Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
Illusions - Ami Serial
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next

amother
  Lightcoral  

Post Sun, Jun 30 2024, 8:57 am
chestnut wrote:
Finally an interesting moment of the mother wanting to surprise visit Nesanel and Rikki

Didn’t we all see this coming?

I’m not sure why Nesanel was so convinced that no one would ever visit him so FAR away…

Tao

Post Sun, Jun 30 2024, 9:15 am
amother Lightcoral wrote:
Didn’t we all see this coming?

I’m not sure why Nesanel was so convinced that no one would ever visit him so FAR away…

Obviously. It's not like they moved to Mars. Or even to another country. I mean it's just Dallas for heavens sake, of course it was going to happen

amother
Papaya  

Post Sun, Jun 30 2024, 9:31 am
I think she'll be horrified but will then go along with the 'illusion'.

It's annoying though. Rikki should not go along with it.

amother
  Whitesmoke  

Post Sun, Jun 30 2024, 10:23 am
I feel like Rikki (is that her name?) and her kids are being abused. What kind of man puts his family through all this? All to keep up his phony image. Is this even realistic?

amother
  Cobalt  

Post Sun, Jun 30 2024, 10:25 am
Also doesn’t really add up everything is in the news today unfortunately, someone would have seen this accident reported

amother
  Kiwi  

Post Sun, Jun 30 2024, 10:35 am
About the accident, that storyline was just dropped. Like he put a guy in the hospital, he’s being sued and all he’s concerned about is the “family chat”

This story is entertaining but way out there

amother
Lily  

Post Thu, Jul 11 2024, 8:02 pm
So what do ppl think of this weeks installment? Starting to get interesting!!

amother
  Lemon  

Post Thu, Jul 11 2024, 8:41 pm
amother Lily wrote:

I was waiting for this, as soon as I read last week that Rikki started working for a medical referral company.

amother
  Green  

Post Thu, Jul 11 2024, 8:51 pm
amother Lily wrote:

Can you recap? I didn’t get it this week.

amother
  Lily  

Post Thu, Jul 11 2024, 8:55 pm
Rikki got a job in a medical referral agency. She's now working alongside her super sweet neighbor. Boss is extremely nice. The boss and neighbor go into a meeting and give her a file to look at so she could see a sample intake file to know which information to ask for. It's a file on her nephew (the one with the crazy behavioral issues). Oh and of course she was told earlier that she's never ever allowed to talk about who any of the clients are outside the office!!!

chestnut

Post Thu, Jul 11 2024, 9:52 pm
amother Lily wrote:
Rikki got a job in a medical referral agency. She's now working alongside her super sweet neighbor. Boss is extremely nice. The boss and neighbor go into a meeting and give her a file to look at so she could see a sample intake file to know which information to ask for. It's a file on her nephew (the one with the crazy behavioral issues). Oh and of course she was told earlier that she's never ever allowed to talk about who any of the clients are outside the office!!!

That's far fetched. Why would Malky and whatever her husband's name contact a medical referral agency this far if they aren't planning on moving there (obviously, cause Rikki's family went there)?

amother
  Cyan  

Post Thu, Jul 11 2024, 10:19 pm
chestnut wrote:
That's far fetched. Why would Malky and whatever her husband's name contact a medical referral agency this far if they aren't planning on moving there (obviously, cause Rikki's family went there)?

its a referral agency for the whole country, not just texas....
wonder what will happen??
will she tell nesanel??? or stick to the privacy rules?

amother
  Whitesmoke  

Post Sat, Jul 13 2024, 11:41 pm
Are Riki's parents mentioned anywhere in the story? Do they even matter?

amother
  Ballota  

Post Sat, Jul 13 2024, 11:47 pm
amother Whitesmoke wrote:
Are Riki's parents mentioned anywhere in the story? Do they even matter?

Not that I recall.

amother
Quince  

Post Sun, Jul 14 2024, 12:04 am
I wonder what happened to senior Mr Kanner. He had some news he didn't want to share with his wife. I had originally thought it'll be a sickness they'll hide and they'll use the same referral agency that Riki just got a job at.

But now with Malky having used the referral agency I think it's too much to have Mr Kanner call in as well.

What's your theory?

amother
  Lily  

Post Sun, Jul 14 2024, 12:06 am
amother Quince wrote:
I wonder what happened to senior Mr Kanner. He had some news he didn't want to share with his wife. I had originally thought it'll be a sickness they'll hide and they'll use the same referral agency that Riki just got a job at.

But now with Malky having used the referral agency I think it's too much to have Mr Kanner call in as well.

What's your theory?

I think he must have heard about the issues with one of his sons (probably the lawyer - sorry I don't remember which son is which. Can't keep the names straight especially since two of them begin with the letter n) from someone in shul and is keeping it from his wife.

amother
  Whitesmoke

Post Sun, Jul 14 2024, 12:18 am
How low does ones self esteem have to be to drag his family through all this, not ask for help from his parents and brothers, just to keep up appearances..
this story makes me sad and mad.

amother
  Quince  

Post Sun, Jul 14 2024, 2:08 am
amother Lily wrote:
I think he must have heard about the issues with one of his sons (probably the lawyer - sorry I don't remember which son is which. Can't keep the names straight especially since two of them begin with the letter n) from someone in shul and is keeping it from his wife.

I thought it would be some kind of trouble that they also have to be busy hiding from everyone including the kids. The author seems to be trying to build a giant tower with all family members pretending to everyone else that life is perfect. At some point itll all come crashing down. I assumed the seniors will also be dealing with something. Perhaps it has to do with the shidduch age son ?

I'd want it to be something more interesting than just discovering all the lies.

amother
  Quince

Post Sun, Jul 14 2024, 2:14 am
amother Whitesmoke wrote:
How low does ones self esteem have to be to drag his family through all this, not ask for help from his parents and brothers, just to keep up appearances..
this story makes me sad and mad.

I blame the daughter in laws. They should not put up with this craziness. The men grew up with this disfunction. It's ingrained in them and they can't see how it isn't normal but the wives should not tolerate it. In Riki case she had to refuse the move and ask for help. It would kill her husband's self esteem but hopefully once it's shot he'd be able to rehabilitate himself from the disfunction. To go along with the pretend life is so damaging to her sanity.

amother
  Ballota  

Post Sun, Jul 14 2024, 8:45 am
amother Quince wrote:
I blame the daughter in laws. They should not put up with this craziness. The men grew up with this disfunction. It's ingrained in them and they can't see how it isn't normal but the wives should not tolerate it. In Riki case she had to refuse the move and ask for help. It would kill her husband's self esteem but hopefully once it's shot he'd be able to rehabilitate himself from the disfunction. To go along with the pretend life is so damaging to her sanity.

They are handpicked to fit their image.
Page 6 of 9   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room