Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Dealing with redness on the face

amother
OP  

Post Wed, Jul 10 2024, 8:38 am
My 13 year old has red cheeks. It started about 2 years ago. I have started putting various moisturizers on the area since I noticed the skin was dry and it has helped. I was wondering if anyone else has had this experience and how they treated it. She doesn't have acne. She is going to sleep away in a few weeks and I would like to try to really treat it. Especially because I doubt counselors will be willing to put moisturizer on her face. I do have one cousin who had this for years. But it was a boy.

amother
Gold

Post Wed, Jul 10 2024, 8:49 am
It’s called rosacea. I have it, it flares up sometimes especially on yomim tovim when I wear makeup for a few days but most of the time I’m fine luckily. If it was worse, I would go to a dermatologist to find out what treatments there are.

amother
  OP  

Post Wed, Jul 10 2024, 9:11 am
amother Gold wrote:
It’s called rosacea. I have it, it flares up sometimes especially on yomim tovim when I wear makeup for a few days but most of the time I’m fine luckily. If it was worse, I would go to a dermatologist to find out what treatments there are.

She doesn't wear makeup. Do you cover it with something?

amother
Chicory

Post Wed, Jul 10 2024, 9:14 am
This is a really popular product- it is a cream with a green tint to neutralize the redness (basically a sheer color corrector)

https://a.co/d/03XfTBzy

shabbatiscoming

Post Wed, Jul 10 2024, 9:15 am
amother OP wrote:
She doesn't wear makeup. Do you cover it with something?

I also had this as a teen, young adult. I never wore any makeup. I never put anything on it. I just lived with it.

scruffy

Post Wed, Jul 10 2024, 9:17 am
amother Chicory wrote:
This is a really popular product- it is a cream with a green tint to neutralize the redness (basically a sheer color corrector)

https://a.co/d/03XfTBzy

This works well, and I tried it at one point as I have redness, but my skin is sensitive and some ingredient in it ended up exacerbating the redness. I haven't found the perfect product yet.

I do think it works for a lot of people though.

Last edited by scruffy on Wed, Jul 10 2024, 9:17 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Brunette

Post Wed, Jul 10 2024, 9:17 am
amother OP wrote:
My 13 year old has red cheeks. It started about 2 years ago. I have started putting various moisturizers on the area since I noticed the skin was dry and it has helped. I was wondering if anyone else has had this experience and how they treated it. She doesn't have acne. She is going to sleep away in a few weeks and I would like to try to really treat it. Especially because I doubt counselors will be willing to put moisturizer on her face. I do have one cousin who had this for years. But it was a boy.

Why can’t she put moisturizer on her own face?

amother
Diamond

Post Wed, Jul 10 2024, 9:46 am
Sounds like rosaceae
Speak to a dermatologist

amother
  OP

Post Wed, Jul 10 2024, 11:09 am
amother Brunette wrote:
Why can’t she put moisturizer on her own face?

This particular child wouldn't know what to do. Developmentally she is a 9 year old. She gets overwhelmed easily.

amother
DarkOrange

Post Wed, Jul 10 2024, 12:19 pm
amother OP wrote:
This particular child wouldn't know what to do. Developmentally she is a 9 year old. She gets overwhelmed easily.

Putting on moisturiser is not difficult. My 3 yr old puts on hand cream because she has dry hands. I cannot imagine a 13 yr old who can't rub some cream on her own face?

Can you practice with her?

amother
Tangerine

Post Wed, Jul 10 2024, 12:47 pm
My experience has been that rosacea cleared up with a cleaner diet. As far as I know, rosacea is an inflammatory condition. Eating foods that are inflammatory worsens it, mainly gluten, dairy, sugar are the main ones though some people could have different triggers. Azelaic acid is good for rosacea but you must wear a moisturizer with spf during the day if you use azelaic acid.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics