Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
I need to collect money for dd wedding
Previous  1  2  3

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 10 2024, 11:27 pm
amother Apricot wrote:
Why did you post as if it’s your daughter?

I’m sorry I guess it was poor judgement. I thought it will was a better presentation since my friend is not on imamother. I was posting as if it was her. On her behalf.

amother
Azure

Post Wed, Jul 10 2024, 11:28 pm
amother OP wrote:
I spoke with my friend she said her daughter is looking for a job and she only needs to set them up for before the wedding with minimal furniture etc. its so sad that girls are so stressed about money before their wedding. They just finished seminary.

So sorry for their stress. Hashem should help them find jobs and they should build Batei Neeman BeYisroel!

May I suggest they do what I did and my own children also did - look or second hand or give away furniture.
What did they learn in Sem? (Please know that my married, loving parents couldn't afford to send me to seminary so I didnt go, nor did I get so much as a towel from them - not that I expected. They did not have. I took whatever jobs I could get and honestly I got more from the jobs than money. )
Honestly wishing the girls much hatzlacha in everything.

amother
Quince

Post Wed, Jul 10 2024, 11:28 pm
amother OP wrote:
I’m sorry I guess it was poor judgement. I thought it will was a better presentation since my friend is not on imamother. I was posting as if it was her. On her behalf.

Dw most of us understood why u did it that way.
Where do u live?

amother
Azure

Post Wed, Jul 10 2024, 11:30 pm
amother Phlox wrote:
why do I feel everyone is rude to op here?
am I the only one?
kallahs should not need to stress about finacials before weddings!

Only after the wedding they need to stress about financials? Come on, getting married means working it out and managing with what you have.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 10 2024, 11:45 pm
amother Quince wrote:
Dw most of us understood why u did it that way.
Where do u live?

Thank you!! I don’t want to disclose the location.

amother
Birch

Post Wed, Jul 10 2024, 11:57 pm
amother Azure wrote:
Only after the wedding they need to stress about financials? Come on, getting married means working it out and managing with what you have.

Exactly. Before we were even officially engaged, DH and I sat down and crunched numbers.
We weren't getting a penny of support from anyone besides ourselves.
We had to figure out what we could afford for rent and then find an apartment that fit our budget. That's what adults who are getting married do.
I don't think we are so unique.

amother
Quince

Post Wed, Jul 10 2024, 11:59 pm
amother OP wrote:
Thank you!! I don’t want to disclose the location.

can u say what state? maybe we can share helpful info or gemachim. I know tons in my area

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 11 2024, 12:00 am
amother Azure wrote:
So sorry for their stress. Hashem should help them find jobs and they should build Batei Neeman BeYisroel!

May I suggest they do what I did and my own children also did - look or second hand or give away furniture.
What did they learn in Sem? (Please know that my married, loving parents couldn't afford to send me to seminary so I didnt go, nor did I get so much as a towel from them - not that I expected. They did not have. I took whatever jobs I could get and honestly I got more from the jobs than money. )
Honestly wishing the girls much hatzlacha in everything.

You are right. Things work out at the end. Sometimes better than people that get everything from their family. They are like you they have the right attitude. So they are ok.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 11 2024, 12:01 am
amother Quince wrote:
can u say what state? maybe we can share helpful info or gemachim. I know tons in my area

Idk if they want me to say their location

amother
Quince

Post Thu, Jul 11 2024, 12:03 am
amother OP wrote:
Idk if they want me to say their location

So then whats the point of your OP? (In a serious way)

Rappel

Post Thu, Jul 11 2024, 12:06 am
amother Quince wrote:
So then whats the point of your OP? (In a serious way)

To pass the hat among the posters here. I'm going to report my own post to have OP and her cause, verified by Yael. Asking for donations, or selling something on imamother, needs to go through her.

amother
Quince

Post Thu, Jul 11 2024, 12:09 am
Rappel wrote:
To pass the hat among the posters here. I'm going to report my own post to have OP and her cause, verified by Yael. Asking for donations, or selling something on imamother, needs to go through her.

thats what I thought. kind of icky feeling. I know tons of gemach I could have referred her to- sheital, furniture, sheva brachos dresses etc.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 11 2024, 12:09 am
Rappel wrote:

Ok I didn’t ask for money. I’m a long time member here. I’m sure that they know about help in their location. I was trying to find help that they don’t know.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 11 2024, 12:10 am
I’m not posting anymore here.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics