Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
5 year old can’t remember songs

amother
OP  

Post Wed, Jul 10 2024, 6:01 pm
BH have a bunch of kids and they all sang every song from when they were 2 or 3 , my 5 year old has such a hard time remembering songs , sings some of it , English songs are easier but Hebrew is really bad , should I be worrried of a memory issue?

amother
Tuberose

Post Wed, Jul 10 2024, 6:04 pm
Hearing issue?

bebrave

Post Wed, Jul 10 2024, 6:17 pm
Could be he isn't so good at languages

amother
Zinnia

Post Wed, Jul 10 2024, 6:54 pm
Is he learning his letters and sounds? Did he learn colors easily?

amother
Winterberry

Post Wed, Jul 10 2024, 8:03 pm
Take him for a speech evaluation.

scintilla  

Post Wed, Jul 10 2024, 8:09 pm
This can be one of the early signs of dyslexia, but if everything else is fine it's not a concern imo. How's his speech and other abilities?

amother
  OP  

Post Thu, Jul 11 2024, 5:47 am
His speech not great but improving getting speech therapy but really feel he just getting older not sure how much speech helping , I really think he could hear, if he’s not good in languages will he have hard time in school I’m so nervous! BH knows aleph bias and sounds and colors

amother
Raspberry

Post Thu, Jul 11 2024, 5:50 am
Does he enjoy music? Maybe he’s tone deaf

scintilla

Post Thu, Jul 11 2024, 6:38 am
amother OP wrote:
His speech not great but improving getting speech therapy but really feel he just getting older not sure how much speech helping , I really think he could hear, if he’s not good in languages will he have hard time in school I’m so nervous! BH knows aleph bias and sounds and colors

Then I wouldn't be concerned now, but keep your eyes open for the coming school year and if he has any challenges then, you can mention it to the teacher at the beginning of the year to keep an eye out also if he needs any extra help/an evaluation if issues do come up. I really wouldn't be nervous now, there's nothing you can do at this point, if he will have challenges in the future you'll deal with it then. It's good you're aware and in tune with what's going on with him.

I'm a parent and a teacher, if that helps.

amother
Jade

Post Thu, Jul 11 2024, 6:49 am
My son is turning 6. He's terrible at remembering songs. He's reading both English and Hebrew really nicely. Just like some of us can't dance, some of us aren't musically inclined. There are different types of intelligence, it doesn't necessarily have to impact reading.

amother
  OP  

Post Thu, Jul 11 2024, 7:53 pm
amother Jade wrote:
My son is turning 6. He's terrible at remembering songs. He's reading both English and Hebrew really nicely. Just like some of us can't dance, some of us aren't musically inclined. There are different types of intelligence, it doesn't necessarily have to impact reading.
thank you!

amother
  OP

Post Thu, Jul 11 2024, 7:53 pm
scintilla wrote:
Then I wouldn't be concerned now, but keep your eyes open for the coming school year and if he has any challenges then, you can mention it to the teacher at the beginning of the year to keep an eye out also if he needs any extra help/an evaluation if issues do come up. I really wouldn't be nervous now, there's nothing you can do at this point, if he will have challenges in the future you'll deal with it then. It's good you're aware and in tune with what's going on with him.

I'm a parent and a teacher, if that helps.
thank you!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics