

Post Wed, May 29 2024, 7:45 pm
amother OP wrote:
Idk what to do. I really need the money for my family. I taught awhile back and it was way too much for me. I'm not meant to teach. And honestly the pay wasn't that great either.. I'm good at 1:1 p3 tutoring, but the pay is so low. It’s an ok hourly rate but the yearly total it is literally peanuts. I dont know what to do. I need a job for summer and next year. I need to be able to make a nice amount of money. I am smart, capable, quick learner. Any tips, advice. Im desperate. Thanks in advance

What kind of tutoring can you do? Some tutors can charge more depending on what and whom they’re tutoring. Are you specifically looking to use your degree?

amother
Clear

Post Wed, May 29 2024, 7:46 pm
No ideas, just came.to say I'm in the same situation

amother
  OP  

Post Wed, May 29 2024, 9:03 pm
amother Linen wrote:
Woops I misread- Yeah I agree the hourly rate seems high but with no benefits you literally make peanuts. Would you work some telehealth cases?
right. Do you mean remote? I don't think the pay is any different that way

amother
  OP  

Post Wed, May 29 2024, 9:04 pm
amother Peach wrote:
What kind of tutoring can you do? Some tutors can charge more depending on what and whom they’re tutoring. Are you specifically looking to use your degree?
I don't need to be using my degree. Most of my experience is with lower grades and reading and kriah although I have done some upper grade level elementary as well.

amother
  OP  

Post Wed, May 29 2024, 9:05 pm
amother Clear wrote:
No ideas, just came.to say I'm in the same situation
hi. Do you have plans for summer and next year?

amother
  Peach

Post Wed, May 29 2024, 9:19 pm
amother OP wrote:
I don't need to be using my degree. Most of my experience is with lower grades and reading and kriah although I have done some upper grade level elementary as well.

You can try getting a few kriah cases over the summer maybe..
If you find a niche in tutoring you may be able to make more. Think dyslexia, mathematics, summer homework etc.
But if you don’t need to specifically use your degree, then think office job, babysitter, run a small daycamp for summer.

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Wed, May 29 2024, 9:26 pm
p3 cases can be enhanced at better rates

amother
Ruby

Post Wed, May 29 2024, 9:27 pm
amother OP wrote:
Idk what to do. I really need the money for my family. I taught awhile back and it was way too much for me. I'm not meant to teach. And honestly the pay wasn't that great either.. I'm good at 1:1 p3 tutoring, but the pay is so low. Its an ok hourly rate but the yearly total it is literally peanuts. I dont know what to do. I need a job for summer and next year. I need to be able to make a nice amount of money. I am smart, capable, quick learner. Any tips, advice. Im desperate. Thanks in advance

Where do you live? You can do summer and year round private tutoring. Many kids need summer tutoring to not fall behind. You can get paid very decent (depending on where you live)

amother
  OP  

Post Thu, May 30 2024, 11:58 am
amother Peach wrote:
You can try getting a few kriah cases over the summer maybe..
If you find a niche in tutoring you may be able to make more. Think dyslexia, mathematics, summer homework etc.
But if you don’t need to specifically use your degree, then think office job, babysitter, run a small daycamp for summer.
I hear. Thank you for your response. So the thing I'm really not sure of which direction to move foward. For now and for future. Id really like to start something new, move into another path, but I don't really have hobbies or passions, so I don't know where to go.

amother
  OP  

Post Thu, May 30 2024, 12:00 pm
BrachaVHatzlocha wrote:
p3 cases can be enhanced at better rates
even with enhanced, hard to find morning hours as well. A lot of it is all up in the air until school starts or until November sometimes ...the pay is not good for all the instability and what the job entails

amother
  OP

Post Thu, May 30 2024, 12:02 pm
amother Ruby wrote:
Where do you live? You can do summer and year round private tutoring. Many kids need summer tutoring to not fall behind. You can get paid very decent (depending on where you live)
I live in brooklyn. Most go away for summer and those here want to enjoy summer, not have tutoring. Even for p3 tutoring, most don't have summer hours. I honestly want to start something different. I don't feel my path is sustainable the way it is. I'm just not sure what to do at this point.

amother
Glitter

Post Sun, Jul 14 2024, 5:49 pm
OP, did you become any smarter? I currently only have my Trans B in Special Education and am unsure if I should finish my degree. Did you come up with any better options?

amother
Birch

Post Sun, Jul 14 2024, 5:53 pm
Anyone have reading courses recommendations?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics